FYI....Sunless Tanner

Stacy

Cathlete
I just tried out Loreal's new Sublime Bronze (medium-deep)Gel and I got a pretty decent, and even looking "tan". The smell isn't so bad...have yet to find one that doesnt have at least some smell to it. The gel is fairly liquidy and goes on easily. I've tried a handful of other sunless tanners and this one is my favorite so far.

Stacy

does it leave patchy brown/organge marks around the ankles. i've used Mary Kay on my legs and if I don't rub it in really well - I mean really well - it will leave orange/brown patchy marks around the ankles. just curious

Since I found Au Courant, I won't use anything else, especially for speacial occasions. It is very pricey but the tan is even and is not orangey. I like the mousse and the spray. Some models and the Bay Watch girls use it. + it smells good. You can get samples at www.tanforless.com :)

Hi!
I have very fair skin, and tried the Sublime Bronze (medium-deep) Gel, and liked it better than anything else I have tried in the past.

I tried the Fake Bake system recently, and it's supposed to be what Britney Spears uses for her bronze glow. Well let me tell you, that is the most awful stuff to apply!!:eek: It's got a color guide that is very dark. You have to use gloves to put it on, or your hands will stay brown. It takes at least 30 minutes to apply it so that the color guide looks even. You have to put it on before bed, after a shower, and then in the morning rinse the color guide off. (Of course your sheets are brown in the morning).

Sorry I'm rambling on about it, but the whole process was terrible. On top of everything else it has this strong odor, not pleasant at all! After I rinsed the color guide off, that tan wasn't very dark, and I did not want to go through the whole ordeal again. (on a positive note, the "tan" was quite even allover)

Be cautious if you try this! It's also on the pricey side.

>does it leave patchy brown/organge marks around the ankles.
>i've used Mary Kay on my legs and if I don't rub it in really
>well - I mean really well - it will leave orange/brown patchy
>marks around the ankles. just curious

I've tried it on my legs and I got the ankle patches. When I tried it on my upper body, the first time I had darker patches on my wrists and knuckles. The second time I tried it, I made sure to moisturize not just my elbows, but my wrists and around the knuckles. Then I used a glove to put the tanner on, and when I was done, I put a bit on the back of one hand and spread it over both hands. I still got a little bit darker knuckles (though I was careful, and even wiped off my knuckles with TP after I was done because I knew that that area "took" more darkly). I'm still in search of the perfect technique, and I haven't tried legs again yet, but when I do, I will exfoliate ankles and feet and slather moisturizer on my feet and ankles about 1/2 hour before doing the tanner, not do the feet until last, and go light.

Except for the "ends" (feet and hands) the "tan" really does look good. I just wish I knew the tricks to make it look perfect!

I like the Neutregena(sp?) It looks good, but I don't like the fact that if you apply it and then get sweaty, the stuff bleeds and turns your clothes brown. So I have to apply it before bed, but again, it gets on the sheets and the sheets smell. Any solutions to this? Or, are there others that don't do this?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.