Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday March 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Rob Glick's Strength Training workout. Workout was 67" and I burned 336 calories.

Diane Sue - I love Jungle conditioner. It really does scent your hair. Alkamar is one of my favorite soaps also. I could use some shower gel, but they discontinued most of my favorites.....so I keep hoping they'll bring them back! Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly is okay...but the Jelly's are a bit harder to use than the gel.

Have great workouts everyone.

Hi,
Today's my rest day. I think I'm getting a cold. Not happy.

Where's everyone? LOL Are y'all still asleep? :p

Have a great day, everyone!

Lisa

Seems when we lose an hour I have the most energy and can get up without a problem. Weird. This happens to me every year.

OMG, today is the WORST day of this whole rotation. This one and next week when I have to do it with supersets. 3 sets/18 reps and it was a KILLER!!!

2 minutes rest between each set

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
25's - 18/18/18
[font color=blue]***This was the easiest of the workout. I should have went higher but whenever I go above 25-27# with flyes my shoulders click. So I concentrated on the contraction. Got a great burn.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
T-Bar Rows:
50# + bar - 18/18/18
[font color=blue]***With the bar this was probably 57#. This felt really good and by the 15th rep I was struggling.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Lateral Raise:
15's - 18/18/18
[font color=blue]***Started with 20's, got to three reps and thought, "Yea right!" Dropped it to 15's and the last few reps were a struggle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Squats w/Heel Elevated:
80# - 18/18/18
[font color=blue]***Got a great burn in the butt and felt a burn in the quads.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Incline Hammer Curls:
20's - 18/17/14
[font color=blue]***Notice the drop in reps. Man did this kill. I really pushed myself to get to 18 reps and just couldn't.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Weight Bench Dips:
55# - 18/18/18
[font color=blue]***This was a great exercise for 18 reps. By the time I got to rep 15 I was crying. LOL![/font]

That is all....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Interval X..OH MY! Killer workout. Screwed up my neck again doing L Chin Ups during X Upper Body workout. Used my neck too much to pull myself over bar...big no no! Went down in my pp to only 10 yesterday so not sure why this is happening, but I did 9 for the L Chins. (keep your legs straight out and pull up without bending legs)

Debbie,

Fantastic maniacal workout!

Lora,

I put up Sugar Moon and Glowing Vulva on ebay for sale. Really didn't think that much of Sugar Moon either...not bad, just blah for me. Did you get yours yet? Nice calorie burn! I want to get those kb's, but I also want to get some Kundalini workouts too so...i yi yi.

Good Morning, I did not have to go out this morning so slept in a little. I put chicken, spinach and wild rice soup in my slow cooker for lunch and will go do 4Day Split Legs and some cardio. I finally broke down and pre ordered the STS series since today is the last day for the best price. I knew I would buy it eventually so went for it.

Lora, I was thinking of trying some of the solid shampoos Lush carries sometime. I have been really happy with the bottled Cynthia Stout one. This is my 3rd purchase of it:)

Charlotte, ouch on the neck. That kept happening to me when I was doing P90X+.

Debbie, I feel less energetic with the time change. Hopefully once I drag myself in there I will get some of my energy back.

Lisa, sorry you are getting a cold. I thought I was coming down with one but I seem to have been able to fight it off.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies.. I am trying to wake up. The time change is killing me.. I am heading soon to do a CCoach. Think i will start with #1..
Take it easy..I keep saying one day at a time..
It will come back. I am not even posting my poundage. You will all laugh and it felt heavy.. GOSH.. I know it will but depressing..
I am not allowed over 20 # for another month anyways.. Slow and sure..
Maybe i will be back for STS when it comes out..
Deb. great poundage. The high reps are tough. WOW.
Char watch tet neck , you will be getting headaches..

Oh Deb, we only got about 3" snow.It missed us...

Lisa Vit c.. I have people that swear by airborne..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs,

I got to do what Debbie considers the second worst day of this rotation. It is by far the worst! Full body done in supersets with three sets of eighteen. OUCH!

Chest/Back
Weighted Push Ups
18/18/18 - 7# (up 2#)
Barbell Rows
18/18/18 - 72# (up 2#, fought for these)

Shoulders/Quads
Lateral Raise
18/18/18 - 16's (up 1#)
Squats
18/18/18 - 85# (up 5#)

Biceps/Triceps
EZ Bar Curls
18/18/18 - 43# (up 2#, these were a fight too)
Overhead DB Extensions
18/18/18 - 32# (up 2#)

Then added some ab work. Tired now.

Lisa - sorry about the cold! Hope you don't get real sick. Did you get my latest PM?

Debbie - you are so right! These 18 reps are complete hell! It sucks to realize that at rep 9 your only half way there!

Char - sorry to hear about your neck. Hope it's not too bad!

Anne - welcome back! Nice to see you back at it, some people would have used it as an excuse to quit altogether.

Have a great day!

Linda

No, Linda. No excuse. Just hard getting back. I feel 80 here..
I did 35 onthe treadmill. I mostly elevated at 3.5 and up to 10 elevation.. Not ready for running yet.
Enough for today. I have to go to work. I really just want to quit, but i am not. Gotta keep going . I know a couple weeks and i will be better.Kickin my self in the butt. Takes 2 good weeks to get back to it..
Like sore in the butt cheeks today, but that's it.I don't want to ache. Will give me an excuse to not do it..

I can't believe how hard the abs were on MMax. Tells ya how much you loose in a month. I did have to pause and break some, but not as much as i expected.
Tri's are still my strongest part for some reason. I just can't do dips so i sub with overheads.
I plan on getting back to splits after i get built back up some.
I am scared of B&G right now.. Maybe in a couple weeks.

It is snowing again..
Well, off to get a bath. I work evening today and need some supplies..
Take care all..
Where has everyone been. This place is dead .. Come on girls. Time to get ready for the swim suits..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Took some Emergen-C this morning. I feel a lot better now. Just a bit of runny nose but it's FREEZING here. I hope I don't get one of these virus where you're sick for 10 min then you're healthy for a couple of hours then sick again then healthy....I hate that. I'd rather get whupped by it and be in bed for 2-3 days. At least it'll be over with. This type I'm talking about can last for a couple of weeks.

Char- Ouch on the neck. Do you look up when you do the chin ups?

Deb- Nice workout! I love supersetting. I'm done in less than an hour. LOL

Linda- The last time I got a PM from you was on March 2nd. Either my PM is screwed up or Cathe's crew did something and messed up my PMs. I'll have to check again.

WD- I notice you eat a lot of soups....How's it possible for you to eat soup and not gain weight? Every single time I eat soup, I gain weight regardless the sodium content. I stopped eating them due to the weight gain. Got a secret there? :) Also, do you know of any good white bean chicken chili recipe? I know Tosca has one in her Clean Eating cookbook but I'm not sure if it's any good?

Anyway, hope you all have a good day!

Lisa

Lisa,

Glad your feeling better. Dh has been sick. I have been taking Zicam and garlic oil, zinc, etc. So far not sick, but I was stupid to take the vitamins on empty stomach and almost barfed. lol.I had to eat some doritos to keep myself from feeling sick so I got on scale and doritos cost me as I got on scale. Rut ro. Got to remember not to look up..gotta remember. Thanks.

Anne,

I feel like old lady today too. Neck stiff and now I wear glasses...have to have glasses down on nose so when I look up it is not blurry cuz far away I can see fine..just not close up. Like last nights email. Maybe explains why I had the dream I had last night. Lawd! lol.

Linda,

I just think it is great your doing that rotation with Debbie. You are doing so great with your weight workout...shoulders is especially impressive. Good Gosh!!!

Diane Sue,

Anymore treats coming in the mail? I am hoping to get my love potion perfumes today. Now I got my daughter hooked on them. You know, you can't wear pheromone perfume before you go to sleep at night..it makes you dream of sex and also disturbs your sleep pattern. Not that you care...just something I never knew about pheromones.

Nice workouts, everyone! I don't have time for personals but I read all your posts! Nice going!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey Meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M5: 1 whole egg; 3 egg whites; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1707.5 calories
53 g. fat - 28%
170 g. proetein - 40%
140 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

Not sure I'll have the dreaded protein pancake. It's funny how I so looked forward to those and now I dread them. I like this macro breakdown, though, so I guess if I can stomach it, I'll eat it.

I finished my workout. I did 4Day Split Kickbox stopping at the legs,then did Kimberly Spreens Absolute KB Kickbox premix skipping the w/up and stopping at the floor abs, went back and did 4DS premix lower, then did the abs and Absolute KB floor abs and stretch and finished with 4DS Kickbox stretch. Got to run and pick up my granddaughters and take them home in a few minutes.

Charlotte, that is interesting about the pheramones. I have odd dreams anyway. I wouldn't repeat some of them here:) Last night I dreamed that I cut a hole in the wall to get to the attic LOL No, I just got the package from Lush. Just makes me want more though LOL

Done with workout. Felt good. Now I have to work abs.

Diane Sue,

I got my love potion package today. I put on the Super Sexy Pheromone roll on, and the dogs seemed confused and kept sniffing me. LOL! I have to make sure I wash it off before I sleep. I got to put in another order today cuz my dd wants some of her own and plus there is a few more I want.

HI Debbie, I am new to this forum. Is this one day of a rotation? If so, what do the other days look like?

Thanks so much.
Ally

I have a really easy chicken chili recipe. It is from food tv - below
3 onions sliced
1 tbsp good olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
2 yellow bell peppers, cored, seeded, and large-diced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for chicken
2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomotos, undrained
1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
4 split chicken breasts diced
Freshly ground black pepper

Cook the onions in the oil over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the bell peppers, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add chicken and saute until brown. Add tomatoes bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

I like to serve with warm soft corn tortillas

This recipe is also very good with left over roasted chicken pulled from the bone.

Lisa, I love soups because they make me feel full with minimal calories and fat. I have not tried the Clean Eating white bean chili yet. Usually I alter recipes:) I use Herb Ox sodium free boullion packets and water instead of canned broth because even the low sodium has a lot. Also if I use canned beans I throw them in the colander and rinse them well. I prefer to cook dry beans ahead or in the soup so as not to have the added salt. If I use tomatoes it is fresh or I buy Walmart no salt added diced tomatoes. I just purchased a new slow cooker and a couple of light slow cooker recipe books. That is where I got the recipe I used today. One uses a few more canned and packaged items though. One is The Healthy Slow Cooker by Judith Finlayson which uses a lot of clean items. It also has a couple of recipes for making your own vegetable and chicken stock in the slow cooker and freezing it for future use so you don't have the sodium. The Other is Better Homes and Gardens Slow Cooker Favorites made Healthy. I made the soup today from that one but changed a couple of things like the broth.

Hi Everyone!

It's late, I've not worked out tonight. Catching up on the posts from the weekend and Friday.

Debbie I'm still loving the rotation!!! My hubby is noticing some lift in my butt area and back! YAY!
You amaze me with the weights you lift with 18 reps.

Linda wow on your weights too, I'm so weak in my shoulders but I'm getting stronger, you doing great!

Charlotte what's up chica??? Good workout! When you gonna post some updates?

Anne, what's good for dry damaged permed hair??? Help! I'm thinking of going to the salon and getting a deep conditioning for my hair!

Hi Diane Sue, Lora and everyone else that follows or reads this late at night!!!

I'll post and try to catch up tomorrow!

Hi Diane, I am new to this forum, but a long time Cathe fan. I went to your website yesterday and noticed that you have a Bowflex in your work out room. Do you incorporate that into your workouts with Cathe, or do you do that in addition to the Cathe workouts? Just curious. You obviously workout hard and eat well.

Hi Sandy, I am a carolina girl too! I have naturally curly hair that is dry and course. I like the Joico deep conditioning treatment (it has keratin in it) - I can usually find it cheap at TJ Maxx. It works great.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.