Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday July 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Mitch Gaylord's Cardio Mix & Melt (medicine ball cardi workout). Workout was 43" and I burned 390 calories.

I cut my workout a bit short this morning. Wanted to place my Lunar BPAL order and thought it would be good to shock my body a bit and give it a shorter cardio workout than it's used to.

I didn't modify all of this on the Rebounder. Did plyo on the floor and my foot is hurting. This really bums me out.

Re: Lush -Retro order. I got some of my old faves. It's a Date Bubble Bar is one of my very fave BBS and I love Chai, Flying Saucers and Slammer Shower Gel...got all of those. I also got Potion lotion (it's lovely) and various bubble bars and bombs in Happy, Aura Suarvis, The Phoenix. I'm sure there was more...but my mind is going blank.

I'm running a bit late.....best go get ready for work.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Going to chiropractor this morning and then run in town when I am done. I have to go to work later in the day, but will mow some too and get some other things done.

Lora,

I checked out BPAL. Nothing I want still, and I have too much as it is anyways. I started another perfume collection too from Lovepotionperfume.com. I really like Lady Casanova from there.
Sorry to hear your foot is hurting. Have you ever been to chiropractor for your scaitia (sp?).

Seems summer has finally arrived. It's in the 90's and humid as hell here. I'm liking it. Which is weird for me.

I was so tired and out of it when I got up. Not sure why. I had excellent sleep. I felt like someone drugged me. But by the time I got started with my workout I was fine.

1:30 minutes rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BICEPS/TRICEPS[/font]
[font color=red]SS #1[/font]
Barbell Curls:
65# - 6/6/6
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
95# - 6/6/6
[font color=blue]***I really liked this superset. I felt really strong with each exercise.[/font]

[font color=red]SS #2[/font]
Dumbbell Preacher Curls:
30's - 6/6/6
superset w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
45# - 7/8/7
[font color=blue]***Arms were burning at this point.[/font]

[font color=red]SS #3[/font]
Hammer Curls:
25's - 8
27's - 7/7
superset w/
Decline Dumbbell Extensions:
20's - 8
22's - 8
25's - 6
[font color=blue]***Could not get a good weight for the decline extensions. Should have used 25's the entire time.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Plank work from Cathe's Ab Hit's DVD and some basic crunches

That is all...

Good Morning,

I could NOT sleep to save my life last night, I’m TIREDx(x( I finally felt to sleep around 12:30. wake up twice before 4:30 I hear ya Debbie, that's so strange, sometimes when I'm tired and I push myself to do the workout, like this morning, it end up being a great workout.

This morning, I did CC8 and S&H back.

Cardio Stats:

59.30 minutes
482 calories burned
4.20 miles travelled

Back:

DB Lat Row I
#20 (I did one arm at a time)

DB Pullover:
20/15/20

Dead Lifts:
20/20/20

That’s it,

tonight gonna finish Supermans, Planks 1,2,3 and do abs. I ran out of time, cuz, I took longer breaks and you know what, I’m really feeling it. I need to purchase 25 DB’s.

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to workout. Not sure what I'll be doing. I got Tony's 10 min. trainers and might try some of those, or I might take Carma for a walk and bike ride later...can't decide.

Hermie- Welcome! Not all of us are morning worker-outers (lol). I want to be, but it doesn't always work out that way. But, you are right, there are some here that are so consistent with getting the workouts in every morning. It's very motivating.

Lora- I got Slammer shower gel too (almost got flying saucers, until I smelled Slammer), you know, for my hangovers, LOL (love how it says that)! It was the last bottle in the store and they said it's discontinued. They had some of the others you bought too. Tell me about this Retro thing. Is it all discontinued items and they just brought them back for a short time?

Debbie- Nice workout! As usual.:)

Char- Good luck at the chiros. I hope it will help again.

Teddy- Sorry you didn't sleep well.:( But, you had a kickin' workout!

When is this forum going to switch over? Anybody know? I sure hope the set up is better than the current one we use. You know, so we can use color and italics and cool smiley things etc. easier.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

When you guys make protein pancakes do you eat the whole thing?

Ingredients I used!

3 egg whites 1yolk
2 Tbsp of cottage cheese
1 cup of oatmeal.

I only eat half, I am still hungry.

Dallys: Hello, Enjoy your workout:D

Teddy- My protein pancake recipe makes about 4 pancakes and I usually eat one at a time with almond/peanut butter and sugar free syrup or jam. My recipe is slightly different than yours and makes a bit more. I'd eat the whole thing if you are still hungry, or add in more cottage cheese (or flax, banana etc.) for some more bulk. Experiment a little.:)

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1 t. vanilla
2 T. flaxseed (optional)
1/2 Banana (optional, makes it more moist)

Dallys: Thanks you :) You just reminded me that I have almond butter, love that stuff. I put PP on my PP. How many PP do you get?

I finished my workout. Took forever because of interruptions. I started with Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness and did the cardio only premix stopping at the abs, then I did Kelly's Step Box and repeated the non step KickBox part then did the core, I then did Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness biceps,triceps and shoulders using 15 and 20# dumbbells and the low cardio active rests(I added some impact to these) I then did the abs, and finished with Cardio Sculpt Fitness abs and stretch. Tomorrow I will do legs. Felt good. Cardio was 1hr 31 minutes and 671 calories. Strength was 1hr 16 minutes and 511 calories. Total calories burned was 1182calories. I guess today was a Kelly Coffey day LOL Tomorrow I will work legs again.
I am healing up quickly from the biopsy:D

Lora, I ordered soap and hair conditioner from Lush but didn't order any of the retro stuff yet. Hope they keep it around for awhile. I did notice that some of the stuff say limited time on them.

Dallys,I will be curious what you think of the 10minute workouts.

Charlotte, is the chiropractor helping you?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie- I just ran it through Fitday and got this breakdown (including flax and banana).

1 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1 t. vanilla
2 T. flaxseed (optional)
1/2 Banana (optional, makes it more moist)

Calories:579
Fat: 13 grams
Carbs: 55 grams
Protein: 60 grams

Diane Sue and Bionics,

The chiro visits are helping. Now I need to not sleep on my stomach EVER AGAIN!!! lol. Doc was horrified when I told him. He says to imagine you walking with your neck side ways for 8 hours. LMAO! I so love to sleep on tummy..oh, well. Not anymore. I am gonna have to go light with some workouts until things calm down. Muscles are still inflamed and strain has not let up completely. I am about a 5 with discomfort from a scale of 1-10. I cannot look up too well when walking up the stairs so I crawl or look down. lol.
Thanks for asking.

I just got done with my run..kept it short. Very hot today. Gonna go pick some beans now and tidy up before work.

I tried to get on to the forum it was down. I better post meals now I have a feeling Cathe’s Forum is going to be down later today or tomorrow.

Meals Today:

M1: BSN protein shake w/1/4 grapefruit (post workout)
M2: Protein Pancake w/2 tbsp PP
M3: Turkey patty on wheat English muffin lettuce and mustard
M4: apple & Colby cheese
M5: Collard greens w/turkey meatloaf muffin
M6: will be something good and clean

Toasty: ((((((HUGS)))))) :)

[font color=indigo]Meals for Today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey taco salad w/2 tbsp. cheddar cheese; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: Turkey patty
M6: 96% ff 4 oz. beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Banana protein pancake w/ 2 tbps. power pb

[font color=blue]1783 calories
54 g. fat - 27%
161 g. protein - 36%
109 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

Good numbers today. Still really sick of the foods I'm eating. The only things I enjoy anymore are the protein shakes, the oats with BSN and my banana pancake but even that is getting old.

Debbie: Tonight, I’m making me a veggie pizza with a little cheese sprinkled on top. I use the low fat wheat tortilla flat bread. You can load it up with ever you like, sometimes I use the low fat spaghetti sauce, or refried beans. Bake and yummy very low in fat. I get tired of eating the same old things too, after a while our bodies get use to it. We have to get creative, you know what I mean :) I'll fine something I like really like eating then I get stuck. Just me 0.2cent

Hello all. Any thoughts on how much cardio is good for maintenance? I generally do 1 or 2 shorter cardio workouts a week, one circuit, and two or three weights days. I also do a bit of yoga. I've been thinking I might up my cardio, though, maybe make sure to always get at least two in as opposed to sometimes just one solid cardio day. I'm thirty years old, 108 lbs and 5'5.5", naturally small boned and predisposed to being light, so weight loss isn't an issue, but I want to keep it that way. Thanks for any thoughts!
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.