Gotta love an "easy" workout...what's yours?

banslug

Cathlete
I was just thinking that I'd like to see everybody's opinions on this.

I just got done with my workout for the day. I put in 6 miles (all running) on the treadmill. I felt really good and could have done more, but I also had lower body weights to tack on. I remember a few months back when I would have been happy with being able to do 3! Now, 6 seems to be the magic number and that's slowly starting to feel too short a distance for me.

What about you guys? Is there a workout (video or otherwise) that used to be hard but is now becoming one of your 'easier' workouts?

For me, besides the running, I have to say that the all-step workouts (like Step Fit, Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, etc) are also earning their way to the list of workouts that used to be too much for the body to handle.

Gayle

RE: Gotta love an

Yes, doesn't it feel great when a 5 or 6 mile run is an "easy" day?:)

I'm also with you on RS and SB being "easier". I also find that with KPC.

Of course, compared with the non-Cathe workouts that are languishing on my shelf, they still kick butt:)

oh my. cathe & easy. what's that? :p

I hate to say KPC by itself, maybe a tad, but I love adding on sections from thi to other high intensity workouts. I think the Terminator disc is starting to feel slightly easier (and boy, is easier a relative term, folks) only because HCEx drags me through the dirt, but they are all really valuable good workouts for mix n' match or lighter days or whatever.

Now I'm scared Cathe is gonna go to rehearsal and make the new discs give us all instant heart failure...and I bet all the workouts listed above are now going to put me face down in my carpet ;)

ETA - I guess I just talked about Cathe here. I guess running is getting a bit easier, too. Yay for endurance. MWAH CATHE!

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

believe it or not yoga was a toughie for me. bryan kest's were actually a dread factor for a long time but i kept working up to it. i am in the beginning stages of more advanced yoga poses like headstands and crow poses, where my core and upper body strength need to come into play to hold the poses. but i can faintly remember when i wasn't able to hold downward dog for more then 10 seconds.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Gayle, I'm with you on the all-step workouts too. In fact I gave away my my Cardio Classics 'cause I felt like taking a snooze the first several minutes. It really helps to do mish-moshes or add-ons for me. I'm glad most of them are so mish-mosh friendly.

Marla

I agree about KPC. Also pretty much any Tae-Bo. Does anyone else find it difficult to find challenging cardio in general?

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

When I am lying in bed and the alarm goes off at 4:45 AM, I sometimes whack the alarm and say in protest, "today, I will take a day OFF!". Then, I lay there, thinking, thinking, thinking....I must work out, and I'll feel better when it's finished (or usually, as soon as I get the shoes on). When I have these days, I coax myself out of bed with the promise of the easy workout; on cardio days, that's a 4.5 mile walk for an hour at an interval incline of 10 every two minutes. I still end up getting a great workout but I feel like it's an easy one. Sometimes the easiest workouts are the ones that are just so much fun. I am very new to step aerobics so I love learning the new routines!

I can't honestly call any of my Cathe workouts easy, but I am happy to say they are easier than they once were. Of course, that means adding more weight, jumping higher, etc.

I agree with Robin that none of my Cathe workouts are actually "easy". When I have to workout but have had a rough night (or am sore or whatever) I pull out IMax 2 simply because it's so much fun that I forget that I'm in pain. Or I'll do KPC the whole way through (I usually mix it with the blasts from KM and the drills from CK) because it has a nice long warm up. C&W is in the "easier" category too - another good one for a not-full-strength day.

Yes, a lot of my Cathe workouts are becoming much easier. I do Step Blast or KPC and feel worked out but not tired now, instead of flat-out whipped. I even felt that way yesterday with Imax 2. I just have to keep telling myself that I am still getting an excellent, advanced, kick-butt workout, and that it must be working because I am in better shape now than I was a year ago, for sure.

So what can we do about it? Pretty soon some of you people will be calling a climb to the top of Everest easy!!! I'd just love to do an hour and a half or two of straight cardio, but I don't have the time. Sigh.

I agree with Robin too - I don't own a Cathe workout that I consider to be easy (and no, I don't own them all!) Some are, well, less intense than others of course.

I will say this. I own 10 of the Competition Level Spinervals. They completely and totally hand me my a$$ every time I do them. If I EVER consider one of them to be anything resembling easy I will truly be an olympic level athlete. In my opinion, you can "cheat" your way through any workout - be it on a cardio machine, weight work or step/aerobics videos. However, I do my workouts like there is no tomorrow and I usually end up wondering if there will be when I am done Spinning with Coach Troy!:eek:

Easiest workout? That would be the following...

10 sets of 500 push ups
High airjacks for 20 minutes straight no break
700 jumping jacks

Just joking

Taking a 30 minute walk :)

OK! Are you all making fun of me now??? LOL

I agree, though, that nothing by Cathe is easy, just EASIER than it HAD BEEN.

Spinervals! That's right! I have one of those and should do it again soon to remind me of it!

Gayle

For me, some workouts feel easier on certain days, but then on other days they still kick my butt. I've had really great workout days when I've done one of the Terminators or the Hardcores and they feel really do-able and I end feeling like I could do more. But other days those same workouts just knock me out. It all depends on the day for me.

Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.