Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Wed May 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I only had time to do about 37 minutes of cardio. I did my new CIA Criss Cross Cardio with Sheri Jacquelyn (which was a cardio-interval kickbox workout).

I really liked this instructor. She sort of reminds me of Cathe in the way she is very professional and not annoying at all. She has very nicely defined arms and abs (great physique in general). Extremely fit lady and she even talked thru doing flying jacks. I really liked the little bit of this workout that I did this morning. It's my kind of kick box DVD. It's like a Cathe kickbox in that she does higher impact moves in between the kickboxing to keep your HR elevated. She has good form with her boxing as well. It also has a capoeria segment for toning the abs, upper body and glutes (I'm not sure how this is accomplished just yet).

From how sore I was feeling yesterday, I'd have to also say that the Mindy DVDs I've done the last few days must be pretty good also.

I have to be at work for the early shift. I'm having my trigger point injections later today. I'll be really sore for a few days after. I'll have to remember to ask if I'm allowed to lift on Friday.

Have great workouts everyone and I'll try to check in from work.

Good Morning,
I am off to do I Max extreme and di GS back & shoulders and some ab work since I did GS biceps yesterday. I am so glad I am done with jury duty. I had leg cramps and felt so stiff sitting all day for 2 days.

Have a great day
Diane Sue

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Diane Sue,

I just can't see you sitting for hours either! Must have just about killed you! LOL! I am still stiff from something I did. Not sure why my neck and back are still so stiff. Wish it would go away. Will do alot of stretching today and maybe take some aspirin.

Lora,

Just pm'd you.

Well today I tried leaner legs for the first time. Mostly just alot of deadlifts and squats. Interesting workout though, my legs thought so too. Didn't get in anymore cardio. I just wanted to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine before I have to work next week. Makes me sad I will be inside on sunny days. I am spoiled being at home.

Today I will do a interval run and then chest/back. I have to clean ALOT too and give my dogs a bath and iron clothes. I never did mow yet so will do that tomorrow after I finish taking my DD car to get worked on. Friday, DH is suppose to be off.

Have great sweaty workouts!
Charlotte~~

This morning I did Circuit Max. That is such a fun workout, it goes by really fast. Loved the push-ups and plank work at the end. I was in my zone for 51 minutes and burned 309 calories! I'm happy with that!

Charlotte, I did Leaner Legs for the first time about three weeks ago, its a killer. I can't do deadlifts, though, so I subbed hamstring presses on the high step. That always makes my hamstrings scream!

Have great workouts, everyone! I'll check in later.

Good Morning,

Let's see....today is leg day. I should do SH, but I think I'll do PS Legs, followed by HSTA lower body premix.
I would also like to do TLT-BBBB, if I have time.

Charlotte, you mentioned yesterday the hair styles in LL. Quite a while ago, Cathe said during the filming of CTX series there was a bad snow storm and they had to do their hair themselves since the stylist couldn’t make it. I've always thought for sure LL was that one.

Christine, I used to love Bosom Buddies.

Diane Sue, glad you survived jury duty. Your dh posted yesterday saying he'll be home in ten more days! How long will he be home for?

Well, I'll be back later to see what you are up to today.

Good morning Maniacs!!

Happy Hump Day!! This morning I ran about 4.5 miles on my treadmill. I tried really hard to make it an easy run...sometimes that is hard for me to do.

Lora - That Mindy sounds pretty interesting...I need to look her up. Do you know her website?

Toasty - I don't blame you...enjoy your time relaxing while you can.

Debbie - Circuit Max is fun...haven't done that one in a while either...I'm glad you here!

Diane Sue - Glad Jury duty is over for you...you'll be back to yourself in no time!! Your dh is a sweetheart!!

Susan - Diane Sue's dh is coming home for good!! Isn't that awesome??!! That's is so funny about the LL hair styles!!

I hope everyone has great workouts...I'll be back.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hi Everyone -

My boss is in a meeting...I'm crazy busy...but stopped in to see how everyone is. What rotation is everyone doing?

Charlotte - I emailed you from my work email.

Marietta - The NRG DVDs I ordered are the ones that were supposed to be ready at the end of April. They are listed on her site. I think they are both Circuit Tapes for shock value. It was my CIAs that came yesterday though. Mindy's website is www.Jumpincfitness.com. Mindy's pretty cool. I emailed her yesterday asking for 2 Bosu rec's cuz I only had money for 2 workouts and she gave me free shipping. This isn't the first time she's done that for me. I think she appreciates the extra business she's been getting because of Cathe's delayed project.

Good Morning all!

Quick check in to let you know that I have P90X Shoulders and Arms on my agenda for this afternoon - slept in this morning. And I'll do some abs as well - not sure what yet probably a mix. I'm doing this all at the gym as I can't get home for lunch. Oh well. :)

Lora - love your updates on the videos you use. You are really encouraging me to look out for new instructors. Can't wait 'til after the P90X rotation so I can start trying some!

Charlotte - I like leaner legs! Have fun on your run. I'm starting my interval runs next week.

Diane Sue - oh man, I'm happy for you that jury duty is over! I start on the 26th of May - I'm hoping they do not need me. How's your DD by the way?

Debbie - you are hitting my fav's this week. Circuit Max was my first Cathe tape (I killed it on VHS and had to buy it on DVD!). I really enjoy that one. I love the variety!

Susan - how's the baby? He's so cute! Yeah, I used to watch Bosom Buddies all the time. Had a major crush on Peter. Oh the follies of youth! :+ :+

Hi All!

I really have to make this quick! ;-)

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday that I did Rodney Yee's yoga. I liked that one, but had a hard time getting passed his outfit or lack of one. lol! Ewww!:eek: I think there's an athletic yoga he produced. I'll have to look into that. Hopefully, he's wearing a longer bottom. ha ha!

Today I did GS Triceps & Biceps, then 35 minutes on the treadmill, and a stretch. I need to keep stretching. My calves have been tight now for some reason. I feel like I can't stretch enough. I wonder what's up with that? It's not like I'm doing a lot of high impact... very weird.

I'll come back and read what you all have been up to today.:)

Dallas

ETA: typos...:-(

Dallas - Funny you mention that about Rodney. When I bought the Yoga Now set from Gaaim with him and Mariel Hemingway, he had shorts and a tank top on and I thought he looked so odd fully clothed....then I realized I've never seen him with that much clothing. How 'bout the guy with the Mohawk on that DVD? Are you talking about the Yoga for Athletes one?

And speaking of Yoga, I did a Lunar Flow series last night off of my Shiva Rea DVD. It was very relaxing and had a lot of supine poses followed by tons of inversions....which I probably shouldn't have done with it being that time of the month.

Lora, I have his Yoga for Athletes tape and I believe he's wearing tight shorts that go down to his knees. I can't remember but I don't remember thinking anything about what he was (or wasn't) wearing. Its a good workout, but I've only done it a handful of times.

Hi again!

I'm happy I did get to do PS LEgs and Abs, then I did HSTA lower body premix, then did SH Shoulders twice.

Lora, the kickbox workout you mentioned that you did today...is it as advanced as Cathe? How is the production?

Marietta, how is work going?

Charolette, have you found new clothes yet?

Well, gotta run again!
Susan

A quivk note. I developed dry socket and Now I am in big time pain and have to go evert day to have Gsuze and stuff put into the insision. Pain is so intense taht I feel and cracked my head o n the counter. I have not ate or alept in days. Well I did eat some yougurt. Has anybody ever had this happen to them?

Terri

Terri - no that sounds horrible!! I hope you feel better soon. I'm so sorry... {{{{HUGS}}}}

I had to look this up on line, and oh my, it sounds very very painful. I'm really sorry - did you get any topical treatment? That's supposed to help with the pain.

Evening Ladies!

Terri ~ Oh my! I know you have to be in some serious pain. :-( Anyone there to take care of you?

Diane Sue ~ Imax Extreme is one of my favorites! I couldn't imagine sitting still that long either. ;-) Glad it's over for you! Do your granddaughters have a recital?

Susan ~ That was some workout! I really like HSTA too. Are you doing the May rotation? That one looks really good. I've been so busy I forgot to look at what Cathe posted until this AM. I may have to jump into that one....with modifications of course.

Marietta ~ How's the stress level at work? It's a good thing you workout!

Lora ~ You know, I'm not sure which DVD I have of Rodney Yee, but it was power yoga. I thought I'd give my Bryan DVD a rest. How do you like the yoga for athletes?

Christine ~ How's P90X treating you? I should go read your check in thread.

Debbie ~ I almost bought the carmel creme tea too. Next time!:) Great workout!

Charlotte ~ Wow, your post just wore me out! You get a lot done during the day!

Nicole ~ I hope tomorrow brings good news for your ds Colby. I'll say a little prayer for him. Glad your dad is OK. Boy, it better let up for you soon.

Sabrina ~ Did you get my e-mail about my camera?

I plan on working out tomorrow, but will have to see...the PT was really digging into my ankle, foot and leg this time. :eek: OUCH!!! Tomorrow I have to be up at the school to do a Walk for a Cure (diabetes) with my kids. I hope the rain stays away. So, I'll have to check in when I get back in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful night!

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.