For those who have been pregant

Jasmin416

Cathlete
I am a little concerned that I could possibly be pregnant. I had s** on day 9 of my cycle and unfortunately the condom broke. About 6 days later I had intermittent feelings of motion sickness nausea and I felt like I could literally throw up but didn't. I feel like day 9 is too early but i don't know. Did anyone get pregnant at an odd time of their cycle. Typically mine is 27-28 days. Any thoughts?

No words of wisdom here, but if you suspect you could be, I'd just act as if I were until I knew for sure (i.e. no boos, no odd medications, etc.). It seems like pretty early for symptoms to show up. It's probably just some kind of bug. Home tests can detect it as early as six days before your period is due, though. I always liked First Response. (I'm a mom of 3.)

Good luck!! Hope you get the results you would like. ((Hugs))

in many pregnancies, morning sickness does not occur until a missed period and may not even start till week 6. I say, most cause everyone is different, but it is the HCG hormone that triggers nausea and this soon after, it probably would not be elelvated enough yet.
In the future, the morning after pill is a 1X shot, can be taken up to a few days after sex to prevent pregnancy. It is bacically a handful of hormones that will induce a period. It is not the same as an abortion pill per the medical literature.
Day 9 is nearing the zone because them spermies live a few days.

I have had a few nail biting months in my time. good luck!
;)

Another mom of 3 here (Hi Stephanie!)....

Getting pregnant on Day 9 of a 28day cycle is pretty unlikely. Ovulation wouldn't *typically* happen for about a week later so you would have to have some seriously good cervical fluid to keep that sperm alive!:p I don't remember how long sperm live inside the body but I don't think it's a week or more. If you were to be pregnant, start buying PINK! Getting preg on the early end of your cycle is more likely to produce a girl (i've got 3 of 'em!)!:D

Let us know how it turns out for you!

Everyone is different, but from someone who had extreme nausea through at least half the pregnancy, the symptoms of nausea didn't start until at least week 5 or 6. The first real sign for me was EXTREME fatigue, like you've never felt before (like you need a nap NOW!).

Ovulation kits are also available for future use.;)

I also used First Response.

Good Luck to you!!

Apparently I didn't know this. LOL ;) (3 boys here! :D)

I have 4 boys and only 1 girl, and I didn't know either! But I wouldn't change a thing.:D

rosie69

It's definately possible. I got pregnant on day 5 of my very regular 28 day cycle, and I was 41! I thought there was no way it could happen. You just never know!

Rosie, I was afraid of people like you...lol

That happened to my old friends when we were teenagers. Guess I'll find out in a week and a half....

I've got four children. I've always gotten pregnant early in my cycle. My 6 year old was conceived on day 9 of my cycle and my 4 year old was conceived on day 6 so yes, it can happen. And like Rosie - I was in my forties for these two when even getting pregnant is less likely.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.