February CHECK IN *!* Wed. 18th *!*

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day!

Getting us rolling this morning.

Did everyone sleep well?

So what's planned for today?

I'm going to do a Cardio Coach probably vol. 5 along with my Turkish Get Ups.

Ivy Enjoy your visit w/ your mom :)

Chris did you end up picking up that book? Isn't he th eguy who wrote Feed the muscle or something like that?

Joanne your life sounds so hectic. Take care of yourself!

Enjoy STS when you receive it.

Good thing your dad's doctor went through all the meds he's on. Poor Jameson, does he have strep like Caitlyn?

Kathy & Chris did you both decide to replace your STS holders with something else? I'm hearing tons of people are not happy with the containers they came in.

Beth & Hottie Enjoy your Vacations! Hope you gals are having fun! :)

picture.php

Good morning ladies..

Vilma: No, so far I am ok with the cases..I am glad that they weren't all separate. The all in one case really saves space. At first the DVDs are hard to get out. But, it seems once they are out, it is ok the second time.

What about you Chris? How do you feel about the cases?

Anyway, Disc 8 today and weights and plates abs...We are getting a little snow here this morning. But, it is to get warmer today. So, it will melt away and will end up probably with rain...Hope so..I need to hit the grocery store and the kids have PE class today..No CCD for them today..President's Day holiday for classes this week..

Be back later..

H ladies!!

Vilma, I was thinking of doing a CC today, too. But, I think I'm going to try an old itread. The oldest I have is #2. I have so many on my MP3, I want to go through them and see if I'm missing any goodies! Yea, my life is hectic!! But, one day at a time, right? We think Jameson has strep cause he had the same symptoms as Caitlyn. The doctor just prescribed his med over the phone, which was nice.

Kathy, I was wondering about those cases, too. So, are you already in week three of STS? Wow! It looks like mine might get here Friday, when I won't be at work. ;( I should have had it delivered to my house. Oh well.

Today was Push 2 and Extreme Abs from CLX. Feel like I need to add some cardio, though.

Have a great day all!

Joanne

Hey Girls!

It's harder to get here with the boys home this week. We did end up going to the Mall yesterday and to Borders. I did get The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto, and yes, Vilma!, he also wrote Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I'm anxious to read it, but... I'm currently reading Why We Suck by Denis Leary, and I'm quite amused by it and want to finish it first!

My 13 yr old, Zach, got the new Wimpy Kid book, and another book called , The Hunger Games. It's a futuristic story about kids in a reality game show played until death. I heard it was pretty good, and want to read THAT too! Oh, and then I get my mail today, and yet another magazine is in it.."More". It says I have a subscription for a year! i never ordered it!/?!?! . Weird. Im not sure if I told you guys before, but I'm a magazine subscription 'whore'. I have about 8 magazines that I get! :eek: I might start to let some run out, though. My boys usually have a Magazine Drive for their school , and THAT'S why I have so many. They're not doing it this year....So... I'll let some go :confused: maybe...

So okay, My workout!!!

I did Disc 8 today too, Kathy. Back & Triceps! I'm still finding myself very challenged on these exercises. I had SUCH bad DOMS in my Biceps from Monday for 2 days. Weird how one body part "gets it" worse. But anyhow, Disc 8 was awesome! Loved it! I continue to love STS and feel ultra challenged. Plus the band work mixed in is pretty cool. ... I followed it with Abs Circuit: Weights & Plates. I think I did a WEE bit better on some of the plate moves. I tried to do a few of each move that I couldn't do last time. Very cool stuff! I like the idea of working my way up to these. The pikes with the plates is the most extreme, though. I think alot of it is that my arms are so damn tired from the weight work!!

Kathy: I don't have a problem with the STS Case as is either. I suppose, maybe at some point, the cardboard cover might get wear and tear, and then maybe I'll replace it then. But it works for me great now. And I like them all together like that too.

Vilma: Hope you enjoyed your CC today! (I know you did!). Is hubby back at work this week? Your kids aren't on vacation this week, are they?

Joanne: You do have a TON going on there! I'm telling you, you did NOT do the wrong thing on STS ordering! I don't regret it ONE bit, and I would re-order it for full price today if I had to. I hope you get it Thursday! Glad the doctor gave your son an antibiotic over the phone! making appts is a total PIA! Hope jameson feels better quickly too. ASC sounds scary!

Ivy: Oh! that is a WICKED good deal on the TJ's! Good for you for getting them again. They are a good break from Cathe cardio and have a HUGE fun factor.

Hottie: Those pictures are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear details!!!! HURRY up on taht incubation!!

Oh my boys are making me crazy.. Fight Fight Scream Scream , You're GAY, you have AIDS!, .... I need a Calgon!!!

Hottie, yes, great pictures!! Did you say hi to Cathe for all of us? ;)

Chris, LOL about your kids! OK, I know, not funny, but it made me feel better about the things that come out of my kids' mouths and reminded me about what happened last night. Well, first some background....Colin has this bad habit of saying inappropriate things. It bugs the heck out of me and don't know quite how to handle it. Don't even want to repeat them here. So far he's aimed it all at his brothers. We punish him, have even done the soap thing. Hate that, but DH does it. So, anyway, when they had a snow day a few weeks ago they were all playing video games. Colin was getting frustrated and calling the game and his brothers names. Well, the entire time Ian was sitting behind him writing down everything inappropriate that he said. Colin had no idea. Ian presented this list of 20 things to us at the end of the day. They both got in trouble - Colin for saying them and Ian for writing it all down. Although I had to laugh about Ian sitting there recording everything. Well, last night they are upstairs. Colin comes down with a list of a bunch of stuff Ian said. Ian denied it, but Jameson confirmed it. The funny part was, Colin said to him - ha ha - sucker - revenge!! I had to laugh. Aren't kids fun??

I'm so excited to get STS now!! Haven't really heard any negatives about it. I used to get lots of magazines, too, but kind of let them run out cause they were just piling up. Made me feel obligated to read them! For some reason I'm getting Runners World for free now. A whole year. Not sure how I managed that. Feel like I should start running again! Confession....I didn't do my itread today. No excuse...just lazy!

Time for lunch...

Ok, so I don't have too much time because I'm swamped coming back into LA (that's what happens when you leave for four days!!) So, just a recap and I'll try to do personals later today.

So, the class was Monday morning. We got there extra early and the room where they work out in was huge. Joe and I got a giggle out of these huge propeller like fans in the room that were labeled "big ass fan." The class started a bit late, but it was cute because Cathe knew clearly she was running late and you could see out the door to the room there was this TINY woman running straight into the exercise space. What was extra cool is that she recognized immediately that Joe and I had never been there before and gave us a shout out (hee hee!). The workout is Cardio Kickboxing but its more like a KB warmup plus more bootcamp drills afterwards. Actually the warmup was very reminiscent of 4DS KB which made Joe exceedingly happy because he knew what the hell he was doing. All her music was really great and mixed well which helped too! After the warmup we started the drills -- things like running around the room, skipping into the center and back, shuffles, suicides, etc. SO MUCH FREAKING FUN! And its more fun with Joe because the whole time we're like pushing each other to try and trip each other up or slapping each other on the butt and the high-fives. It went by very fast -- my HR was up there and so was DH's. We did this ball work that was really different...like jumping jacks on the ball. I was having a pretty fun time with it. And we cooled it down with some core work.

AND THEN!!!!

OMG, Cathe talked to me for like an HOUR. I was a blubbering idiot. I don't understand myself sometimes...I don't get fazed out at all in front of Hollywood celebs but I just got so shy and so excited...Joe was having a BALL watching me go from super-serious-cool-sarcastic woman to happy-silly-gushy-fan girl. We talked about a lot of different things...like living up in the area, the location of the gym (it was a supermarket back in the day), the kinds of workouts she likes to do (she made Joe infinitely thrilled for saying that GS was her favorite), road trips, she took us to where they do the filming, if you see one of those shots its the new and improved power tower and she showed us the improvements made from the original prototype, I mean, she just was AWESOME. She signed EVERY DVD cover I had. EVERY ONE. I really hope I didn't embarrass myself too much! The only downside is that Mrs. Boylan wasn't feeling well so she didn't drop by to the class. She emailed me later apologizing and asking if we could meet up later but I had to deal with nieces and then getting on a plan.

OMG guys -- I just have to say, I was so freaking thrilled, just so on a high, and I can't believe how nice she was/is, and I can't wait to go again!

Back to the bench!

Joanne: Funny how when you're kids are behaving this way, you think they are the ONLY ones that do these crazy things! Thanks for making me feel like it's not just MY out of control boys! Actually, in the book "Why We Suck", Denis Leary talks about his relationship with his older brother, who constantly calls him "Faggot" and beats the crap out of him. Boys, huh? .... So I'm reading about your Colin saying inappropriate things and thinking this is EXACTLY what MY Alex has been having issues with ! To be blunt, he's had issues with using what we call "potty mouth". He literally talks about Pee, Poop, Penises, Weiners, ...it's disgusting after a while, really! Well, we actually kind of CURED him of this! We set up a "potty jar". Every time he says one of these words, we take a quarter (or more , depending on the serverity of what he says) from his money! It's really cut down on him saying these words!!

Hottie: I'm just in awe of your meeting with Cathe !!!! The pictures, and the story is incredible!! The KB Class sounds so freakin cool! And you and your DH are so cute, I want to work out with you guys!! Cathe amazes me , the way she seriously takes time for her "followers", she is the nicest ever, isn't she? Sorry about Cedie (it cracks me up you call her Mrs. Boylen!). I was wondering why there was no pics of her. She was sweet to offer to meet you after!

Chris, yea, that's the type of stuff Colin has been saying. Lovely, huh? We actually did the money jar thing. Except my DH has a bit of a problem with his language sometimes. Not the stuff Colin is saying ;), but your regular everyday swear words. I know, a whole other issue, but he's getting better. I can't get too mad at the kids when their father isn't much better. So, anyway, DH was putting more quarters in the jar than the kids and it became a big joke to everyone. Except me! I've thought about trying it again, though.

Hottie, that's so freaking awesome!!! Cathe just sounds like such a nice, down to earth person. I would love to take a class with her. Too bad you didn't get to see Cedie (Mrs. Boylan!). Thanks for the report!

CCv5 and TGUs completed earlier this morning.

Kathy alright about the cases for the dvds - since I've read so many folks saying how unimpressed they were w/ the packaging I was just wondering .

Chris
The Hunger Games is supposed to be a very good book and one I plan on picking up for myself to read. I'm still reading the "Wicked" series it's amazing how the characters of the land of Oz are hehehehe; since I just finished book 6 of the "Outlander" series and have to wait until this fall for book 7 to be released :(.

Let me know how that new book is as I have the feed the muscle book here but I get so enamored over my other books I have never finished reading his yet :eek:

Hottie loved the photos although they were teeny but I loved to hear how you and your dh had so much fun in Cathe's class.

I think I would have acted the same honestly so no foul there ;)

Joanne
I wish I knew what to say about the potty mouths but I deal with it here too and both parents are guilty of it :eek:

Granted we try to watch what we say and limit the nasty word usage so it works until someone gets really angry about some inconsequential thing.

I'm back to carpooling everyone around - why you ask?

Well my car which oldest DD has been using more than I do has a nasty dent and scratch /gouge marks along the front side passenger area.

DH & I honestly do not know if she was parked and some one did it or if she misjudged and did it. Regardless it looks to have been done while the car was parked though or in the parking lot. She is denying any involvement. So the nice car detail that was done to repair my car early this past fall looks like shit again :mad:

So needless to say DH & I agreed that I will be driving everyone again since maybe the campus parking lot where DD has classes at is just to darned crowded.

It really sickens me as our car insurance has gone up painfully high.

Word of warning ladies... when your kids are old enough to drive - try to get them their own beater car and leave the brand new family car off limits and have them help you w/ gas and insurance :(

For now she'll still be driving my car when she goes to work and back but it's been twice this has happened over at the college - 1st w/ DH's car and now with mine.

picture.php

Vilma: Hope you enjoyed your CC today! (I know you did!). Is hubby back at work this week? Your kids aren't on vacation this week, are they?

Yes I enjoyed my run and it was over much too quickly for me today :p.

DH is back at work on day shift for now and nope the kiddos are not on school break.

Okay I need to go and fold my laundry :confused: and listen to my audio book of Twilight :D as I do - audio books are great for that lol

picture.php

OMG, I just spilled all my cells after I added the must expensive thing to it. SIGH. I can't describe how frustrated I am right now but I guess that gives me time to do personals...

Vilma - sorry for the small pics. I tried to pull them off of facebook real fast but FB shrinks them when I do that I guess. I'm sorry about all the chauffeuring you have to do! We have only the one car out here and I know how hard it is with just two people let alone a full blown family.

Kathy -- how did you like the STS workout today? I know you homeschool your kids -- did they get a Prez Day holiday too? :)

Joanne -- you weren't lazy, you were listening to your body -- LOL! I have a pretty foul mouth but I attribute that to living in NJ. I didn't really direct it at my sister though, mostly people at school. But I think it came out in HS. I love the lists though! Totally something I would have thought of! It was pretty cool going to see Cathe -- Joe specifically wants to go back when we visit home again.

Chris -- Joe and I couldn't rough-house too much because there were a lot of people there though I almost tackled when we were running around the room. It cracked Cathe up too that I called Cedie, Mrs. Boylan. I'm still in a bit of awe for how she took the time and how awesome everything was but there are these moments where I just get so embarrassed with how I blubbered on. Other than Mrs. Boylan, the only thing I really regret is that my sister didn't get to come with us because my two year old nephew didn't give her a wink of sleep and there was no way she could take the class in that condition. Thanks for the nice compliment on the arms btw! I've been feeling sorta lame about them -- like they're clearly bulking up and getting bigger from GS Biceps for sure but since I have that ever so nice layer of padding (read: ARM FAT) I feel like they're just bulky instead of buffy. If you grab my arm there's clearly a bicep and tricep (yes, I'm not so sure they were there before) but it just doesn't look it so I'm a little hesitant to wear sleeveless sometimes.

Grrr...ok, I'm still reeling over the fact I spilled my cells....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.