Getting out of the Rut Thursday

slwitt

Cathlete
I thought I would check in with you guys. I went to the doctor yesterday so I officially have bronchitis. So working out needless to say has not been at the top of my list. However, I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 3 lbs!! I have been eating pretty well, haven't been snacking as much. Who knew that getting kids and bronchitis would be the magic key to weight loss! I can't say that I would recommend this method, the bronchitis part has not been fun!

I am hanging in there. I am hoping that after next week is over I can get back into working out. Next week I have to take the kids to a bunch of doctors appointments. So I figure by the following week I can start my workouts again. I have to admit I really do miss them!

Slwitt - take care with bronchitis. How are the kids ?

I did not workout yesterday. I've had some sort of stomach upset for the past few days. I'm eating bananas, bread and drinking coke. Must have eaten a ton of bread because my scale did not move lately.

I'm really impressed with the yoga workouts and the other workouts eveyone does. I cannot do that much of a workout. Y'all must be young !

Happy Thursday Rutters

I got in Imax2 this morning. It felt really good. My chest is screaming from yesterday. I guess that's a good thing...darn drop set pushups.

Slwitt, holy crow, feel better. Take it easy and you'll be back at it in no time.

Imfiddy, I hope you feel better too. Stick with the bland stuff.

Robin...1 more workout 'till vacation!! your trip sounds fantastic.

Hey Jodi, Cheryl, Dixiedog, Wendy, Lisa, Sammy and anyone I missed. Have an excellent and virtually rutless day.

The kids are doing pretty well for the most part. They have definitely been testing us, however, they have not been successful because my husband and I are in constant communication. For the most part they are really good kids.

I think why I'm still sick is because I haven't been getting the rest I need. So that has been hard. My husband did the bedtime routine last night so I was able to get to bed sooner. I am taking off work tomorrow so I can sleep in. I think that will help and hopefully I will feel better by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning All,

I truly feel like I am actually getting out of the rut!! Got up as planned did CCC (man, that one's hard) got the kids off to school, went for my 5mile walk w/neighbor. Although, if she didn't want to go on the walk I would have stayed here and cleaned up this place we call home.:eek:

Slwitt- Good luck on getting rest and feeling better. I still don't feel like I've caught up on my sleep since I left the hospital after having my first one 8yrs ago. lol

Melissa- lol at all those push ups! I'm in meso 1 and they never end! My tris are screaming today from the side-lying tricep push ups yesterday.

I've been a good girl with my calorie counting. I don't know why I ever get off track. Everything feels so much better when eating is going well. Seems so simple....:confused:

Slwitt - take care with bronchitis. How are the kids ?

I did not workout yesterday. I've had some sort of stomach upset for the past few days. I'm eating bananas, bread and drinking coke. Must have eaten a ton of bread because my scale did not move lately.

I'm really impressed with the yoga workouts and the other workouts eveyone does. I cannot do that much of a workout. Y'all must be young !

Hey Fiddy,
I will be 38 this year and somedays it feels like an uphill battle all-the-way! I don't think I could handle half the amount of tennis that you do. That's hard work!!
Side note.. I was thinking of you because our local rec center offers tennis lessons and I may sign my kids up. They start teaching them as young a 4yrs old.

I am really in a great mood today. 3 days of good eating down and day 4 is looking really good! I definitely feel less bloated today.:D:D:D:D

Down side is my kids have shared their cold with me and it looks as though I will have to put Insanity on hold for a few days.:(:(:( I did however manage to to do the Cardio Recovery this morning.

Now if you will excuse me, I think my head is going to explode.....

Oh, bright note- I am going to see my neice star in the high school play tonight! It's Beauty and the Beast.

Hi everyone. I'm afraid I don't have time for personals right now. I just finished CCC and need a shower. DH is taking me out to dinner. I'm officially on vacation, even though we don't get to MX until Sunday. I don't have to go back to work until the 16th.

Robin - Have a GREAT vacation !!!!

I played my tennis match tonight. My stomach was better today so I was able to eat something for energy. I was playing a very young lady who teaches phys-ed, probably 1/2 my age. She could run !

I was very happy that I was moving my feet in this match. I was breathing so heavy that I had to remember to control my breathing as I do with Cardio Coach. I lost but I am very proud to have taken 4 games each set. She said I was a good player also. That was nice. So after a shower I am putting my old bones to bed. I did good.

Hi all, no workout for me today. Too crazy busy. So much going on here right now. Tomorrow should be full of errands, but I should be able to get a workout in. Legs are sore from yesterday's 30/30, which surprised me. I musta worked pretty hard! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.