First signs of pregnancy different each pregnancy?

dcat

Cathlete
I don't think I'm pregnant yet, but I was curious just the same because you never know! For those of you who have had two or more, how many of you had certain signs or none for your first pregnancy and different or no signs for your following pregnancy(ies)? I've been looking for the symptoms I had with my first baby but then got to thinking it might be different this time around.

My first pregnancy I had a really easy pregnancy. I didn't have morning sickness. My breasts were a little sore and I felt bloated, but that was pretty much it.

The second pregnancy I was pregnant with twins and didn't get any morning sickness or any other signs different from the first except that I had more uterus pulling pains...faster growing I guess?

Now, this time around I was BFing my second when I got pregnant and my milk pretty much started to dry up so I weaned and I was a little bit nauseated. I haven't been to the doctor yet (I'm about 12 weeks along). I have had some uterus pulling pain (at least that's what I call it), but I expected that this time since I had it last time too.

So I guess, for me the only thing that changed from the first was more pulling in my uterus and for this pregnancy I've been a little bit nauseated.

Any way, that's my experience. Good luck with TTC.

Lindzebird

For my first one, I knew the day I was due for my period. I woke up with a UTI, and figured this had to be a pregnancy thing. Then for my 2nd, I was a little emotional and craved grill cheese with ketchup - which is what I liked only when I was pregnant with my first. Those are the only early symptoms I can remember.

With both my pregnancies, I was exhausted at first . I had sore boobs with both but my stomache felt great with dd#1 and with dd#2 around 8 weeks light morning sickness kicked in. I was told by people that I was probably having a boy since I felt different but of course that is a wives tale. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the responses! I find it interesting how varied each woman's early symptoms are and how they can differ each pregnancy. Not preggo yet - my period showed up 8 days early! That's unusual for me as I'm very regular. We'll see how it goes this month.

Hi, I responded about how my symptoms were with my first 2 kids. I feel like I am pregnant right now and I also got my period 8 days early! However, I am convinced that this must be implantion bleeding because all of my other symptoms feel like pregnancy. Do you have any other symptoms? This is my 3rd day of spotting.

Hi Debbie -
How exciting for you! I'm definitely not pregnant. I have no idea why my period showed up so early. Just one of those things, I guess (but it sure doesn't help when TTC!). The first symptom I had with my first was sore nipples and then shortly after I had a heavy, bloated feeling and then a little fatigue once or twice at times I never expected to be fatigued. That was all before I took the pregnancy test. I didn't have implantation bleeding. I'm pretty sure I'll know right away if I get pregnant again. You just may be pregnant now if you feel like it. Keep us posted here!
Diana

This is all so interesting to me! Thanks for the thread. I've never been pregnant before, but DH and I are currently trying. I tried the "counting days" method to try to estimate my ovulation time, so we've been trying at that time. I'm obviously waiting for the first day of my next period to make any conclusions, but I've noticed soreness in my breasts, super bloated feelings in my mid-section, sick feelings around 2 am for the past 2-3 days, and strange "grumblings" or movements in my uterus area. Oh, and I was so exhauted last week that I came home from work every day and napped. By Saturday, I almost felt like I had the flu or a cold, I was TIRED. I could just be "hopeful" and there's really nothing going on, but I love hearing your responses anyway.

Thanks,
Chrissy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.