Good Prenatal (& beyond) Exercise Book

wastewitch

Cathlete
So I was looking for some good books/videos to modify exercises for the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. I didn't find much until I came across the Women's Health Magazine Big Book of Exercises. It's great! Now if I'm doing a Cathe DVD and there is an ab exercise done lying on your back, or something else where "the bump" gets in the way, I can open up the book and find one of many substitutions. Bonus - there is a prenatal workout that covers all 9 months in the back of the book! It's really the best I've found, better even than some pregnancy-specific exercise books.

I hope this is helpful for some of you. This is my first pregnancy and, while I was able to work out with relatively few modifications through last month, I'm having to modify now and was really struggling to find good ab/back exercises.

Thanks Wastewitch! That sounds like a great book. Man, I wish I had heard about it a few months ago as I am 36 weeks now. Abs have been a real challenge as I do mostly moves that are on all fours or standing up. I know it's important to keep them toned and also helps with lower back pain. I think there are a lot of lurkers here who will find this post most helpful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.