Gym Style vs CTX

kimmijo

Hi Cathe- This is my first time posting on this board, though I read it almost daily--it is such an inspiration! My question has to do with whether the Gym Style series or the CTX series would be better for losing weight and getting toned. My son is eight months old and I am still battling those last 10 pounds (UGH!!!) I have the Intensiy series, the Slow & Heavy series as well as many of your other tapes (MIS, MIC,IMAX2, LOW MAX, POWER HOUR, HC EXTREME, TERMINATOR, STEP BLAST, STEP WORKS, CIRCUIT MAX, CARDIO KICKS) I am wondering if the Gym Style series may just build mass and not make me leaner or lose the 10 pounds and if the CTX series would be a better choice for my goals. My only concern is the short aerobic phase on the CTX series- I thought at least 45 minutes of aerobics is needed to lose weight and that 30 minutes would be to maintain. I also enjoy running (5.0-5.5 mph) 10-15 miles per week. Any advice you can provide me would be very much appreciated--I mean if I could only look half as good as you after having a baby (and you have 2!!!) I would be very happy!!

Thank you-- Kim

Kim:

you should not worry that just because the cardio sections on the CTX series are shorter than most of Cathe's others that they will not be challenging. They may be shorter, but they are very intense. Cathe wastes no time on these in getting your heart rate up very quickly and then keeping it there.

Jillybean, an old timer on these boards, dropped two dress sizes just through doing the CTx series for a while. Ask her about it! She's a famous case!

The CTX series has a variety of cardio styles, and if you need more of blast challenge, you simply do 2 cardio sections back to back, in whatever combination suits you best. I always liked "All Step" followed by "Power Circuit." Do not underestimate the whallop that 2 CTX cardios back to back can deliver!

The series also features one of Cathe's best strength training workouts ever: the upper body split and leaner Legs which, in my view, is still a classic and a must have. It is quick and dirty, highly effective and I still prefer it to most of her other leg workouts. It even has good music, better than the music to the Gym Style legs. The strength training on the CTX series is purely of the endurance type: lighter weight, high reps

The Hardcore series will also help you lose weight and build some lean muscle. It also offers a variety of cardio styles, including Cathe's first low impact interval workout, which is a lot of fun and effective lower shaping. The strength training is less endurance based, since Cathe uses heavier weights with slower reps and also light weights with slow pulse counts. And the band of course, for that extra burn.

Quite honestly, I fail to see how anyone could not ramp up their fitness level and lose fat while building lean muscle tissue with either of these series. They are both "must haves." Buy one, and when you can afford it, buy the other! Really.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.