Found a House???!!!!

ldy_solana

Cathlete
good evenign all

we may have found a house. we put in a bid and we will see if the sellers like what we offered. it needs some cosmetics work(ie ugly rugs,countertops and cabients) but most appliances are new(heating system is barely two years)there is 2 bedroom but they converted a third bedroom out of an office,and part of the basement was sectioned off as another living space. its pretty big and my parents can move in and we won't be tripping over each other. now my dh,mother,and brother(if that bum gets a job,but living with me there is NO choice in that) can more then pay everything while i can continue to stay home and care for viola and dad. wow 6 ppl to look and clean up after LOL. i don't mind i guess, its a great way for us to own something that is ours and it relieves the stress my mom has been going through b/c we will be there for each other.

the two rooms upstairs(along with the huge hallway)will be violas and our rooms. there is one room downstaris on main level so dad doesn't have to walk up and down stairs to get to bathroom or kitchen, and we will shove my brother in the basement }(. its near the women's collage so its a safe area(ppl do their running at NIGHT around there)its 1/2 mile within two resturants,health food shop,bank,post office,convience store, and supermarket. and the road behind us is the sunbeam bakery factory so its smells like yummy dinner rolls in the area and there bakery thrift store is right behind our house. also its just one house away from a fresh seafood market.

now in this area $53,999 is a moderate working class home. we offered $50,000 and the realtor said since the house has been on the market for a few months,it was a fair deal. it only had two owners since it was built in 1922. so i get an old home like i like,at a good price, i feel safe in the neighborhood,which is mostly working middle class,and its near alot of things. plus i can defiently make more running buddies :).

well i had to share so i am keepign my fingers crossed.i should know something by monday night. thanks for listening my cathe gals.

kassia

ETA: appliances and heating system is all updated and roof is in top shape so this is a real great deal for a well kept home, well besides the orange shag carpet in the living and on the steps LOL

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Kassia,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Can I ask what state you are in? That's an unheard of price for a house in this area, lucky you!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Kassia,

Wow - it sounds perfect for you!!! My fingers are crossed for you and your family. I didn't realize you took care of so many. You are amazing! And sweet Viola is so lucky to have you. So is the rest of your family. No wonder you do yoga so much! Hehehe. :)

Let us all know how it goes!

Susan

www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I sure hope you get it Kassia! We've been looking for a home for almost a year now. The market here where we live is crazy. You almost have to make a bid immediately on a house or someone else will. Also, most sellers are getting what they ask for if not more! Anyway, the house sounds perfect for your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.:)

YEA KASSIA! I soooo hope it works out, cause you certainly deserve it.:) Fingers, eyes, legs, & I'll try toes, are crossed for you.

>Kassia,
>
>I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Can I ask what state
>you are in? That's an unheard of price for a house in this
>area, lucky you!
>
>Sparrow
>

i live in lynchburg,virginia its pretty much in the middle of the state.i find homes that go for a little over $100,000 here go for more then $300,000-$400,000 in new jersey where we used to live. but this house only had two owners the i believe there were no more mortage payments so the sellers were just asking $15,000 more then the house was valued at. i really like this area b/c alot of older homes and they go for cheap,even ones in great condition like this one. many do not want older homes but i love them. they have charm and if you can invest time and some money you can make them outstanding. plus like i said its a college area so its pretty safe and lots of valued homes around the area.

kassia

Kassia...good luck!! I hope everything works out.

Don't you just hate that waiting period? My stomach is always in knots wondering what the outcome is going to be!!LOL!!:p

Good luck Kassia! Looks like you put in a good offer. I hope everything works out.

ETA:How long did you allow for the homeowners to get back to you?

>Good luck Kassia! Looks like you put in a good offer. I
>hope everything works out.
>
>ETA:How long did you allow for the homeowners to get back to
>you?

their agent said give her until tomorrow night but i told her anytime this week will be fine. i want them to think about it too if they want to counter-offer. i really like this place and have some big plans for it so i think all parties can come to a comfortable agreement.

kassia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.