Forget Kettlebells --go for the "ghettobells"!

Mercurial

Cathlete
Editted because, naturally, I would post the wrong link. :p The right one is up now.

So if any of you are like me, you hate having to buy new weights, steps, mats, and other equipment. The benefits are fantastic, but it's costly! :( And sometimes that can keep you doing the same / similar workouts, which puts you in a rut and overall just starts to limit you.

For a long time, I have wanted to do kettlebell exercises, but I havent wanted to spring for them because of the cost.

Well, I was browsing the web and came across this guy who mostly does comedy videos on YouTube but recently has thrown in some workout videos as well. In one of them, he demonstrates his rejection of the Russian kettlebells and creation of the Chinese (because he's Chinese ;) ) ghettobells.

The ghettobells are basically just empty plastic milk cartons that you fill with water (which is approximately 8.3 pounds) or sand (no idea how much weight that is, but obviously heavier and less likely to leak) that you completely cover in duct tape (to avoid the leakage).

If you want a visual, you can go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHrJ1R_WAaM

I'm really excited because now I can do some kettlebell exercises (obviously kettlebell pushups and slides would be kind of problematic) totally free, and I figured if any of you are in the same boat as me, this might be a good alternative!

Happy exercising! :)

Last edited:
that is great! I did The Firm Super Sculpting today and Anna has modifications using: mop handle, cascade detergent bottles and water bottles. Anna was before her time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.