Getting Back in the Game ~ FRIDAY 3/27

purple_magada

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! I thought I’d start the thread today.

Jodi ~ enjoy bootcamp today! I really envy you – you get your workout done and out of the way and I’ve got my workout on my “to do” list for tonight.

Diane ~ did you get up and get in an a.m. workout today?

Robin ~ I’m coming to your house for dinner. Your dinners always sound so yummy!

Mary ~ what are you up to today?

I’ve gotta tell you guys, I did STS #14 last night and it is my favorite lower body workout (so far) from the series. It was tough but it flew by. I think that I need to buy a heavier dumbbell though. The heaviest that I have is 30lb which I used for the plie (spelling???) squats and it felt way to light. Do you think I should buy a 40?

What are you all up to this weekend? My husband drag races and my son (who is almost 8) is going to start this season. My husband is going to the track today and he may call me tonight to bring my son over. They are also planning on going there tomorrow if it isn’t raining. Gabe has never raced before and the track owner is super nice and going to let him try out his car before the season starts. On Sunday my husband is also taking the boys down to his cousin’s house b/c they are making maple syrup. So I should have a nice quiet weekend planned. We’ll see though – you know how plans are subject to change.

Have a great FRIDAY ladies. TGIF and not MONDAY. (Mary :p)

Howdy strangers!!!

I know, I know -- I haven't been by here in ages. You guys just have to bear with me. I've been in a bit of a funk. I have my good days and bad days and I just haven't felt up to socializing. ;)

I have been very good about my workouts, except that I keep forgetting to do abs :eek:. I almost wish abs were included in the daily workouts instead of on a separate disc because then I'd be sure to do them.

I'm so glad I preordered STS. I LOVE It!! If I can clean up my diet a little bit I know I'll see excellent results from it. I've been eating clean as far as my meals go... but I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar! Well, in my case it's not cookies, it's Reese's PB Eggs and cake. Every spring leading up to Easter the neighborhood grocery store makes these little individual egg shaped cakes and they are TO.DIE.FOR!! It seems every time I go to the grocery store I'm putting a cake or a PB Egg in my cart. :mad:

So what are the rest of you up to!?

I'll try to be better about checking in, but don't take it personal if I don't. Like I said - I'm just going through some stuff, and my absence is not a reflection of my feelings for you guys. You're the best, really!! *MWAH*

I had a long message and then accidently closed the window...

Michele - Great to hear from you. I hope you are able to get out of your funk soon. I know it is hard when you are in it, but I will be thinking about you. I'm glad you like STS so much. Y'all are making me want to buy it! I keep telling myself I am not allowed to buy it until I have used all the videos I already have. I haven't done some of the Hardcore series all the way through still! and those Reese eggs are the BEST. I think they are way better than the original cup - more pb!

Dana - Drag racing?!? Sounds exciting. I'm sure Gabe is excited to start.

Robin - I am coming over too, so make a few extra servings for me and Dana.

I didn't even set my alarm to get up to workout this morning b/c I stayed up past 1 am last night! I am so tired and sluggish this morning. DH and I got in a heated debate about something. Both of us being lawyers, we tend to not let something go and have to keep arguing our point. Not a good quality. So we talked for about 2 hours about something that could have been resolved in 5 min if we hadn't been so stubborn.

I don't think I am going to have time to work out today. Friday is the day we eat out - margaritas and Mexican food! Then Saturday we are going to a HUGE wedding with two of my co-workers (bride and groom are both lawyers at my firm). It is a huge wedding, estimated 800 people going to be there, so I think literally 200 or so of the attorneys in my office are going to be there. So won't be that fun actually, it will probably seem like a work event. But at least will be a night out solo without Ella.

Hi everyone! Boot camp class is done for the day! He actually reserved a gym for us today, so we didn't have to get all wet and muddy. That was nice, but it felt much warmer in there than outside. So it was a mixed blessing. It was still a good class, though. Lots more pushups...I can feel my pushup strength coming back, but I wish my wrist didn't hurt so much when I do them. I'm going to call the orthopedist and ask some more details about having the cyst removed, like what kind of anesthesia, how long for the recovery, etc. Between the boot camp class, wanting to start STS, and then the Road trip later in the summer, I'm not sure when would be a good time to schedule it. At least it doesn't bother me most of the time...only when putting weight on it.

No exciting plans for the weekend. Older daughter really wants to see Monsters vs. Aliens, so we'll probably go do that. It is rare for her to be this excited about a movie. We thought DH was going to have to do some work stuff, but it got canceled...yay!

Michele, good to see you back! I have also been TRYING to eat better, but for me the problem has been girl scout cookies! Too many in the house! (I am going to continue to avoid the Reese's eggs! What I don't know won't hurt me!) Hope things come together for you, and high fives on STS!!

Dana, high fives to you on STS also! I guess if the 30s are too light, it's time to move up! DH had some trouble finding the heavier dumbbells when he bought his 45s last year. Hopefully you can find some that work for you. Maybe do a quick test in the store with 35s and 40s to see what feels better?

Diana, I hate it when I type out a message and then accidentally lose it! Very frustrating. Have fun at the wedding...hopefully it won't be too work-oriented and you and DH can do some dancing, etc. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that big...should be an impressive occasion!

Have a great Friday and a great weekend everyone!

Okay, I broke down and bought the new cardio dvds. I couldn't help myself. I don't know what is wrong with me, I have some sort of video buying disease.... So I have the 20% off, that I can't use on STS and the only thing I don't have besides some of the much older dvds is 4DS. So do y'all think 4DS is worth getting?? It would be a little over $60 with the discount, so $15 a video.

I'm not sure you'll see this Diane, but a big loud YES about getting 4DS. I love, love that series and use it alot. It is worth $60 -- no questions!!!!

I am thinking of getting the Gym Style series w/my 20% coupon. Isn't Cathe clever, giving a discount, which just makes us all want to buy more of her stuff!!!!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.