Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues July 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Prevention's Kickstart Your Metabolism - Cardio Segment 15" (kickbox) followed by The Firm - Cardio Overdrive. Cardio was 50" and I burned 411 calories. Not a very intense workout. I was sort of bummed....but I was babying my foot a bit. I guess I'm gonna have to start using the bike and Ellipitical more and I dread those. These stress fractures seem to occur the same time every year....late June or early July.

Have great workouts everyone. Seether & Finger Eleven tonight!! Woohoo! I'm leaving work a bit early ...hopefully.

Diane Sue - I didn't know you had cancer before. Do you know if P90X's calorie reccomendations are good to follow? I figured out what they say I should eat a day ....but I only used it with the formula that I burn 400 calories a day.....and went down a bit from what they suggested cuz I need to lose.

Deb - not sure if you'd like this song or not. I sort of like it...but it's different. Burn you Down is the name of the song and it's by Opiate for the Masses (LOL--how do you like that name?? - still need your Paypal addy).

This morning I did Sharon Twombley Athletic Step Jam and abs.

Lora, which Dove w/out do you have?
Roselyn

Today was supersets again. I did Chest & Back and then worked my abs. Had an excellent workout and went heavy. Felt very strong this morning.

1:30 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK/CHEST[/font]
[font color=red]SS #1[/font]
Close Grip Chinups:
12/9/9
superset w/
Barbell Bench Press:
100# - 10
110# - 6/6
[font color=blue]***It's been two weeks since I've done any type of pullup. I was pleased with my numbers here. I was also pleased with the # of the chest press.[/font]

[font color=red]SS #2[/font]
T-Bar Rows:
70# - 8
80# - 6/6
superset w/
Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
35's - 8
37's - 8/8
[font color=blue]***Have a hard time going as heavy as I can with flyes due to the clicking in my shoulders. They seemed ok today, though.[/font]

[font color=red]SS #3[/font]
Pullovers:
47# - 8
49# - 8/8
superset w/
Decline Dumbbell Press:
45's - 7/7/7
[font color=blue]***This was tough going from the pullovers to the presses. Had a hard time getting the weights in position for the dumbbell press.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
LIC Ab work
[font color=blue]***Love this ab work. Especially the plank section.[/font]

That is all....

Be back later...

Morning,

I’m reeeeally back this time. I had the pleasure of watching my 3 month old grandson last weekend from Friday untill Sunday, EEK! You talking about a fabulous and wonderful time, OMG he's so adorable, I got lots of laugher and smile from him. He’d look me in my eyes and start talking baby talk, blew me away with that one. So adorable:) :)

Monday, ended up being a rest day, I was pooped. This morning, had an excellent workout I finally did CC#8:) Sexy Sean rocked it! I have to email him, and tell him how much I loved it.

Nice workouts guys. Time for me to get focus, I need to lose 5 lbs OUCH! Not going to sweat it, tho! Just get back to steady workouts and clean eating I had enough of doing the wrong things, time to get my mind right!

Cardio Stats:

59.38 time
4.04 miles travelled
464 calories burned

No, workout today. We have fil funeral in a while. I am itching to workout:O I don't know why, but when I am forced to take a rest it is much harder than when I have the option to do it or not. You know, like normally I could go ahead and do some yoga or throw in a little ab work?

Debbie, nice workout. I like doing Super Sets.

Roselyn, Athletic Step Jam has become one of my favorite step workouts. Love the music on the challenge that Cathe has in HIS.

Teddy, those little ones can keep you busy but they are so much fun. My youngest granddaughter makes noises at me now and just grins so big:D

Lora, I checked out my P90X nutrition book today. I never did the math before. I had done this with a computer program years ago putting in all of my daily activities minus the workouts and it is right on. You are probably good with what you figured out for weight loss. If I add 600 calories to my daily activity burn I am around 2056 calories which is about average with my ups and downs on eating. If I wanted to lose weight I would keep mine at around 1800 calories of clean eating. Lately I have been well over 2056 calories and between two drs and the hospital weight ranged from 111-115. I know when I followed all of P90X recipes with a few changes I lost some weight but felt over stuffed :D Leaned out nicely.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I just got caught up with all the threads since Friday. Very quiet here lately. Where is everyone?

Lora - I pm'd you.

Diane Sue - I hope all is well with you. I read about your tests. I am praying that everything goes well.

Char - Hope that neck is better!

Lora, I also forgot to mention when I followed P90X nutrition I stayed with the Fat shredder phase 50% pro, 30% carb, and 20% pro. That may have made the difference in how lean I got following it. Right now I am eating more like the energy booster phase 40,40,20. With the 1000 calorie burns that has been working for me.

Good Morning Maniacs! I'm baaaack! :p I had a great vacation and today is my first day back to work after 11 days off! NOT looking forward to it. I could so get into being retired right now. Work just interfers with my life. LOL!

Not sure what workout I'll do today. I also haven't really "worked out" for over a week. Just walking and kayaking one time (still have a blister on my thumb from that). Desperately need to get back into it.

Lora-Diane Sue:
You'll both appreciate how much I bought at the Lush store! LOL! Here's the damages: Rehab shampoo, American Cream cond. Jasmine & Henna deep cond., Flying Fox shower gel, Honey B Bath Bomb, Karma Bubble Bar. I used some of this for a day or 2 and everyone in the house kept walking around smelling me all day, so, we all WENT BACK, and here's the rest of the damages for myself (the others went as crazy as I did }(): Karma Kream, Ocean Salt scrub, Retro Slammer shower gel... Plus, samples of: Lemon Flutter (for cuticles etc.), Angels on Bare Skin scrub, Ultra Light moisturiser, Sympathy for the Skin cream. Funny thing is, I still want more stuff! They let you sample all kinds of things in there and they wash your hands in all kinds of fun things... I think they hypnotize you while they do all this. LOL! Diane Sue, they told me that I could use the Retread cond., but that the Jasmine & Henna would work better for my fine hair. If you get the Retread let me know if it weighs down your hair.
So, all in all, you 2 have created another Lush Monster. Thanks!;)

later...

*~Dallys~*

Lorajc,

what's a foot stress fracture? I ask because I've been experiencing pain in my left foot under the bone of my big toe. I believe I hurt it Sunday while on my TM. I have to apply little pressure or I'll get this screeching pain right in that area. I stayed off of it yesterday but tried doing Turbo Jam this morning and it's good for a while but if I land a certain way the pain is excruciating.

Morning Ladies -

Diane Sue - I am praying for you. Lora - you may want to try some pilates also - I did that when I had plantar fasciatis really bad.

Debbie - nice work out!

Today I also did supersets

BACK
Lat pull downs - bowflex - 60 LB 10/10/10
One Arm Dumbell Row - Dumbbells - 25 lb 10/10/10

BICEPS
Barbell curl - 30 lb - 10/10/10
Hammer curls - 15 lb dumbbells 10/10/10

CHEST
Chest Press - 60 lb on bow flex 10/10/10
Chest Flye - 60 lb on bow flex 10/10/10

TRICEPS
Lying extension 10/10/10
straight leg dips 10/10/10

Shoulders
Shoulder press 10/10/10
lateral raise 10/10/10
bent over rear delt row 10/10/10

QUADS
station lunges 10/10/10
leg extensions 10/10/10

HAMS
Lying leg curs 10/10/10
stiff leg dead lift 10/10/10

ABS
hip thrusts
hanging leg raises

Ally, thanks for your prayers.

Dallys, it sounds like you got some great products:) I haven't tried the ocean salt scrub. I have had my eye on it. I just ordered some Coolaulin conditioner and some Queen of Hearts soap. Thought that soap would be moisturizing all over since they say you can use it on your face. I love getting a lot to try. I really liked the Karma bubble bar. I used one in out trailer once and the whole trailer smelled so good:D

Hey Maniacs,

Sorry been super busy here. Been working on Vacation Bible School, it runs until this Friday. Anyway, here's what I've been workout wise.

MONDAY

Warm Up Superset
One Legged Squats - 5
Chin ups - 5

Superset A
One Legged Squats (leg out front)
8/8/8
Chin Ups
8/7/7 (one more than last week)

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 37's
Stability Ball Ab Curls
15/15/15

Superset C
One Arm Rows
8/8/8 - 47's
Mountain Climbers
12/12/12

Then did 6 rounds of 60/60 intervals on the treadmill.

TUESDAY
Did 4 DS HIS.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Feeling full of energy today and vibrant!

Burned 390 cals
Traveled 5.7
Time: 45 mins
Level 1
Speeds 10-13mph (first 20 mins while listening to Five Finger Death Punch and jamming on the elliptical) hehe. Next 20 mins went 6-8mph and last 5 mins went 10mph

Gotta work abs next

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/pineapples (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey taco salad w/ 2 tbsp. cheddar cheese; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Turkey patty; peach
M6: Potato Cod; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M7: Banana protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1873 calories
58 g. fat - 28%
157 g. protein - 33%
126 g. carbs - 27%
[/font]

I'm upping my calories a bit, I've been so hungry lately. I am also going to try not to obsess over carbs so much. I think if I stay under 130 g. a day I'll be ok. I have decided that I need fruit so I'm going to eat fruit. Even if it brings my carbs up a bit.

Diane Sue: What's wrong? I haven't kept up with the board, since my schedule been so busy. Sweetheart, I do hope all is well with you :)

Someone please tell me to stay in for lunch, I wasn't gone an hour and spented 100 bucks, between GNC and Giant Eagles man oh man,
x( x(

Eatery:

M1: 2 egg whites & 1/2c oatmeal 1/3c ff milk
M2: turkey patty w/ 2 slices of light wheat bread, mustard and lettuce
M3: yogurt w/2 tbsp of flaxseed
M4: 1 turkey meatloaf w/romaine lettuce and 3 Tbsp of Ken’s ff dressing
M5: ??????

Debbie: I'm starting to get my mind right, I looooove that saying. BTW, nice workout, girl;)

Diane Sue - thanks for the info on calories. I try to stay lower....but it never works out that way...cuz I get sooooo freakin' hungry! LOL! My fitness friend is going down to 800 calories a day for his competition. I'd die!! He's doing cardio and lifting on that too!!! Yikes! That man is mighty disciplined.

Nspire- if you mean the bone on the top of your foot that leads to the big toe, that is most likely a metatarsal. I believe they count them from 1-5 .....1 being at the big toe and 5 being at the little toe. I've fractured my 2nd & 3rd metatarsals over the past 3 years. A stress fracture is a fracture in a bone in your foot that occurs from repetitive motion (like running, high impact cardio, etc). It seems that every Christmas, I eat too much chocolate and then spend the Spring trying to lose the weight with extra cardio and by June/July, I develop a stress fracture. When the fracture first starts....it hurts a little and if you baby your foot (no impact), you can get it to stop (but you have to be careful cuz walking can make it worse). Anyway, if you catch it right away, it doesn't become "full blown" and is not quite as painful as a full blown fracture. My first one was full blown and I had much swelling and knew it was a fracture (from having fractures in the past), but the thing is that stress fractures don't show up on x-rays and when I went to the hospital to x-ray it, they said negative .....anyway.....not to go into the details....by the end of the summer, I ended up at a Podiatrist's office who informed me I had a healing stress fracture. He educated me on stress fractures and I learned that stress fractures do not show up on x-rays for at least 2 weeks .....that's when the bone starts to ossify and can be seen. Knowing this, I caught my 2nd stress fracture before it became full blown, visited my Podiatrist who examined me and had me return in 2 weeks for an x-ray and Voila....stress fracture #2! I was in a boot doing cardio all Summer on the Rebounder and Bike!! LOL. Lastly, the way the Podiatrist examines you in the office (and the way I can tell at home if I've got one) is by squeezing that metatarsal bone in your foot hard and if the pain is severe/intense, YEP....you have a stress fracture that's not full blown. Hope this helps....sorry for the length!

Dallys - You go Girl!! That's nothing compared to the loads of stuff I buy from Lush. It's addicting and you know me!! LOL. I'm happy that you are enjoying it. I love turning people onto my addictions!

Getting ready to go to Seether. I may still have time to get in a workout in the AM.....it all depends on if I'm too hyped up to sleep tonight or not.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.