Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check In for Saturday June 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did 1/2 hour of Pam Cosmi's Steppin' Rhythmin' (time to start working on this one again), and Tribal Fitness Latin Groove (about 40 min) followed by 10 minute Quick Fix Pilates Abs, Tribal Fitness 8-pack abs, and Tribal Fitness Yoga Groove, as well as Cathe's Total Body Stretch section #1.

I bought the Tribal Fitness 4 pack because I thought the 2 aerobic DVDs would be fun (since I like Yoga Booty Ballet). They are done to drum music....which I thought might get on my nerves..but it didn't. I actually really liked the ones I did today (except for the ab one - not hard enough or long enough). First, let me just say (and this is probably something none of you know about me), I love to dance latin style. I swear, I must have been Latin in my past life cuz this white girl can shake her booty and it's no tiny pancake booty either. I love the Salsa and Merengue...especially. I had to laugh at myself during this workout cuz during the Salsa, I was really putting my hips into it and my shoulders and I clocked my HR in at 160 (160 is what I usually hit for my intervals...so I had to laugh at the effect shakin' this big ol' booty had). This DVD was 30 min, but I redid part of it cuz it was fun and the drum music did not get on my nerves.

Yoga Grooves - I also liked this. I was surprised I enjoyed this, as I really like traditional yoga and when I purchased this set, I wasn't expecting to like this or the PIlates Groove one, but I really liked it. It was yoga done with a dance groove and it actually felt good to move a bit and get into the hips and move the spine different ways. One of the things I actually like about all dance videos are the way you move your body...which is so much different than the way we move with traditional exercise.

The ab workout was mostly isometric holds. It was different and I felt it, but it wasn't long enough or intense enough.

The other 2 in the this 4 pack are Spirit Groove (dance) and Pilates Groove - which I might try tomorrow.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak my sore neck and shoulders in the tub. I'm having some increased pain today. I don't know if it's the weather or from doing pushups on the floor the other day.

We're going to see Click tomorrow. I'm not sure what we're going to today. I want to go to Old Navy cuz I hear they have yoga pants on sale for $6. I thought I'd try to find a couple pair.

Charlotte - I just had an idea. How far do you live from me? Maybe you can come up here for the BuckCherry concert. I know I bought 4 tickets and I'm not sure who's all going, but even if everyone is going, I think tickets are still available and we do get to go to the Meet and Greet before the show. PM me if you think this may be something you want to try and work out. One problem is that I don't have an extra bedroom in my house..only 1 bedroom. I know West Virgina is right next to Ohio....so how far exactly are you into Virginia? If you want to look at a map...I'm in Youngstown. Oh and speaking of BuckCherry...here's one from the Ladies Thread (I couldn't go on there yesterday, cuz I was at work). I forgot - Buckcherry was on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night and I found out about it 1 day late. I was so mad!! I'm dying to see it. ERRRRRR......

http://www.buckcherry.com/Gallery/data/500/medium/buckcherry_037.jpg

and since his head is cut off in the above...here ya go.

http://www.buckcherry.com/Gallery/data/505/medium/Chicago---29.jpg

SORRY to have to make everyone look at the picture.......I'll try to refrain from sharing these that aren't links.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.