fillers for upper eyelid lift

lulu68

Cathlete
Has anyone tried fillers to give your upper eyelids a lift? I have naturally heavier upper lids, and now that I'm in my early 40's (42) the lids are droopy. I have always been self consious about my eyes, even though I always got compliments on them. I will try not to leave my house if I can't wear my sunglasses and if I do I try not to let people see my eyes, its gotten so bad that I will wear bangs to cover the eyelid erea. At the time I cannot afford eyelid surgery and not willing to stop working out for 6 weeks for recovery. Any advice would be greatly apreciated!

Lourdes

I don't know about fillers, but the women in my family had such eyelid issues that by their late 60s/early 70's they were having vision issues, infections and insurance paid for blepharoplasty.....so, I did it this year, upper and lower....easy recovery and I look 15 years younger and as good as I feel....

eyelid surgery

I had both my upper & lower eyelids done, I worked out the next day!!! The worst part was having 2 black eyes, people were asking me what the "other guy looked like" LOL
It was worth every penny
karen

Has anyone tried fillers to give your upper eyelids a lift? I have naturally heavier upper lids, and now that I'm in my early 40's (42) the lids are droopy. I have always been self consious about my eyes, even though I always got compliments on them. I will try not to leave my house if I can't wear my sunglasses and if I do I try not to let people see my eyes, its gotten so bad that I will wear bangs to cover the eyelid erea. At the time I cannot afford eyelid surgery and not willing to stop working out for 6 weeks for recovery. Any advice would be greatly apreciated!

Lourdes

You have to be really careful w/your lids. My derm will not use fillers on my lids. I get filler under my eyes b/c I have really deep hollows, but not on my lids.

Sometimes botox can help, but that depends on the individual. He tried once to lift my lids w/botox & I ended up w/the Jack Nicholson look. :eek:

I'm the same age as you & I plan to get a lid lift in the next year or two. My eyeliner disappears withink 30 seconds after I apply it, & it's driving me crazy!

There is hope. My derm said there's a new laser treatment that was just approved by the FDA for lid lifts, so no surgery would be involved. I would imagine it'd be somewhat cheaper than surgery, & would be permanent as opposed to the injectibles. I'll see if I can find out more & let you know. :)

You have to be really careful w/your lids. My derm will not use fillers on my lids. I get filler under my eyes b/c I have really deep hollows, but not on my lids.

Good advice!
I was reading on another forum they use fat transfers for eyelids, but your body only retains a small amount. I think you lose 80% of the fat transferred overtime. It's impressive while it last, but I would spend the money on surgery.

May I ask you ladies how much you paid for your surgery and was it a long process? Also, should I consider going to see an opthomoligist (eye doctor) before consulting with a cosmetic surgeon? Thanks ladies!

Lourdes

I have the same issue with my eyes, the top lids droop and I'm 49 yrs old. I've thought about getting the surgery too. I hope to be able to get it next year. I would also like to know how much something like this cost as well, if you don't mind sharing! :)

There is hope. My derm said there's a new laser treatment that was just approved by the FDA for lid lifts, so no surgery would be involved. I would imagine it'd be somewhat cheaper than surgery, & would be permanent as opposed to the injectibles. I'll see if I can find out more & let you know. :)

That sounds promising. In my family we get these droopy lids and I'm only 32 and I'm seeing fine lines, I have every intention to get fillers and maintain my youthful look. People tend to judge you if you look 'tired'.

ICUmom, did insurance pay for your surgery? My right eye drops more than my left, and it does affect my vision, it feel like it's slowly coming drooping over my lashes. I will check with my doctor! Very interesting though! :)

carolinagurl, you might check w/your eye doc, insurance will cover the surgery if it's a risk to your eyesight. I asked my doc about this & she said it'd have to be pretty extreme, but you never know!

I hear cost ranges from $3000-6000.

Sometimes botox can help, but that depends on the individual. He tried once to lift my lids w/botox & I ended up w/the Jack Nicholson look. :eek:

I'm the same age as you & I plan to get a lid lift in the next year or two. My eyeliner disappears withink 30 seconds after I apply it, & it's driving me crazy!

Hi,
I would love to find out more about the laser eyelift...Thanks!!!

There is a laser treatment for this called the Madonna Lift. They offer it at my aethetician's office for $500.

http://www.americanhealthandbeauty.com/articles/?article=2611

Oh, this is fractional laser treatment, I have had it done on my whole face but not around my eyes. The laser my derm used was called Fraxel. Truly amazing results! Evened my skin tone, got rid of fine lines, minimized the deeper wrinkles...........they said I would never need a facelift if I did the Fraxel every 4-5 years or so. :)

Bear in mind, that $500 is for a single treatment. Typically you need at least 4 to get optimal results. I did a quick google & found how it's used for eyelids:

http://www.ophthalmologyweb.com/Spotlight.aspx?spid=23&aid=242

Also, it doesn't exactly tickle. ;) The treatment itself can be somewhat painful. But if you've had children, I'd imagine labor pains would be worse, & we're willing to suffer a little for our looks, no? :p

When I was in my 20's and used to wear eyeliner, I would notice how it would bleed on my upper lid so I started using powder over my liner and use waterproof makeup, etc., until one day a makeup artist told me plain and simple that I have excess skin on my lid and the liner is rubbing off on it. I never really noticed it until then as it wasn't too obvious to me. Now, as I'm a few, ahem, years older, they've become more droopy. I've considered blepharoplasty but was always concerned that they'd cut away too much, i.e. Kenny Rogers. I'm thrilled to hear of a new procedure that doesn't require surgery so I'll be anxious to hear about people's results as they become available. Woo hoo!

Bam

Temporary eyelid lift

Ok, so I've ask about the upper eyelid surgery. Now does anybody now of a products that gives the eyelid a temporary lift? Thanks!

Ok, so I've ask about the upper eyelid surgery. Now does anybody now of a products that gives the eyelid a temporary lift? Thanks!

As a matter of fact, I do. I bookmarked this site some time ago & have yet to actually try the product, but might be what you're looking for. But I don't know if you can get them in time if you want them for NYE!

http://www.eyemagic.net/about.htm

If you try them, please let me know how they work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.