Go Tigers!

Tigers Rock! I grew up in metro Detroit and still have plenty of friends and family in the area. My Dad was recruited to play for Toledo right out of high school.
Thanks for posting this.

I am a diehard Yankee fan! That being said, I think the Tigers are a very classy organization. Their manager is a class act!

I was born in Detroit and raised in the suburbs (relocated 18 years ago)...my whole family is still in Michigan and I am so happy they get to enjoy this! One of my nieces and 2 of my nephews were there last night; they were 3 rows back from the field on the first base side! What an experience for those young folks!
(I was able to experience the Tigers going all the way in 1968 and in 1984....hope it happens again for them!:eek:)

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm everybody! It's all over the news here in Michigan...folks are very excited (okay, duh, of course they're excited, it's just that we've had a few very hard/lean years and this is the first time in a while Michigan seems/feels like its old self). They're even showing Tuesday's Presidential debate on tape delay so people can see the game live...I am not kidding you! (Uh, I'll be watching the debate on another channel!)

And of course, there's the matter of that little football game this weekend...I know you Michiganders know what I'm talking about. No matter which team wins, we all win, right? Doesn't mean I don't have my favorite, though! ;-)

Congrats to the Tigers! I'm a Cardinals fan (I live in the burbs), so I'm hoping the Cards will finish off the Giants tomorrow night and make it to the World Series! Maybe we can have a friendly bet going on - like winner has loser do 100 pushups :)
Paula

paulababy said:
Congrats to the Tigers! I'm a Cardinals fan (I live in the burbs), so I'm hoping the Cards will finish off the Giants tomorrow night and make it to the World Series! Maybe we can have a friendly bet going on - like winner has loser do 100 pushups :)
Paula

Paulababy-

Sounds good to me, except being Cathletes, we could never see push-ups as a bad thing, right?

JT said:
Trixoo, the iconic MSU vs University of Michigan. Great day for it.

It is a great fall football day!

FYI, my friends would find it hilarious that I've started this thread, since I'm notorious amongst those who know me as being a sports idiot. My best friend does a good job of keeping me up to date enough that I don't embarrass myself too often, although I've pulled off some real howlers in my lifetime. Anyway, even I can enjoy the excitement of these two fun events. :)

Trixoo, the iconic MSU vs University of Michigan. Great day for it.

Go BLUE!!!!!!

I grew up in and spent the majority of my life in Michigan. I lived in the city for several years but most of my life was spent in the northern burbs with literally "ski country" and outdoor concerts in my backyard; I lived a .5 mile from it for those that know what I'm talking about. We sadly moved out of state 2.5 yrs ago but am thankfully moving back in a couple of years. No matter how much I love Michigan, I however will never be a Lions Fan. :D

My husband went to the World Series in 2006 when the Tigers were last in it. He took his elderly father with him. His dad spent most of his 84 yrs in New York, but was a Tigers fan since childhood. Now that his dad is gone, it's one of the best memories he has of his dad. We had just started dating at that point and my husband, then boyfriend, called me up super excited about how he scored series tickets for that night and began discussing the plans with me only to tell me 10 minutes later I wasn't going, instead his dad was. I was a little jealous, but knowing now the course of events to come, I am very glad his dad went. He died a year ago from complications of Dementia and that was one of the last times his dad was able to relate and walk down memory lane without confusion, before the dementia completely changed him. Long and the short, very good memories all around.

I can't wait to come back home and stay home.

mrsprincess07 said:
Go BLUE!!!!!!

I grew up in and spent the majority of my life in Michigan. I lived in the city for several years but most of my life was spent in the northern burbs with literally "ski country" and outdoor concerts in my backyard; I lived a .5 mile from it for those that know what I'm talking about. We sadly moved out of state 2.5 yrs ago but am thankfully moving back in a couple of years. No matter how much I love Michigan, I however will never be a Lions Fan. :D

My husband went to the World Series in 2006 when the Tigers were last in it. He took his elderly father with him. His dad spent most of his 84 yrs in New York, but was a Tigers fan since childhood. Now that his dad is gone, it's one of the best memories he has of his dad. We had just started dating at that point and my husband, then boyfriend, called me up super excited about how he scored series tickets for that night and began discussing the plans with me only to tell me 10 minutes later I wasn't going, instead his dad was. I was a little jealous, but knowing now the course of events to come, I am very glad his dad went. He died a year ago from complications of Dementia and that was one of the last times his dad was able to relate and walk down memory lane without confusion, before the dementia completely changed him. Long and the short, very good memories all around.

I can't wait to come back home and stay home.

We'll welcome you back with open arms mrsprincess....especially since you're a UM fan. ;-) Thanks for sharing your story...funny how you never know which day will turn out to be one of your best. So glad your husband has that memory with his dad.

(FYI, your name got autocorrected to "Mars Princess"....gave me a laugh)

Mrsprincess07, great story. Your FIL had it right.
Many baseball movies were filmed at the old Tiger stadium. Lucille Ball grew up in Trenton.

Well, looks like it will be the Tigers v. the Giants. Sorry Cardinals fans.

As not really a sports person, I find it amazing that in the last two decades (yes, decades), I've only been in two pro baseball stadiums, and both visits were this year. One was Comerica Park (home of the Tigers) and the other was AT&T Park (home of the Giants). What were the chances of that?

The Giants have great garlic fries, by the way.

Since my Cardinals are out of it, I'm officially rooting for the Tigers to beat the pants off the Giants (sorry SF fans)! It's only fair that Detroit wins this time since the Cards beat them last time around :D!
Paula

I packed our hospital bag and diaper bag this weekend and put in a tigers snuggly blanket for baby. Now it's just waiting to see if she'll be here during or after the series. But just in case, we're prepped to show our home team support.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.