flat stomach after baby?

R

rachel2

Hi. I had baby number three 17 months ago. I am still breastfeeding and can't seem to drop the last pounds or get back into my old jeans. I am doing Cathe tapes (MIS, PS series, bodymax, MIC) and kickboxing, jumprope other step... I even bought that 5 day abs tape and started it two weeks ago. Still not where I was. Yes, I watch my diet. Have any of you other mom's actually "flattened" your stomach? How? I am very discouraged.
Thanks,
Rachel

Flat stomach after baby

I have been observing this stomach-after-baby thing for all my adult life (I am 42). If you are fit enough to do MIC and MIS and are basically not overweight, just carry those last few cosmetically unattractive but not unhealthy pounds, I think it is just genetic luck where you will store them. I had a baby in 1985, and worked out during the pregnancy. I was 27 then. My stomach was flat as ever in 3 weeks. But my stomach is always flat, come hell or high blubber
happy.gif
Wheras, my butt NEVER goes away. Even when I was pretty anorexic and overexercising. Those globs of fat on my butt are never going away on their own. I am in excellent shape, not overweight, etc. etc. So, maybe they are just not going anywhere without liposuction or unhealthy starvation. Many of my healthy fit friends have that little bit of tummy.

thanks

Thanks. Your so right. It helps to hear some horse sense once in a while. However, I can't say I am finished obsessing about my gut. Sad, isn't it?
Rachel

Response by Email

Rachel,

I sent you an email on 1/28 concerning some abs to try. Did you get it?

Susan

Would you mind sharing,Susan?

Just horning in, but I am always on the lookout for new abs. After 5 preg it is tough to keep those boogers in shape. Personally, I think some of the less than flat feeling is extra skin from being stretched, flattened and restretched.Anyway, would appreciate a new way to "torture" these muscles.

No Problem

I will email you the info since my understanding is we are not to promote other websites on this one.

Susan!

I hate to ask you again, but could you share it one more time with me? I teach aerobics and I always like fresh ideas. It seems like there is only so many things you can do with abs. TIA for sharing with me!!

sorry didn't get it

I sent you, at least i hope it is you, an email with a "better" address. Thanks for your help. My tummy needs it!
Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.