Fitness App recommendation?

owltx

Cathlete
I know that apps have been discussed here before, and I went back to search and see if I could find what I am looking for. Basically, I am looking for more of a tracking app - what I would really like is something that pairs up via ant+ or bluetooth with my heart rate monitor and tracks my heart rate for each workout, displaying at the end how long I was in each zone over the duration of the workout. It would be a big plus if this could be stored in a calendar-like mode so I could scroll back and see how I have done heart-rate wise over the month on each workout.

Most apps seem to be geared towards a specific sport, like running or cycling. Since I am mainly using DVD's, I don't necessarily need the big "pluses" these types of app feature, like the mapping feature. I currently use Wahoo, but it only tracks current heart rate and overall average heart rate. Then I have to e-mail it to myself and log it in manually on the Cathe workout tracker. Wouldn't it be nice if one app could do it all? Does anyone have something they love?

-Stephanie
p.s. I was thinking Digifit might fit my needs but have been unwilling to part with the $$ for the app unless I knew it did everything I wanted. Anyone have experience with this app?

I don't have any app recommendations unfortunately, but as far as digifit - do you have an Android or iOS device? I ask because I don't know how the Android store works, but if you buy an iOS app and it doesn't do what you expected, you can usually delete it and get a refund from the iTunes store.

Audryb, thanks for the tip! I do have an iPhone, and did not know that about the refund on iTunes - that will come in very handy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.