Hardcore cuties Saturday Nov. 29, 08

sunnyside

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs!

Didn't see a thread started today, so I'll take the honors.:D
This morning I did Jari Loves Ripped and Chisled. I like this one, but I the shoulder section still kills me! I'm down a pound so my eating wasn't as bad as I thought it was. :D

Have a great Saturday!

Last edited:
Hi Maniacs! Had a great workout yesterday. I did BM2 Bootcamp (78 minutes) followed by 10 minutes of jumping rope, 4 chinups, 4/4/4/4 pull-ups (assisted) and 10/10/10 leg raises. Feel confident I burned any extra calories I ate on Thursday:)

I put away fall decorations and put up Christmas decorations yesterday. Figured I'd get it done since I have the time off plus we are having a party next Friday.

Dally's...sounds like you and hubby had a fun shopping trip! We are headed out to Sports Authority to see what holiday sales they have.

Workout today was Tracey Stahele's Steady State Step add in a second time for abs, Hi/Lo Med ball, combos, 4-10 starting at the med ball and doing the abs med ball segment two times. Body Max 2 Biceps hammer curl 12x20lb;inclinecurl 12 reps x20#, concentration curl 12x 20# and repeat,
tricep dips 32 reps 2x no weight, kick backs24reps 1x 10#,16 reps pulsing kickbacks 10#: abs using 15 # for crunches. , Amy's 10 minute solution Bootcamp Rock Bottom 10's and 15's; Kettlebell Goddess Lean Butt
Pistols 4 reps each side wiht 15# 1 set and 20# 2 Sets; 3 sets front squats 20# 2 sets, 25# one set; Step back lunge passing kettlebell inside and reverse 12reps by 2 sets each side 25#; Good Morning 3 sets 6 reps kettlebell 25#; 1 leg deadlift 3 sets x 8 reps 25# kettlebell each leg; swing, clean, and snactch 5 sets total 15#, stretch
Total calories burned 1091and 50% fat burned. I had to pull out my new workut log book tha I purchased from Barnes and Nobel today. It is I will get fit. Has a little log book too that I thought that I would take with me to Kosovo but Bill is coming home so I have it for later:D Lots of info in it. Hopefully I can get a rotaion going next week with some heavier weight training and kettlebell training. I stood on the scale today. My scale says 116 this morning. Last time I went to the doctor it was 111. Anyway I thought I looked leaner so am not worried about the differences. I got Tracey Staehle's new yoga dvd today. I will probably do some of it this afternoon:D

Dallys, I looked earlier and no one had checked in so just ignored. I wanted to get my workout in before BIll called me this morning.I don't feel like such a cutie this morning LOL. I really like Jari's Ripped and Chiseled. What did you think of Ripped 1000?? Sounds like a fun shopping trip. Bill and I don't do something like that to often either. I keep wanting to t ake the train we have that goes down near Dallas to some outlet stores just for fun. I would spend some money there LOL

Sonya , good workout. I really think none of us need to worry about Thanksgiving calories. Even if we did nothing yesterday:D I have up some Christmas decorations. I need to add to them today.

Last edited:
Diane Sue
Dallys, I looked earlier and no one had checked in so just ignored. I wanted to get my workout in before BIll called me this morning.I don't feel like such a cutie this morning LOL. I really like Jari's Ripped and Chiseled. What did you think of Ripped 1000?? Sounds like a fun shopping trip. Bill and I don't do something like that to often either. I keep wanting to t ake the train we have that goes down near Dallas to some outlet stores just for fun. I would spend some money there LOL

Diane Sue

I like Ripped 1000 too. It kind of builds in intensity the father you get in the workout. Her cardio segments are a lot shorter than what Cathe would do, so maybe it would be good to switch between Cathe's style of a cardio and weights workout and Jari's. Anyway, it's fun to try different instructors once in awhile for variety. I've been doing a lot of that lately and have been having fun. Let me know how you like Traceys yoga DVD.

Sonya- yeah, we had a good time shopping. It so fun to buy stuff isn't it?:cool::cool:

I've got to go to a wedding (dont' want to go, but have too:rolleyes:) so I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Dallys, I just keep the intensity up on the cardio segments of ripped 1000. I have also doubled it up and went back and did it two times. Yeah, it is not as long as something Cathe would do. But I do like the workut. I will let you know about Tracey's Yoga dvd.
I just drug Mudd puppy in the house as there was a cardinal sitting on the hottub and Mudd was running around getting excited. I do not want to pick up a dead cardinal on the doorstep. Mudd doesn't tear them up but somehow catching them kills them:confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Ugh....sore from Gym Style Legs, and oddly enough, sore in my back too. Today I took it easy; I did the warm up and first 15 min of ab work from Tracey's Core strength and conditioning, and then the second stretch segment from Amy's Abs and Stretch. I was in target earlier checking out the kettlebells. If I remember right, Amy posted on her forum that some one who works out regularly should be fine with a 15# kettlebell, but it just seemed so heavy when I was thinking of all the swinging you do with them! I don't know...wish they weren't so expensive!

Hermia, I am just starting out with my kettlebells. I think 15's are great for upper body cleans and snatches. I also think the swings aren't bad with the 15's. It also depends on how fast you are moving I think. I would not want to go too heavy if I were not moving at a slower pace. JMO. I am getting a second 20# kb for Christmas but more for weight training than the swings. Maybe later I will use them for doble swings. 15's are fine. For upper moves overhead as in snatches I almost think that I could use something a little lighter. Form is very important with kettlebells but they are supposed to be good for the joints.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.