Good deal? Found these weights on craigslist

I say go for it. You're getting an olympic bar, a bench and plates. You can always buy more plates, as your strength increases. Bench press, rows, deadlifts right there. A new olympic bar (Rogue) is around $300. If you have the room, oh yea. I bought my first olympic bars from Craigs List. You can get quality equipment from people that are downsizing. A definite yes!

I say go for it. You're getting an olympic bar, a bench and plates. You can always buy more plates, as your strength increases. Bench press, rows, deadlifts right there. A new olympic bar (Rogue) is around $300. If you have the room, oh yea. I bought my first olympic bars from Craigs List. You can get quality equipment from people that are downsizing. A definite yes!
Thank you for your reply. I just picked it up. It’s super sturdy!

TAKE IT before it's gone!!! I have search alerts and get all my workout gear from Craigslist!! Recycling only makes sense as we do sometimes outgrow out weights etc.
I gave away some of my weights (downsizing and moving) in January and the recipient's joy of getting free fitness gear was pretty awesome!

It wasn’t an Olympic bar. It was 15 lbs, but for that, 90lbs weights and bench, I feel I got a good deal. Plus it got my dh interested in weights again. I just started STS yesterday, so I think this will help tremendously!
I agree, reusing/recycling is the way to go! The man selling it is elderly, still exercises, but he can’t lift heavy anymore.

Perhaps this will sound stupid and unreasonable, but I don’t understand why a huge number of people spend money on any trash. Seriously, you can find a lot of unnecessary crap on big craiglists for a lot of money. Most people are shopaholics and it is because of this that the craiglist company makes such awesome profits and has become so popular. If you read the history of the company and how does craigslist make money, then you will understand a lot of interesting facts. Nevertheless, on the craiglist you can find many interesting things and there is tremendous benefit from this site.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.