First day of school blues

KellyG

Cathlete
Well, the kids are off to school today and I am feeling blue! My youngest daughter started grade 1, which means all 3 of my kids are now in school full time. I have been a stay at home mom for 11 years and I have loved it. Suddenly there is no one here and I am feeling sad. Don't get me wrong - there have been several moments over the summer when I couldn't wait for school to start!;) But here we are and now I'm not so sure. Part of it is that I am missing the kids, and the other part is that now I have to think about what I want to do in terms of going back to work or whatever it is I need to do. I need to find myself again and it's a bit scary.
Anybody else in my situation? Thanks for listening....I needed to vent! My grade one daughter was in tears when I left her at school, and that made the morning so hard. I drove home in tears myself.
Time to pick myself up, maybe a little Crossfire or To the Max. That should do the trick!

Kelly

I feel your pain Kelly :( My kids are starting their 3rd week of school so we're getting settled into our routine, but that first week was so hard. It's a big milestone year for us...my oldest started middle school and our baby went into kindergarten. We've got a 4th grader too. I'm a stay home mom as well and I do plan to go back to work sometime in the future but for now I'm thankful I can stay home and have some time to do projects around the house I couldn't do until now. I miss my kids while their away, I'm one of those moms that would be happy to have them home all the time, but I think it's good for all of us to have time away from each other. The ole' absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I'm sorry you have the back to school blues, you are not alone. Each day will get a little easier for you. I sure was in tears our first day too. As I was dropping them off in car line this morning my little one told me how much he would miss me today. But he is loving going to school like big brothers. So yep, do some Cathe today and that should cheer you up for sure :)

Thanks for your support Dixiegirl! It's nice to know I'm not alone! You are right - I'm sure it will get easier as the days go by. I picked Crossfire Extreme this morning...wow! It definitely picked up my spirits.

All the best to you and your kids!

Kelly:)

Our first day of school was also today. My oldest is in 2nd grade and my preschooler will start pre-K next week. I'm also sad. I missed my big guy today--we had so much fun together this summer, though he definitely did drive me crazy at times. My little guy kept saying how he couldn't wait for his brother to get home today. It will take a few days to adjust, but it will get better.

Hugs to you!!!! I hope you're feeling better today. I think I understand what you are feeling. As with anything hard, it does get better with time. And you're right, those exercise endorphins help a lot.

I was anxious all yesterday about my youngest starting Jr. High because he was so worried about it. And it was a bummer of a birthday for my daughter. This has been the hardest year for me to see my kids go back. Normally, I'm not excited for the hectic morning routine and the busy afternoons and evenings with driving, homework, piano, activities, and the like; but I'm usually glad to be back to something of a schedule. I guess it's because my kids are older now, but I really enjoyed this summer and am not at all looking forward to all the stress--for them or me. It's going to be a really hard year for my 2 in Junior High, and an exciting but super-busy one for my High Schooler.

I've been dog-sitting for neighbors who were moving and having trouble/delays getting into their new home. They're finally in now, but I've still got the dog while they're getting a fence up. He was quite a comfort. I'll miss him greatly.

Hugs to you too Elsie! I hope your kids (and you!) enjoy the coming school year. You're right, it will get easier with time. This morning my daughter didn't have tears...just the lip quiver and watery eyes. Once she is in the classroom she is fine, it's me that's not! Cycle Max got those exercise endorphins goin' for me today!

Sounds like the neighbour's dog was quite a comfort to you. You'll have to have the dog over for a visit now and again!

Thanks for your support!

Kelly:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.