Gotta ask about cellulite

thirty11

Cathlete
Any idea how I can reduce the cellulite on the backs of my thighs?

I hydrate frequently, eat clean, use my Cathe videos faithfully, "fake" tan religiously (as I believe a tan covers a multitude of sins), but still . . . ugh :-/

anyone else spend the summer in capri pants?

Anna

This is the same question I brought up about a few weeks ago. Can't find the thread though, but the only help would be....

keep working out your lower body and don't give up
drink your green tea
eat your pineapple and continue eating clean in general
watch your sodium intake
drink lots of water

I am right there with you.

Charlotte~~

Oxygen magazine also recommends no caffeine or alchohol. They said the toxins associated with both will stay in the fat cells, even if you flush your system.

That must be the reason, i have suddenly developed cellulite! Otherwise, I am being punished for having a few laughs over hail damage!!!!!!!!!!!

Marla:-(

The only thing that helps my thighs are leg press with a few dumbells.
Its the only thing that works for me.
Hope this helps

>anyone else spend the summer in capri pants?

I do. I've had cellulite since I was a teen. Regular exercise and clean eating have helped its APPEARANCE but it is still there and I don't expect it to go away completely. I hate to mouth the word "genetic" since I'm not supposed to blame my genes for my looks, but my mom has it, her sisters have it, and I have it.

Thank goodness for capri pants. Shorts nowadays are so short and cut so low. I don't want to display the top of my underpants while walking around then show off my butt when putting my son in the car seat.

Pinky

A large percentage of women have some amount of cellulite!

I have it too. I have had it since my late teens. It drives me crazy! Maybe it's genetic ;-) (wink, wink at you Pinky)

Cutting your overall bodyfat percentage helps. I have found a lotion that I like, simply because it makes my legs feel "lighter", but it also claims to reduce the appearance of cellulite. I dunno if that's the case for sure, but I use it anyway :) (Shiseido's Body Creator Aromatic GEL -- don't let them try to sell you the LOTION or the BATH ESSENCE). Endermologie treatments make it look better for a little while but are very expensive.

I don't wear shorts very often either for the same reasons Pinky noted. Funny story, though, last July 4th I wore some pretty short jean shorts (no bootie hanging out or anything) to a fireworks display. Afterward my friend and I went to a grocery store to pick up some dinner. While we were standing in line -- I heard a camara click behind me. I think the guy on the camera phone in line behind me took a picture of my rear! So there could be a picture of my cellulite-ridden thighs out there somewhere!!! AGGGG!!!

Shonie

Shonie!!!! If you dare speak of any "imagined cellulite" anywhere on your body, I shall proceed to drive over to The Colony or wherever else the heck you live & beat you over the head. Is that clear?!!!! The only freakin' cellulite you have is on your brain!

By the way, when are you getting airline tickets?

Marla:p

Agree you can make it better but seems it is heridetary and you really can't make it go all away.

It's taken years to realize that... and yes another fan of capri pants - may they NEVER go out of style :)

Work hard, eat well, and enjoy life! I've been working for 2+ years on mine and it IS better, but dang it, it's still there. I've had it since I was 16. If only it wasn't the worse on my inner thighs x( . But anyway I have come to grips w/it, wear shorts when I want, and capris when I want to hide. I mean I was a size 4, 15 weeks ago LOL, and in the best shape of my life due to Cathe and hard work. I think that is worth celebrating - not the fact I can't look like a magazine model. After this baby I have my whole life to get my thighs stronger and smaller, as this is our last child, SO I intend to celebrate that! Now to keep myself from eating bad the next 25 weeks!

Hey Miss Marla --

It is NOT "imagined" and I'll show anyone my dimpled ass to prove it :) And I don't live in "The Colony" (hey...doesn't that sound like a cult or something)...I am moving to "Flower Mound". Ah...a mound of flowers...sounds relaxing. I live in Coppell now (hmmm...nothing interesting about that name).

You ARE right about the "cellulite" on the brain. I do have a pretty fat head. Oops...no, it's just big hair. Texas has finally assimilated me. I walk around saying "ya'll, all ya'll, fixin' ta, etc" while wearing my cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and big, teased, Aqua-Net hairdo!

Hmmm...airline tickets. I've been taking a crack at "Marla's Book Of How To Have a Simpler Life" --- and have been procrastinating that whole deal ;-0 Haven't given it a single thought until today :) So when are YOU getting tickets? I was hoping I'd check the AA website and find a FANTASTIC deal to Philly sometime soon. If I haven't found anything by June 15 -- I'll just book whatever is available then. I also need to call them about how on earth to use my voucher.

Shonie

Hold it! Hold it! Back up the freakin' train! If caffeine is bad for cellulite, why is green tea good for cellulite?

I am in panic mode, here...Tom Venuto has me doing a coffee shot first thing in the a.m. so that I can get on the treadmill before breakfast. I was off coffee for a long time!

Has anyone read the Perricone Presciption? Okay, I have not fallen for all the supplementation and skin care stuff he sells but I have tried the diet to see if my skin would indeed glow. Nicholas Perricone is the doctor who has a 3 day intensive diet FOR your skin. He has been around for many years or thats how long I've known about him but just became popular on Oprah last year. It has all wild salmon, canteloupe, berries, apples, sliced turkey, egg whites, oatmeal, nuts and veggies every day (for the 3 days) which I've done on occasion. Its actually a great diet. I feel good after 3 days because I feel cleansed and I get enough carbs from the oatmeal in 3 days to keep me going. And I believe my skin does look better. Although I must say 2 lbs of salmon in 3 days does get expensive as wild (pacific or alaskan salmon) is pricey here on the East coast. Anyhow..... the point was he eliminates caffeine and adds green tea. He says in his book "coffee raises your body's levels of cortisol—one of the stress hormones. Cortisol is essential for maintaining homeostasis during acute forms of stress, like fear, physical trauma, and extreme physical exertion. But a problem arises when cortisol is present for long periods of time and in excess quantities......Green tea contains polyphenols, one of nature's strongest natural antioxidants.....Studies have shown that green tea can also boost weigth loss in 2 ways 1) decrease the absorption of fats; and 2) Increase calorie-burning mechnism. Theonine, another substance found in green tea, blocks the negeticve effects of caffeine while acting as a natural mood elevator." So I think he is saying its something else in the coffee not the caffeine that is causing the problem as the good effects of green tea outway its caffeine content.
!!!!! With all that being said I have in the past few years given up caffeine, the most I've gone is a week. And hell it was torture. I don't know about you but I seem to feel and look just fine with it and this 3 day diet did just fine with my coffee so I think you can stay with your coffee and add some green tea for its benefits. I try and drink at least 1-2 cups a day...........AFTER my morning coffee, LOL
Skye:7

Sarah,

The article in Oxygen stated that caffeine and alcohol contain toxins. The toxins will gather in the fat cells thereby enlarging them and that contributes to the appearance of cellulite.

I was wondering the same thing myself about the caffeine in green tea. I know they sell decaf green tea but I've never had it.

Hey Candi, I have both the Decaf and Caf green teas at home, I use the decaf if I have a cup before bedtime. It tastes exactly the same. Its worth geting a box to have around for nighttime.
Skye

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.