Getnfit@38

Hi honeybunch,

We are doing okay. My daughter is of course having good days and bad days, but more good days overall. I think the funeral really helped her, it seemed to put a sense of closure to the baby's death, and the words spoken by the Father giving the service really helped us all.
My next step is supporting her while she figures out what her next step is! She had of course planned to be a mother, and now that that has changed, although she has gone back to work, she's undecided whether or not she wants to go back to college in the fall (my hope! :)), or whether she wants to take a break for a while, or whether she wants to try again for another baby. So until she thinks through what she wants, I'm just here to lend an ear and support her. I feel pretty helpless about right now, and this has to be the worst part of motherhood~when you can't "fix" whatever is wrong in your childs world!
But we're doing okay, and taking each day one at a time.
Thank you for caring :)
Donna

Wow, we don;t know one another, but it sounds as though you have soo many challenges. Good luck and good thoughts....

Donna,

I just have to say I admire your positive outlook on life. You are always upbeat and positive (and consistently so!) in your posts in spite of personal trials. And you always take the time to encourage others.

I admire your outlook and I admire YOU! :)

Sandi

Donna,

Can't imagine what you and your family has been thru. My heart hurts thinking about you and your family. Did not know what your going thru. This site really is unusual. It's not only a "workout" site but there is much caring and support here. Also humor!

Please continue to post. Even if it's been a really rough day we are here for you!

Laura

Donna: I haven't been online much this week and had no idea this happened. I'm very sorry and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Thank you all so much for your support. This site is just so incredible. We not only support each other through our weight loss and/or fitness endeavors and trials, but through our personal ones as well. I value this site so much, as well as all of you. You are the best "cyber friends" in the world! :)
Donna

Hi, Donna - Like Katrid, I too did not know you and your family had such a sad loss. Please know my thoughts and sympathies are with you, your daughter and your family right now.

Annette

Donna,
I too have not been online for awhile & had no idea you & your daughter were suffering so. I can't imagine a worse pain for your daughter, but you are such a wonderful person, I know you will help her through it.
Make sure you take some time for your own pain. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers too.
Ruth

Donna,
I also haven't been checking in very often. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I'll keep you in my prayers. The death of child is (I think) the hardest to accept. It's an unnatural progression...my mom never fully got over the death of my sister. And my sister, who had a stillborn, still felt a deep rift in her soul 30 years later. My heart and prayers go out to you both.
Amy

Donna, Although I dont really know what happened, just wanted you to know I am also thinking of you and your family. Judy

Donna, same here. I'm don't know exactly the details of what happened, but it was obviously a family tragedy. You sound so strong, though. Keep up the faith. She is lucky to have a mom like you!
Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.