fit moms--time for a new thread

MSJ

Cathlete
Hi everyone--Ashley, Briee, Shopaholic, Emy, Autumn, Melanie, and Smiley. I hope I didn't forget anyone. If I did forgive me. My brain is fried. It's been a rough week.

I thought I'd start a new thread, because the other one was almost a month old.

I have thrown away my scale. The last 7 lbs is a hopeless business and I can live with a size 6, although I covet a size 4. I am just going to focus on improving my fitness level and let the pounds fall where they may. I think that I can maintain my current size/weight fairly easily.

I think that I am going to start a Slow and Heavy/intense cardio rotation, because I've been jonesing for Slow and Heavy workouts. I've just been doing mostly the Hardcores since they came out and I think it's time for a change up:p.

I've been diagnosed with IBS. I actually had it before this current diagnosis, but it's apparently taken a turn for the worse, so bad in fact that when these attacks come, I am totally incapacitated. It is freaking me out a bit, because the pain is so bad, I cannot move. I am not fully convinced that this is in fact what is going on, but the doctor seems fairly convinced. Ugh.

I hope everyone has been doing well
Maggie

take care
Maggie

I have been lurking here for about a month, and am new to Cathe, but not to excercise. Hope you don't mind me joining in! Actually, you don't have a choice! I am here! Just kidding! :)

I am going to start throwing in an extra leg day. My derierre needs some serious lifting. I will keep up with my total bod workouts twice a week and cardio 4/5 times a week. I just got my bands yesterday and will get my high step Monday so I can really work it!

Maggie, I had IBS soon after my last little guy (well, actually he wasn't that little) was born and it hurt! So I understand what you are going through, and I am sorry you are going through it! Are you changing your diet to help?

Toodles,
Missy

Welcome Missy. How old is your little one(s)? I don't like strength training. I like cardio training. I like the endorphin high I get. I guess you can say I'm a junkie. I haven't even tried one of the Gym Style hardcores I received months ago!!!
I've been posting my workouts on Momstobe site. However, I can continue here too if I'm still welcome. ;)
I'm picking naps over workouts more lately. Can't wait until 2nd trimester when energy picks up.

Here's my week:
Sun: nap
Mon: off
Tue: 4 mi run
Wed: can't remember
Thurs: MIC step
Fri: off
Sat (today): off (worked 10.5hrs)

Congrats Maggie on reaching your goals. It sounds like you are at a healthy weight. And size six is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. You are awesome!!!! You have some before/after pics for us?!?!? I haven't had IBS, but I often cousel persons with IBS at the pharmacy. I'm sure you are increasing your fiber. Are you prodominately diarrhea based? Zelnorm has worked well for some folks. I will be praying for you. ;)

Melanie
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi Missy

Glad to have you! Good luck with your goals. Keep us posted. About the IBS, I am trying to change my diet, although 3 of these 5 dreadful attacks I've had over the last 2 months have occured right after a high fiber meal. I've heard fiber is supposed to help. I'm trying to find information on what to eat and what to avoid online.

Melani--thanks for the prayers. I used to be more constipation based, but I have diarrhea during these latest attacks. They are utterly debilitating when they strike to the point where all I can do is lie down. I've never had anything like this before. I am reluctant to take medication, because I never know when I might be pregnant and the doc said that the IBS medications should not be taken during pregnancy--your thoughts?

I would send before and after pictures if I could get our wierd e mail to send pictures. I want to do a picture trail and just have a link, but hubby is not to keen on that idea, so it looks like that's out for now. I'll try to get him to figure out what's wrong with the email.

take care
Maggie

Would DH be more willing if you put a black strip over your eyes? J/K. LOL. MY DH would be the same way.
About IBS meds & conception. Would definitely stay away from them. Your dr is right. ;)
IBS tends to go in cycles. I will pray that your cycle will end NOW & nnever come back (complete cure of course, nothing is too big for our Lord). :D

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

thanks for the advice, Melanie

By the way, how are you feeling? Sick? tired? I am always so sick during the early weeks of pregnancy. I hope you are feeling good.

Maggie

Hi all,
Missy, welcome!
Maggie, sorry to hear about your ibs. It must be awful feeling so awful with no time to rest. maybe a size 4 is not a realistic goal for your body you should be really proud of all your weight loss.
Melanie, hopefully that fatique will lift soon. How is hubby feeling?
Emy, how are you feeling? How is Max?
Autumn, how are you, thanks so much for the pics.

Alexis is doing well. She is so funny now, when she wants to go out to play, she attempts to put on her shoes and jacket .

I did a firm week last week, let's see if I can remember:
Sunday- walk(about 4 miles roundtrip to a park)
Monday-bodysculpt+fitprime lean
Tues-super cardio
Wed-the bodysculpting 3 one with christa plus something(can't remember)
Thurs-upper body plit+ adv. cardio blast
Fri-lower body split
Sat-cardio burn plus fitprime steamin cardio(minus floorwork)

Wow, Maggie, sorry about the IBS. What a bummer! I hope it goes away (can it just go away?) Speaking of bowels, for the past 2 weeks I've had some problems too. Is something in our water or what?! Size 6 is great! You should feel accomplished.

I finally can remember my workouts, so I will post.

Mon- Hot Steps
Tue- none
Wed- Muscle Max
Thu- Low Max (6 of 7 segments)
Fri- none
Sat- High Step Challenge

I have a picture to send of me and Max. I don't think I've sent a picture of myself before. I won't send unless you request because it is 4 megapixels and could bog down your computer if it is slow.

Max is feeling significantly, but not all the way, better. He has 2 more teeth - #s 17 & 18 - his molars! He is starting to try more tantrums, but mom is not caving in. It's a challenge of course. He will throw himself on the ground and they cry because he's hurt himself or just bang his head against something because he is upset. This just started when the molars appeared, so the two could be correlated. Anyway, mostly he is doing well, and I don't seem to be gaining weight as quickly due to chasing him around and picking him up so much.

http://lilypie.com/days/050710/4/23/1/-7/.png[/img][/url]

Hi Emy

Boy, you are getting close. Are you due some time in July? I don't know where you live, but I hope the summer is not too hot. I've had 3 summer babies and I was so miserable--especially my feet. I got hot feet and nothing would cool them down. I even slept (tried to anyway) with ice packs surrounding them.

Bardric is way more cranky when he is teething, but he is also throwing more fits in general. I do not cave either.x( I'm a mean mommy}( :p :) .

I would love a picture of you--go ahead and try to send it. I'd love to see what Mr. Max looks like now too.

My workouts for the past week:
Sun--so sick
Mon--IMAX 3, MM chest and back
Tues--HSTA cardio/leg premix, MM legs (skipped w/u and c/d) LM blast
only; I loved this workout. I was dripping sweat and sore
the next day.
Wed--MM sh, bi, tri, and abs, 30 min stationary bike
Thurs--Rest
Fri--KM blast+Low Max (skipped w/u)
Sat--HSC+KM kick/punch drills

take care
Maggie

Maggie, send me your email and I will send the picture. My email hasn't saved your address. Thanks!

Due 7-10-05

Hey, sorry it took me so long to post back here! I have been busy!
I have three kids, a girl almost 8, my middle son almost 6, and a 1 year old boy. Oh, and I alomst forgot my 28 year old boy. He needs the most attention.:p
Maggie, on you ibs, what really helped me was when I am thirsty, I only drink water. And I drink a lot of it! I go through 5 gallons a week. I haven't had an "attack" in almost 2 months. I get ibs with constipation, though. I hope that you find what works for you! I will definately pray for you, though, I know how painful it is!
K, I don't really remember what all I did or didn't do last week, half if it I spent swimming in vomit (this is no exaggeration) but I do know that I worked out at least three days. I can tell you what I will be doing for this week though, assuming noone else gets sick!

4/25 Power Max, forgot how fun it is!
4/26 BC cant wait!
4/27 4 mile run
4/28 L&G
4/29 kickboxing
4/30 HCX circuit&intervals

Everyone have great workouts this week and keep setting great examples for those kiddies!

TTFN,
Missy

I want pictures too: [email protected]

Nice ticker Emy! :D I'm trotting along. Very fatigued. Looking forward to the 2nd trimester euphoria!!!

DH is improving SLOWLY. Very SLOWLY. Improving though, so that's good news. :)

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Hi fit moms -
I've been lurking here more these days rather than posting but can I jump in here and ask if anyone's PMS got worse after having baby #1? I've noticed I'm a lot more irritable - well, mean, actually - and I get the worst chocolate cravings...I'm talking the "get out of my way, I'm eating the entire super-sized chocolate bar" kind of craving. Before I got pregnant, I very rarely had any PMS and if I did, it was quite easy to ignore. Maybe it'll get better with more time?

Maggie, sorry to hear about your IBS diagnosis. I hope you feel better soon.

Nora is 8 months old now. She cut her first two teeth about a week and a half ago and is working on another two. I wish it was easier to post pictures here. I'd love to share!

Thanks everyone for letting me pop in for an update...
Diana

Hi Shopaholic--Good to hear from you. Yes, I am thinking a size 4 is not for my body type. I am enjoying exercising without getting on the scales everyday:p It's kind of nice to have fitness related goals and not body related goals. Less pressure.

Missy--thanks for the IBS tip. I am looking for natural remedies, because my husband and I want more children and the medications are not condusive to pregnancy. I don't like the idea of being on a lot of medication. I probably don't drink enough water anyway. I hope you are feeling better. I hate illness with nausea and vomiting--would rather have the sore throat/cold type...

Diane--Hi there! I can't comment much on post partum pms, because after several of my babies, I got pregnant as soon as I quit nursing and had no periods at all. Now that I'm almost 37, I'm not so fertile, so I am having periods just having weaned my youngest. I am so negative and cynical and glum and hungry (during pms)--but I think that I was like this years ago when I had regular periods before children, so I don't think it's worse. Hormones---they sort of rule my life either through pregnancy, periods, or breastfeeding. And then there's menopause to look forward to. See? I'm being sort of negative and cynical now. (expecting a period Sunday, providing I'm not pregnant:p )

Boy I'm wordy tonight!

Maggie:+

I nursed Max until the first week of January, I was about 3 months pregnant at the time. It was getting to be too much and he was so heavy!

Due 7-10-05

Hi ladies! Shopaholic, glad you received the pics. I am always happy to see the moms and/or babies and would love to exchange pics if you just email or pm me your email address & I will do the same.

I am on here tonight trying to pass the time and have been debating if and how I should post this. Here it goes... my mother passed away unexpectactly yesterday. She has been living with Scleroderma, an autoimmune disease that causes sclerosis or hardening of the tissue (skin, blood vessels, organs, etc.). She was doing well, so we thought. Apparently, it was attacking her bowels. She began complaining of stomach pain, nausea, and vomitting Sunday, but she thought it was IBS episode. Monday she was still complaining but refused to go to the doctor. Tuesday she called 911 and when I arrived was horrified to see her. She was in septic shock. She was shipped to Barnes-Jewish in STL, and the doctors confirmed after an exploratory surgery that the bowels were dead (with the exception of a few inches) and that nothing could be done. She passed away maybe 10 minutes after the vent was discontinued. I was with here when she died and assured her it was ok to go even though the selfish side of me wanted to hang on to her forever. My mother was flawed and imperfect, I've shared some of those flaws on these forums. BUT, I miss her soooo much already! I realized sitting there holding her hand that it was just me and my mom when I came into this world (well, the doctors and nurses... daddy wasn't allowed in the room) and it was just me and my mom when she left this world. Mothers and motherhood are incredible gifts!

I am sorry to share my grief, but I consider you all my friends and needed to vent. Please keep us in your prayers!

Autumn

Autumn,
I'm so very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Your comments about motherhood brought me to tears. It's true, they are wonderful gifts. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Diana

Oh Autumn ((((hugs))))

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother to skin cancer years ago, but even though it she died fairly quickly, we did have time to sort of prepare ourselves for the inevitable, (barring a miracle, of course).

What you are going through must be so much harder because it was unexpected. Please don't feel sorry for sharing your grief. We wouldn't know how to pray for you, if you didn't let us know.

May the God of all comfort, comfort you and your family.

Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.