Gin Miller/Karen Voight

Jody S

I started exercising about 8 years ago with Karen Voight's Energy Sprint and Gin Miller's Reebok tapes. Then I found Cathe and loved her. She is the best and I have most of her tapes. I noticed that Karen and Gin came out with new videos and was wondering if anyone else does them and likes them? The new tapes were KV Cardio and Strength, GM Simply Circuit, Simply Endurance, and Simply Strength.
Thanks for any input.

Hi

I actually like GM Symply Strength a lot. A friend borrowed it a while ago, and I do miss it. I've just bought KV Circuit DVD and it is good. I also have the Weigted Workout (?) from her and that's good too.
Just MHO...

I love Simply Endurance. It is totally different - a little slower, but there are no breaks and she really works you out. Love these things called "skaters" - she has you lean over the step with 2 small weights standing up like little poles with your hands on them, then you are doing a skate back move. Deep in the glute muscle....there is screaming by the end! She also has you suspend in the middle of push ups and that is quite a chest workout. I am a huge Gin Miller fan.

I just love her DVDs. This one is a little strange because it is a voice over and she just smiles the whole time.

Simply Circuit is also a lot of fun - again, very different from Cathe - a lot of football running and stuff like that!

Hope this helps - they are well worth it. The one I like least is Simply Strenth but I think it is because I have the others on DVD and I don't use it as much.
Melissa

I have the Voight Cardio & Strength and it's quite dusty. Her weight selection is bizarre. As I recall KV uses the same weight for tricep work as chest. One could adjust, but I'm not a fan of pausing & rewinding. I don't mind high rep/lt weight work like "Firm Arms.." & "Lean Leg.." but this workout does not flow. The cardio was ok. Voight's workout w/ Elle, "Personal Best" is actually a more effective circuit workout (IMO). The cardio is a lot more fun.

The ball workout that came out at the same time was more fun than effective. Literally, you sit on your stability ball and bounce. There's more to it than that & Voight always does killer ab work, but there are better options.

On the other hand, I enjoy Voight's yoga inspired workouts. More for stretching & core strength than for the "toning" benefits.

I recommend her pilates workouts for people that need a bit zippier twist on pilates even though I prefer old school pilates.

It really looks like Voight is enjoying yoga & pilates a lot more than traditional workouts. Her new DVD's that focus on yoga & pilates are organized into shorter workouts & are good buys.

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.