Getting results.... wish I knew from what!!

dmerz

Cathlete
So I've had no less than 5 people comment over the summer how great my arms look! So I think I should keep up what I've been doing..... if only I knew what! In the past few months I've not stuck to a single monthly rotation or program but have been doing "whatever I feel like"! I've done some older Cathe workouts from the OnDemand service, most of the Cathe Live workouts with a little bit of Xtrain, HIIT and Step workouts thrown in to mix it up. I shoot for 2 days of full body lifting, two days of Hiit, two of cardio (either step or kickbox) and one day of "just because I like this workout" So I guess I'll keep going! Looking forward to Ripped w/ HiiT. I'm going to make myself stick to that one for a full rotation (whatever Cathe suggests with the new release!)

Me too Beth b fit! Love hearing the way they feel and what they did! Makes me want so much to keep up my workouts and it is motivating and just fun! Makes me feel good when others feel good.. So dmerz how do you like the RWH and has it kicked it up a knotch? More results??

So I've had no less than 5 people comment over the summer how great my arms look! So I think I should keep up what I've been doing..... if only I knew what! In the past few months I've not stuck to a single monthly rotation or program but have been doing "whatever I feel like"! I've done some older Cathe workouts from the OnDemand service, most of the Cathe Live workouts with a little bit of Xtrain, HIIT and Step workouts thrown in to mix it up. I shoot for 2 days of full body lifting, two days of Hiit, two of cardio (either step or kickbox) and one day of "just because I like this workout" So I guess I'll keep going! Looking forward to Ripped w/ HiiT. I'm going to make myself stick to that one for a full rotation (whatever Cathe suggests with the new release!)

I think it's the whole philosophy Cathe believes in that is the secret of your success- variety! You keep your body guessing. :) I firmly believe in muscle confusion. I am completely and utterly anti-rotation, for myself. Not because I think they're innately ineffective or bad- quite the opposite. I just hate knowing I "have" to do something. I don't like structure to that degree. I have a goal to move every morning for about an hour (maybe more if I have time) and mostly, to enjoy what I do. Not that the workout is easy, but life is too short to do workouts that don't leave us feeling good and having some fun in the process. I prefer to go by what my body is telling me that day, put in an appropriate DVD or On Demand workout, and give it my all. I always know when I need to give a body part some rest, or when I've slacked off on it a bit too much and need a shove.

I just try to focus on hitting every body part nicely at least once a week with heavier weights and some movements from different angles, a higher-rep weights+cardio workout that's more total body-focused once or twice a week, and completing three solid cardio routines a week. I also add more stretching, an extra core routine or floorwork in if I need it. Sometimes I'll grab a Dyna-band or resistance tube and do a few sets when I need an afternoon/evening pick-me-up, but that's more to increase energy or take a fitness-based break from studying. I enjoy it. It all adds up!

Did you end up doing the RWH rotation?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.