Hair Dye and Bleach Question

cricardo

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I've been on the Cathe forum for a few months now, but this is my first venture into the Pregnancy forum- I'm about 2 months along with my first, and I have a couple of questions I can't find a straight answer for.
1. Can I highlight my hair during pregnancy. I'm only 28, but the grey hairs are definitely in there and I must stop them!!!!

2. (This one is embarrassing). I'm a swarthy, dark-haired Portuguese chic. This means that, without the availability of tweezers, facial hair bleach, and wax, I'd have a full-on beard and moustache. Not cool. Can I continue to use hair bleach while I'm pregnant?? Please say yes.

cristina

yes you can! I have two boys and I highlighted my hair during both pregnancies! I am also a hairstylist and have colored many pregnant women's hair safely. I also talked to my doctor about this and they said it was fine!!! Also if you are worried when you highlight the color never even touces the scalp so nothing is being absorbed!! Good luck with your pregnancy!

you can highlight your hair during pregnancy, but my midwife suggested that i wait until the 2nd trimester...

as for the bleach, i would be very wary of that - wait until the 2nd trimester and speak to your practitioner about it first. in the meantime, i would suggest plucking! not a great solution, i know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.