Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday March 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Amy's CIA All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout. Workout was 56" and I burned 517 calories. My back hurt a little after this cuz it was quite a bit of impact and most of Amy's hi/lo is not doable modifying on the Rebounder.

I had a bit of trouble following the coreography since it was my first time which is normal with Amy. I got a pretty decent, intense workout, but I'll probably be able to work a bit harder once I learn it. My face was still beet red.....which makes applying makeup after my shower difficult since I can't tell how much blush to put on! LOL.

One thing I like about Amy's recent offerings is that she doesn't skimp on the stretch at the end. The stretch was 7 minutes. My 48 year old body needs that! I thought this DVD was slightly more Hi/Lo than kickbox....but it's all good. I do look forward to her In The Ring DVD though.

Linda - that Treadmill calorie burn reading may be correct, as your average heart rates are always pretty high. Does the machine have you enter your weight, gender, etc?

Have great workouts everyone.

Oh........and to top all of this job crap off.....my 21 year old niece with zero college education and no secretarial experience landed a job working as a receptionist/secretary for an advertising company of some sort as a Temp to Hire. She will make $10/Hr when she is hired permanently and it's a cake job. She's online during the day and allowed to listen to music, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her..........but how is THIS fair?? My job is super busy, hard, no radio, no internet and less pay! Such is life I guess!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Weight still the same so doing Boot Camp today..the older Boot Camp of Cathe's.

BTW, my hubby has lost 17 pounds.

Lora,

Nice workout. You did really good.

I was suppose to do cardio today but decided to sleep a bit and since I'll be home tomorrow I'll do it then. Saturday will start my new rotation. Woo hoo!!!!

Morning Maniacs,

Boy, is it hard to do cardio on tired legs! I felt very slow this morning. Anyway, I did CC #4, workout was 48 minutes, traveled 4 miles, average HR 160, and burned 675 calories.

On pullups, if you do them with a lateral grips, palms facing each other, is this more of a chin up or pullup, what muscles does it work more?

Lora - That's part of the reason I don't believe the treadmill, because it doesn't have me enter any of that information so how could it possibly know anything?

Char - I hate the scale, I try to stay away from it as much as possible. I am having the same problem right now. It won't move. That great about your husband. My DH is stick thin and I wish I could get him to do some weightlifting.

Debbie - Can't wait to see what you are doing next!

Everyone, have a great day!

Linda

Linda - On pullups: Palms facing you are considered chin ups. They work the upper back and the biceps indirectly. Pullups are with palms facing away from you. These work more the middel part of the back and indirectly works the forearms then biceps.

Debbie - Thanks for the reply, but I am asking about a middle hand position between those two. The the hands are holding parallel handles and the palms actually facing each other, not toward or away from the body, like in a hammer grip. I was wondering what the dominating muscles are then.

Linda

Good Morning,

Last night, I had the best sleep I’ve had in weeks, freaking menopause, sucks! }( }( I tell you it's wicked}( }(

Any hoo, I did GS legs, for most of the routines I did them twice }( }( got em real good. I like working from the mix & match menu, bc after each exercise there’s a pause, and I like that, I can take anywhere between 15 to 30 seconds before repeating.

I see everyone had a good workout, good ;-) Tomorrow, is bi & tri's my favorites parts other than legs, ttyl ;)

Morning ladies - how is everyone

Debbie, I too am anxious to see your next rotation. Please share - [email protected]

Char - I love that boot camp video - one of my faves.

Shewolf - thanks for asking that question. I suppose I have been doing chin ups - and they are way hard - I am the push up queen, obviously need to work on the pull up.

Today I did th day 3 of the rotation Debbie sent me and lifted heavier weight than ever before.

WG Pullups - could only 3 sets of 3 :-(
Incline barbell press - 80 lbs - 8/8/8 - big deal for me!
WG Upright row - 28 lbs -8/8/8
Static Lunges - Barbell 50 lbs - anothe rbig deal for me! 8/8/8
Hammer curls - 20 lb dumbells - 8/8/8
SLDL - bar bell - 50lb - 8/8/8

I also did some really intense ab work on the roman chair.

Have a wonderful day!

Morning ladies. i did PLB last night. So far no pain..LOL..
PUB tonite..
Well i have a Renal kidney stone and an infection.AARGH...
Explains the back pain since Oct.. Thought i pulled my back lifting. Well. NOT....
Well, talk to ya all later. Gotta get to work..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning-
Did P90X Kenpo+. Still feel a little crappy and incredibly cranky. This week has really sucked.

Lora- KB is another thing you can do for a total body. Only do it once without any other weights for a week. I seriously think you will benefit from that. If you feel up to it, try it next week. I know about the stress. You just want to go harder, faster and heavier. I do it, too. Just watch your injuries. Wouldn't want you to get worse. Also, do you have Bento's In the Ring? If so, how's it? I know LauraMax posted about it but I trust your and Diana Sue's judgement more than most of the women on the OD forum.

Toasty- Tell your hubby I said way to go! Don't worry about the scale. It'll move.

Linda- I know the move you're talking about. I do that at the gym sometimes. I think it targets more to your biceps, rhomboid and traps. From what I remember, my forearms got sore from that as well as my shoulders. Have you tried the "Rocky" pull ups?

To everyone else, hope you all had a great workout. Take care!

Lisa

Ally,

That is really one heck of a workout you did! That barbell press would be a big deal for me too. We are about in the same weight bracket for bench and incline is much harder. I am gonna do bootcamp after the man leaves to fix the basement wall...leaking problems again.

Linda,

Fantastic workout! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I only ask cuz your heart rate seems high, but then again, you could just be in really good shape no matter what age. For me it is 144 bpm at 80%, but I can go and stay at around 160 for 30 mins on a good day.
I actually feel lighter this morning around mid section so we will see what scale says tomorrow when I am done with bootcamp too. I have always been able to do little cardio and keep my body fat way down like Deb has said, BUT I ventured off with chocolate treats too many times and was sick alot this winter. I just want to revv things up again and then when I go back into the heavy lifting here soon (Saturday with Deb) I should be back to where I was...at least that is the plan.

Linda - Sorry, I misunderstood. I'd really like to do pullups the way you are describing them. My power tower doesn't allow me to do them that way. The muscles that will work are the way upper lats, the muscles right under your shoulder caps in the back. If you've ever heard the term "wings", that is what this exercise works. The width of your upper back. Forearms and biceps indirectly.

Toasty - thanks for the words of encouragement! I think we about the same size also. How do I post pictures?

Ally,

You just go to www.picturetrail.com and pick out a name. Then there are link bars at top..manage photos, upload pictures, etc. Select upload pictures from your file, you can choose 5- 15 at a time, I believe. After pictures are uploaded, you will be given three options for either to copy and paste url onto forum page...like here, for your profile or auctions, etc. You can edit all your pictures as well and put in descriptions for them. You can go to your account and also manage your pictures in various ways.

Char - Thanks girl!!! And thanks for the post on the Open Forum. You are such a good friend!!! I love ya girl!!! Now I'm 42. It just goes by faster and faster...

Ally - Excellent workout!!! And you did awesome on the wide grips. They are HARD HARD HARD!!!! So nice job!!!

Thank you Debbie, You all are really motivating me!

I am looking into teaching a boot camp class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Cross your fingers for me. I think it would be fun and good distraction from the day job!:7

This morning I did Amy's HiLo Dome Hi Lo workout and added the Interval premix minus the w/up and str., I then did Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness Magically Hips segment. Wish some of these titles were shorter LOL. Today is our wedding anniversary. DH is off work and we are getting ready to go out:D I may check back later.

Happy Birthday Debbie :D I hope you have a fun day!

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.