Fly to Chicago or Wisconsin

I think Milwaukee would be an easier drive to the resort, but I think Chicago MIGHT be cheaper to fly into. It's a bit of a bear getting out of Chicago though with traffic, etc.

ETA: it is about a one-hour drive from Mitchell Airport to Lake Geneva.

Yes, Milwaukee is closer by about 1/2hr according to the Resort's website.

I think I'll still fly into Chicago as it has more flight time options for me. When I was speaking to a travel agent she didn't think it was 90min. to the resort from Chicago which the Resort website indicates.

Milwaukee is definetly more expensive to fly into along with less flight time options (atleast for me coming from Toronto)

It will be far easier to fly into Milwaukee as opposed to O'hare or Midway. I'm not sure about cost but I am from this area and avoid Chicago airports whenever possible. Not only is Milwaukee easier to get in and out of but also closer to Lake Geneva. Hope this helps :)

Yes, Milwaukee is closer by about 1/2hr according to the Resort's website.

I think I'll still fly into Chicago as it has more flight time options for me. When I was speaking to a travel agent she didn't think it was 90min. to the resort from Chicago which the Resort website indicates.

Milwaukee is definetly more expensive to fly into along with less flight time options (atleast for me coming from Toronto)

Googlemaps puts it at an hour and 23 minutes. I think it could easily by 90min and possibly more depending on when you are driving. Not to mention the time to just get out of the airport itself and get a car.

It's a tradeoff - like you said.

Too Many Airport Choices

I'm from Chicago. DON'T fly in to Midway. Midway is on the south side of the city and you have to drive through Chicago to get up to Wisconsin. Traffic on a Friday in Chicago is horrendous. At least with OHare, you are north of the city and the drive will be more quick. The average time WITH NO TRAFFIC to get to Lake Geneva from OHare is 90 minutes, but for a Friday, who knows. Milwaukee airport is easier, smaller, closer, little traffic and a much less stressful drive. Only downfall to Milwaukee airport is less flight options and possibly more expensive. With all this said, I vote Milwaukee for visitors.

Well I'm glad of the votes for Milwaukee cause that's where I'm flying into!

My flight gets me in 9am though so I'll be real early for the RT!:D

"THanks Mommapew! Look forward to meeting you!:)"

Same here. I've seen you at the Gym RTs but never spoken to you. I have tried a couple of your receipes though :)

Arriving early

Arriving early is no problem - the Grand Geneva is a great resort. They have wonderful massages and herbal wraps - you can pamper yourself after the stress of travel. I've stayed there several times, even though I live close by. They have great weekend retreats. And the advice to fly into Milwaukee is very sound advice. It will be much easier to get to the resort from Milwaukee.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.