Green Smoothie Girl

ATC1986

Cathlete
Does anyone make green smoothies like the ones from GSG? What differences have you noticed since starting to consume green smoothies?

Hey Green Smoothie Girl!,

(Not a regular on here but do read the forums from time to time; They help me answer a bunch of questions without having to ask too much!) So hope you don't mind an answer from an irregular user.

When I was drinking them I can say I definitely noticed an increase in energy... not the spike like from caffeine but more gradual.

They seem to help me keep full and I had less afternoon fatigue..

I think my body started to get used to them so I have backed off for a while but will restart again.

Mine consisted of Kale, Spinach, Avocado, apple, a little water /ice and sometimes a little sweetener.

Hope you enjoy yours and notice a difference:)

I love green smoothies because they are a delicious way of incorporating more greens into your day. :) I don't have green smoothies everyday, but I do enjoy them several times per week. One of the keys to making a delicious green smoothie -- well, two key points actually -- you do need to use a high-powered blender and frozen fruit (mixed w/some fresh if you'd like) to create the best taste and texture. Check to see if there are any Vitamix road shows near you so that you could sample some. ;)

Greens--spinach, kale etc--cucumber, a squeeze of lemon, maybe a tiny piece of ginger, an apple and or pear, and some nuts. Add water. Maybe a piece of banana for creaminess. W I use a NutriBullet. I rarely use frozen fruit because I don't like drinks that are really cold.

I did spinach, 1/2 stalk of celery, 1/2 lime juice, little bit of fresh parsley, and either frozen berries or peaches or some banana, coconut milk (just enough to get it going.) Sometimes I add a little frozen oj for sweetness. I don't do sweeteners, I find they plump me:eek: You can just change out the fruit or milk or greens. I like the lime, it offsets the celery. You can also add a little peeled cucumber.

How I feel? More regular;) And, more clear without any nasty side effects or indigestion like coffee, also it won't yellow your teeth:D

I just use my Magic Bullet. No muss. Its great after a workout and you can also eat something with it too if you want more breakfast.

I don't add ice, I find it is too cold and I get brain freeze.

I do feel better when I'm incorporating green smoothies in my diet- like I do if I'm eating a a mostly whole foods plant based diet. But the smoothies make it easier to include lots of greens and odd stuff like ginger and tumeric and garlic.
I'd never heard of Green Smoothie Girl so I checked her out. She has a lot of stuff to sell but I didn't notice many recipes for free. I recently started looking at blenderbabes as a source for some ideas for combinations. They have recipes from Dr Oz, Furhman, etc, too.
This morning I just had spinach, red cabbage, grannysmith apple, chunk of ginger, tumeric and almond milk and ice. It was black, not green but tasted like a refreshing ginger ale. I try not to use too many servings of fruit in my smoothies, too.
Cabbage, strawberries and coconut milk are on my list to try. Have fun. They don't all taste yummy. ha ha, I thought I had a delicious combo and got my dtr to try it, she spit it out and still hasn't forgiven me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.