For those of you who've had Turbo Fire for awhile...

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
I'm making out my birthday/Christmas list and I think I want Turbo Fire, but I have a couple questions. (I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously)

1) Has any dread-factor set in yet or are you still enjoying the workouts?

2) Do I need the Deluxe add-ons or is the Basic enough?

3) For those of you following the modifier, do you feel like you're getting a good enough workout and you're not "missing" anything by not doing all high impact jumping? (I have Insanity and have had some tweaky knees recently and I feel like I'm not giving it my all when trying to modify it. I've also been trying to modify Shock Cardio, somewhat unsuccessfully, as I feel like a failure if I can't do it all!!!)

4) Will I automatically love Turbo Fire if I love Turbo Jam? (TJ Cardio Party 1 is one of my favorite workouts ever for the music and fun-factor.)

I apologize for all the questions, but I want to make an informed decision. I guess I want something that's fun, works me hard, but doesn't kill me.:eek: Thanks in advance for helping me make up my mind. I've already pre-ordered Cathe's new workouts and also adding Turbo Fire may be the kick in the butt that I need... Please enable me... or not.....:D

#1. I'm on to my 10the week of TF, and have had NO dread factor! The workouts repeat themselves, and yet STILL no dread factor! I'm in awe of this myself!

#2. There is a 12 week rotation WITHOUT the deluxe set. Weeks 13-20 use the deluxe workouts. I ended up getting the Deluxe, but to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure I need them. The strength/toning workouts are not like Cathe's. Not as challenging, and I've chosen to incorporate Cathe weights instead. The only one I *needed* and really wanted was the additional cardio, FIRE 60 class.

#3. I don't modify.

#4. YES! YES! YES!!!! You will LOVE TF if you LOVE TJ!!!!

I love Turbo Fire!

1. There is no dread factor for me. I want to do these workouts.

2. I got the deluxe. I would say you probably don't need it. The only two workouts I use are Fire 60 and 10 min abs but I don't regret getting the deluxe because I love those 2 workouts:D

3. I don't modify:)

4. I never have done TJ.

Turbo Fire is the best fitness purchase I have made this year!

Candra

I just sold mine on Ebay this week. I absolutely hated to do it but all the twisting and higher impact moves killed my very flat feet and weak hips/knees. I really loved it. The music is just fabulous and makes you want to keep going so there is no dread factor.

I really wished I could have kept it but I used the money I got back from it to purchase STS!
I'll just stick with Cathe for now.

Karen

#1. I'm on to my 10the week of TF, and have had NO dread factor! The workouts repeat themselves, and yet STILL no dread factor! I'm in awe of this myself!

#2. There is a 12 week rotation WITHOUT the deluxe set. Weeks 13-20 use the deluxe workouts. I ended up getting the Deluxe, but to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure I need them. The strength/toning workouts are not like Cathe's. Not as challenging, and I've chosen to incorporate Cathe weights instead. The only one I *needed* and really wanted was the additional cardio, FIRE 60 class.

#3. I don't modify.

#4. YES! YES! YES!!!! You will LOVE TF if you LOVE TJ!!!!

Exactly what she said, except I am at the end of week 7.

But just to add in my own thoughts ;), I only like the cardio, but it was still worth every penny even though I have no intention of again using the tone, sculpt, stretch 40 or abs20, I likely won't use the upper or lower body from the deluxe either. I could have done without the deluxe, but I love these so much, I'm happy to have one more HIIT and one more Fire class.

I do get some foot pain with these, but I find taking off my shoes and socks makes the pain go away. My feet/ankles are not strong enough to do them all barefoot all the way through, so I start with shoes on, then when there is about 15-20 minutes left I take them off and finish up the workout barefoot.

I have Insanity, that had serious dread factor for me, but these I look forward to doing.

Thanks so much for the input, ladies! I appreciate your thoughtful replies. Looks like Turbo Fire might be in my future...:D Not so sure I need any strength/toning workouts, but the cardio ones sound like a lot of fun and just what I'm looking for!

Karen, I'm sorry you had to get rid of Turbo Fire, but congrats on getting STS! I'm on my 2nd STS strength rotation and I'm loving it even more than I did the first time. I've tried other instructors' strength training, but I always come back to Cathe's.

Anyways, thanks again, Cathletes, for helping me make this decision. You rock!!!

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.