Fun Fitness Feats!

LauraR

Cathlete
We all know that while Cathe's workouts are fun and help us look great, one of the best outcomes is that we are FUNCTIONALLY fit. So, let's share the fun fitness feats we've been able to do as a result of our Cathe workouts.

Here's mine:

Yesterday I took my kids to the pool. DS8 was horsing around with his best friend. The friend came up and just hosed me down with one of those mega-blast water guns. As payment, I picked the kid up and heaved him into the pool. Everyone cheered when he got his due. The dads are all the time playing with the kids and tossing them in, but this time it was a MOM, which made it even better. I was pretty impressed with my core and upper body strength on that maneuver--I guess everyone else was, too. :D

So, chime in. What have YOU been able to do because of your Cathe workouts?

Laura

Great job, Laura!!

I felt like She-RA this weekend. My Mom wanted her broken treadmill out of her basement so my dh & I moved it up the flight of stairs & outside. It was HEAVY but we did it and he said... I'm so glad that you lift weights! :D

Oh, and lifting up the 50# bag of dog food w/out any help at the store is nice too. ;)

Jess

Oh, and lifting up the 50# bag of dog food w/out any help at the store is nice too. ;)

Jess

Yes!! This one is a favorite of mine:D

Now if I could only figure out how to get items off the top shelf in the grocery store without climbing all over the place:confused: The curse of being only 5' 3/4":eek: Maybe I should work on my plyos more!

JJ

Helping my husband load 400 bales of hay in the barn loft. It was funny because he hired a teenage boy to help and I worked circles around him. My husband said "if I was him I would be ashamed that an older woman could out work me"...I had to laugh cuz he was serious! He often teases me about working out, but I ALWAYS rub it in his face (nicely of course) when he needs my help, I say "aren't you glad that I workout?" I also use a post hole digger when we build or repair fences on the farm. I have a girlfriend that calls on me for help when she needs "muscle" around her place such as helping her fix fences, move hay, etc.

I love that I can sprint across a busy street and have the lung capacity to keep going....and going:D:D

Not so proud of mine ...

My DS was having a "moment" and wouldn't go to his room for a time-out. I picked him up, threw him over my shoulder, and hauled all 64 lbs. of him upstairs and deposited him on his bed.

He's more than half my weight and almost as tall as I am, but I did it!

I don't think I'll have to do that again -- he knows that I mean business! ;)

Climb a 36 foot rock wall! I took my DH indoor rock climbing for our anniversary (thanks to JodiJodi's idea!) and knew I could do it b/c of my fitness level due to Cathe (and CC ;)).

Kathryn, that's great. I'm sure you made your point!

Mary, I'm so glad I could have a small part in your fitness feat!

I personally like waving away store employees who want to help me carry stuff. Especially when my DH is there and tells them that I can handle it.

So true!

Jodi, I know what you mean! One of the baggers where I do my grocery shopping is this little old guy who is probably 85, 90 years old (not kidding!). And he always offers to take my groceries to the car for me!

While that's very sweet of him (and I know it's his job to offer), I'd be so embarrassed to allow him to do so!

So I always take out my own groceries, and my DD helps me when she's there. And we return our cart, too. :D

Just trying to set a good example!

I helped my DH carry his new big screen TV into the house without dropping it. He was gonna call a guy friend to help and I told him I could lift it and he didn't believe me!! But I did it!

Jodi, I know what you mean! One of the baggers where I do my grocery shopping is this little old guy who is probably 85, 90 years old (not kidding!). And he always offers to take my groceries to the car for me!

While that's very sweet of him (and I know it's his job to offer), I'd be so embarrassed to allow him to do so!

So I always take out my own groceries, and my DD helps me when she's there. And we return our cart, too. :D

Just trying to set a good example!

When I read your post I HAD to check and remind myself where you live. Up here in Buckeye country where the 16 year old baggers are always way too busy picking at their nails and talking to each other to offer to take anyone's groceries to anyone's car, you're lucky if your watermelon doesn't wind up on top of your eggs. And it's warm where you are. Man, I'm moving.

Amazing!

You ladies have some impressive accomplishments to report!

I especially love the responses of those of you who helped DH load or carry stuff. Isn't that such a great feeling? I feel a real partnership when I can do that, even though I know DH can still lift way more than I can.

So, Connie, Jess, and April--way to go helping your DHs with the treadmill, the hay, and the TV

Connie--I've tried using a post hole digger. That is tough!! You are amazing.

Jess & JJ--those dog food bags are not only heavy--they are bulky! WTG!

JJ--I'm LOL at the thought of you doing plyos in the grocery store. :D

fit44--I know what you mean about sprinting and not losing your breath. I feel the same way after a long flight of stairs when I can still carry on a conversation!

Pearlstrand--I love that you could sling your son over your shoulder. I have two DSs, and it won't be long till they're challenging me in the strength category. DS8 can already pick ME up. It's good motivation to stay on top of things. When they hit the teenage years, I'm determined to at least be able to compete with them, even if I can't keep up!

Thanks, ladies, for the fun stories!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.