Gift for baby dedication?

cricardo

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine at work is a seventh day adventist and she's having a baby dedication for her almost 3 month old at her church. does anyone know if it's appropriate to give a gift? She and her husband are the only sda i know and quite honestly i don't want to ask her if i should buy her son a gift- seems tacky and like i'm putting her on the spot. besides, she's so nice and sweet that even if it is customary to give a gift for a dedication, she would absolutely NEVER say so. its not a baptism- they don't baptize until the child is old enough to decide for themselves. also, what kind of gift should i get? their religion is really conservative. any advice would be greatly appreciated,

thanks,
cristina

Hi Cristina, I would be inclined to bring a gift as well. The gift that was given to my children as infants that is most cherished is the 'Royal Doulton, Bunnykins' set. Although my kids are now 18, 16 and 13 they still call out 'I DIBS THE BUNNY BOWL' when we are having a meal that requires bowls. Cracks me right up!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.