Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday July 6

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I had to take it a bit easy. Was sitting at a red light in my car yesterday and was rear ended. I'm stiff and sore in my neck and back.

I did Prevention's Personal Training and lightened up the weights. I also did some Classical Stretch and Kundalini Yoga for my low back and neck. Hope I don't get much worse.

I did a particularly challenging workout the other day. It was an IFTA one with Greg Sims called Body Changing Workout. I was pleasantly surprised with the intensity. We even did flying jacks with a resistance band around our feet.

Have great workouts everyone....................where is everyone?

Last edited:
Lora - Boy Lora, the stuff that you go through! Hang in there! Hope you are okay from the accident!

If I am able to move my arms at all tomorrow I will consider myself lucky! I did STS Disc 1 (no disc). It was a humbling experience. But someone please tell me how in the world are you suppose to lift 60% of your 1RM toward the end of the workout? It's impossible! Anyway, I used GS Chest & Triceps as the warmup then did TammiLee Webb's Total Stretch sitting stretch. Workout was 1:07 and I burned 400 calories.

Oh yeah, and this woman loves pushups!

Push Ups - Standard - BW/8
Push Up Wide - BW/8
Push Ups - Standard - BW/8
Alternating Seated Overhead Shoulder Press (dumbbell) - 15's/15 (started w/ 20 but had to drop)
Barbell Curl - 40#/21's
Incline Chest Flys (dumbbell) - 20's/15
Seated Rear Delts (dumbbell) - 10's/15
Bonus Band Pulls - Blue/15
Incline Curl Alternating & Rotate at Top (dumbbell) - 15's/15 (need to go up here)
Decline Pushups - BW/20
Incline Front Raise on Stability Ball (dumbbell) - 10's/15
Standing Quarter Stop Curls Both Arms (dumbbell) - 35#/8
Prone Pushups on Stability Ball - BW/20
Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends (dumbbell) - 10's/6
Seated Concentration Curls 1.5's (dumbbell) - 20#/12
Straddle Pushups - BW/18
Side Leaning Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - 8#/15
Seated Curls Alternating + Both Arms (dumbbell) - 15's/16 (need to go up here to)
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) (dumbbell) - 20's/15
Seated Overhead Press (dumbbell) - 15's/15
Preacher Curl on Stability Ball One Arm (dumbbell) - 20#/15
Core Pushups - boot camp style - BW/16
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s (barbell) 25#/12
Reverse Dumbbell Curl- 12's/16
Staggered Pushups - BW/16
Incline Rear Raise on Stability Ball (dumbbell) 8's/15
Barbell Curl Wide Grip - 40#/21's

Lora and Linda - hello!

I have been MIA. I have been really sick and not working out much.

Linda - great workout. When did you get STS? I did not purchase. It seemed so expensive. Let me know if you believe it is worth the investment.

Lora - hope you feel better! I am so sorry to hear about your accident.

I did Jillian Michaels boost your metabolism workout. Over the holiday I played tennis one day and jogged the next, so I wasn't a total blob. We went to south Carolina and had a great visit with family.

Good to chat with you all. Take care and have a great day.

I have been MIA. I have been really sick and not working out much.

Linda - great workout. When did you get STS? I did not purchase. It seemed so expensive. Let me know if you believe it is worth the investment.

Ally - Sorry to hear that you have been so sick! Hope things are getting better. I did not purchase STS either, didn't have the money. I just printed out the workout cards, view the exercises in the w/o manager and am doing it on my own with no discs. Which I like better, BTW.

That is a cool idea. Then you can watch what you want on TV. I may check that out! Thanks for the idea.

Linda: Hey there, good job on STS today. Sorry I didn't get with you in time, but I did double check and the incline rear raise on the stability ball is the one you wanted confirmation on, right? It is just like the lateral one on the stability ball except the arm raises up to the front and is at 90 degrees to the body at the top of the movement instead of in line with the body out to the side in the lateral raise. Don't come up past shoulder height. Is that what you needed?

Oh yes and I did B&G this morning! I'm wiped out. J is home today (yay!) so gotta go. I just wanted to make sure Linda had what she needed.

Patti - Thanks, I guess I did them wrong, because someone else said your arms go out to the side. Oh well, still felt it in my shoulders!:p Thanks for checking in just for me!

Linda: The incline leaning lateral raise goes out to the side, the rear raise the arm goes out to the front. The body is in the same position in each move, though, leaning to the side on the stability ball. Hey, still worked the shoulders! ;)

Roselyn - I don't think I'm going to the doctor since I already get seen monthly for bulging discs in my cervical spine. I expect I'll just be worse for a while. It also seems to have aggravated my previous injury from the fall down the stairs ....such is life.

Patti - The other person told me the position was face down with chest on ball, like in a bent over rear delt raise. Oh well. Just found the PDF file of the 1RM chart with pictures. Going to print that now.

Linda: You hit the right muscle then, but yeah, it's the other exercise. I watched the DVD to make sure. :)

Evening Maniacs-
I did B&G legs and fw legs. 50 minutes 330 calories. I will save the ab work for another day...I am pooped. Tomorrow is cardio, I hope I can move. I always seem to get some serious DOMS in my legs.

Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.