@ forum admin---CatheLive times

aqua girl

Cathlete
Hi, would it be too much trouble to list how long the CatheLive workout is when you come back after it is done and a clip is posted?
Some of us keep a CatheLive book and I write down what the workout is, equipment needed and the time which I now have to sign in
To get the time..thanks for any consideration:)

Hi aqua, the writeups for the YouTube videos are done the day before we film, so it's not possible to know how the long the video will be when the writeups are made. With our iOS app all you have to do is click on the icon and the app will instantly launch. You don't have to sign in each time, so this takes less than a second and should be many times faster than searching for our YouTube video. We also list our Cathe Live workout times on our Cathe Download site as well as our web portal for Cathe Live subscribers. We could always add the time to our YouTube videos, but I'm curious to why you want to do this in this way? Isn't this a lot slower for you than using the app?

I don't use any app on phones, I use a firestick. So unless I log on, I don't know the time and I keep my own Cathe Live list. When I'm trying to find out which live I want to do, I use youtube because it helps me remember the workout or find a new one. It would be nice to have the time listed there with the current description because you are kind enough to put everything else in the description. It make picking a workout easier and also makes it easier to add to my list if I want to. That's why I would like to have the time on there as well. Thanks

I do use the app most of the time and I do have to sign into the app each time I use it or even the OnDemand
app, because I sign out of the app(s) when I am done. I never stay signed in to any app if I am not using it.
I just was thinking that when you come back after the workout is done and is loaded in the CatheLive library
that when you post on the forum that the workout is up and ready to be viewed in the library, that you could
just add : workout is 46 min., etc. When Cathe posts what the workout is going to be, the day before, I add
it to my book, then when it is done, if it was listed in the forum (time) I could see the length of the workout and
add it. Now, I go back into the app under the recorded section and see what the time is. No big deal, just
thought it wouldn't be too much trouble just to post the time on the forum, after the fact.

Ok, I found my quick solution:), I just made the download page a favorite on my iPad and I can just hop there and click on the details of the live workout and get
The time instead of looking on forum. Quick fix!

Ok, I found my quick solution:), I just made the download page a favorite on my iPad and I can just hop there and click on the details of the live workout and get
The time instead of looking on forum. Quick fix!
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try that too.:p

I don't use apps to access the workout, use Chromecast and the web address for the LiVe workouts. Not sure if the app even works with Chromecast. I had so much trouble with it when I first got it, that once it worked using the web address, I didn;t want to change anything.

Hi fox2star, you don't use a browser when using an app. You just use the app. The app doesn't have anything to do with your browser, so you can switch back and forth between the two without any issues. You really should use the app though as it's many times faster and better than using your browser on your mobile device.

How does the app work with Chromecast? You just launch the app and it goes into a set up process with Chromecast?

fox2star, The app doesn't use your browser. You can have 6 different browsers on your mobile device and it won't matter as far as the app is concerned. The app is a separate, self-contained, piece of software that has its own media player.

Hi fox2star, the way I use the apps on my iPad is I hook my iPad to the tv's hdmi
Port via a hdmi cable and using the Apple hdmi adapter which you can purchase
Many places, got mine at Best Buy. That will show what's on your device on your
Tv. Then just open the app and go from there! It will play on your tv (of course, its
Playing on your device too. I just lay it next to tv. I don't have chromecast, roku
Or anything like that. I also can hook my chromebook to the tv too to use Live
And OnDemand thru the website too if I choose to do it that way...you just
Hook the laptop to tv with a hdmi cable, don't need the Apple adapter for that.
But like forum admin said, it is quicker to use the apps, a few less steps. The apps are in ITunes. I think they have android too? Hope that helps..:)

Aqua Girl:

Thanks for the info. I use my Samsung phone to stream using a Chromecast device. it's pretty simple, just open Google Home, and select "mirror device" and then I open Cathe Live that is already on "desktop" of the phone and go from there. As this thread was originally started, I was looking for an easy way to see the times of the Live workouts, without having to sign in etc. I guess there is no way to do this unless you either sign on to the web access, or to the app.

Aqua Girl:

Thanks for the info. I use my Samsung phone to stream using a Chromecast device. it's pretty simple, just open Google Home, and select "mirror device" and then I open Cathe Live that is already on "desktop" of the phone and go from there. As this thread was originally started, I was looking for an easy way to see the times of the Live workouts, without having to sign in etc. I guess there is no way to do this unless you either sign on to the web access, or to the app.
It is easier to view the video, description, and time if you use the link for the cathe live downloads like they said earlier in this tread. I tried it and you don't have to sign into anything. Just find the workout you want by number or name and click on details on the right side. The next window shows the description, time, and the youtube video all in one place. It's a lot easier. Try the link.

https://www.cathedownloads.com/category/products/cathe-live/

Hi,

I tried to copy the link on my desktop, and was not able to....it appears that I would have to sign in to the downloads etc to get to this page?

I can get to the link from here, (above), but would have to either keep coming here, or keep it in an email, and keep the email. Cannot copy it for some reason on my desktop.

ETA: I just found a way to put a shortcut on my desktop! Now at least I can see the times and details of the latest LiVe workouts! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.