February CHECK IN << Wed. 11 >>

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Let's get this check in rolling.

Sorry I never got back online but such is life.

I ended up having a wonderful run w/ CCv7 ~ I absolutely love that version and the music is just great for when I'm focusing on my run.

I plan on a circuit w/o along looks like BootCamp for now w/ more ETK.

picture.php

Yay I still have some time to post some personals from yesterday so here goes :

Kathy Lomax is a great leg burner - glad you had a great wo w/ it

Beth yes I want to hear all the pros and cons about STS. So tell me also your final views of CLX before you go on your vacay :)

Ohhh that Squeeze Stronger ab work is firece thanks for reminding me about it as I really want to try to squeeze (pardon the pun) that dvd in my workouts ;)

Chris I love my TM for that reason ~ I don't need to wait for better weather but then again I don't dare run outside here or I'll get run over since we have no sidewalks ...hmmm I may try outdoors one day ;)

Ivy
alright about feeling better. I'm holding off on STS until I get all the reviews. I would also need to save money again for that one if I do ever get it. I wish I could just go out and buy all these lovely programs to have but realistically I just can not right now. Plus I'm still not sure if its what I would want to play with yet Enjoy ab circuits now that one I hear is a great core dvd.

Joanne Big Hugs for Caitlyn , poor thing and poor mom I would have hated cleaning up that couch :confused:

I hope I am now caught up gots to get outta here

picture.php

Good morning ladies..

Today will be Disc 5 of STS...We have a busy afternoon with the kids PE class and then CCD after that..

Have a great day ladies..I will be back later!!

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow.

Well, last night I felt stuffy again in my nose and hardly couldn't breath last night. Today I woke up at 4:45 to workout and did 4DS LIS as is, but I wasn't feeling so strong and at first I thought maybe because it's to early, but I think it's because I'm still sick So today I went after dropping DD off at school to buy some Zicam and I bought the melt Cherry Tablets and I'm sorry I almost threw up while that thing was melting. I guess because it was too sweet for me. But, I did take it. Now, I don't know how I will continue to take it if it makes me feel sick to my stomach (the flavor). I should have gotten a different formula. I think I will take tomorrow off because I don't want to keep working out if I'm not 100% better. Or maybe I can workout, but just do the light workouts right?

Vilma: Enjoy your workout today! I'm still not feeling well. I had to take some Zicam. I wonder if I can return it to the store since I opened it?? The flavor is making me sick, lol. I think I'm going to hold off on the STS for now too. I'm just going to also wait because I don't have the money now, and I would also love to see what results everyone will get from this program.

Well, I'm off to lay down. I hope I feel better later today. BB later :)

Ivy, did you take that zicam on a really full stomach? If not, then that's what made you feel so sick -- I have to take it only right after I eat or the same thing happens and it doesn't matter what the flavor is (for me).

Vilma, too funny with your squeeze pun! I know what you mean though, I was just wondering if I might "squeeze" it in before we leave for skiing! :p

Unplanned rest day for me!! Last night I spent a long time trying to figure out what workout I wanted to do. In the process of that, my dvd player went kaput! First it just took really long to load things, but then I had terminator in and when I tried to go to imax extreme, it would go to gauntlet. I finally gave up and set up the laptop so it would be ready for me, but then I had an awful night of sleep -- a lot of 20 minute naps really, so I just stayed in bed this morning for a couple of more naps! I may try to do a quick cc later or something -- we'll see. That doesn't always work out so well for me. I'm ok with a rest day I think. Vilma, nice that you had a good cc run!

-Beth

Just completed Bootcamp without the core part and did ...... yup SqS ab medley; OMG! I had forgotten that routine and boy I felt it good. Who would've thunk it that holding a broomstick during ab work would hurt so much?! :eek::D:p It was great! :D

All in all my workout so far has been a great one and I love TGUs so looking forward to that.

I'll be doing my TGUs in a little bit as I needed to eat something besides drinking water since 5am.

Ivy I've never taken zicam before but I know if I take my vitamins on an empty stomach I get very nauseated. I hope it helps you though

Beth I'm going to try to fit the entire SqS somewhere in my routine as I'm doing circuits/ cardio along w/ ETK so I just need to see where it will fit in best.

Sorry to hear about your dvd player and try to get some rest.

Kathy your day sounds busy ~ Have fun with Disc 5 :)

Big Hellos to Chris and Hottie!!!!

picture.php

Oh, Ivy, I'm so sorry! I'm the one who told you to take the Zicam! Although Chris and Beth told me about it, so we can blame them, too! ;) JK - love you guys! Although I did have to laugh a bit when you said you put it in your mouth and had that reaction. My DH told me he was feeling like he was coming down with something and I told him he had to try this stuff. He rolled his eyes at me and said fine. Put it in his mouth and said OMG - this is horrible! Lots of theatrics! He's gagging and making all these faces. I actually didn't think it was that bad. Beth is right. Definitely take it on a full stomach. Seriously, hope you are feeling better soon.

Vilma, great workouts!! I love the section with the 10 sprints. That is from 7, isn't it? I had SqS out today to do the abs, but did the core from LIS since I did the step.

Beth, DVD player malfunctions are the worst! Enjoy your rest day if it turns out to be one.

Kathy, can't wait to hear about Disk 5 (from you and Chris!)

Hey Chris and any others!!

Today was Push 2 and LIS from 4DS - just the step and abs. It was fun to do a Cathe - it was like seeing old friends.

BBL....another crazy day at work...

Joanne

Hi Everyone!

What a morning! I slept like poop too, Beth, and then had to get up a little earlier because Alex goes in 1 and 1/2 hours early for an English class to beef him up for state testing in the Spring. Even though I got up about 20 minutes earlier (after sleeping like poo), I still felt behind! And I had to nag nag nag to get those boys to get ready for school. *sigh*

Anyhow, I did do STS: Disc 5: Back & Triceps! :eek:. I still am amazed at the weight I'm lifting. I don't think I'd pick these weights on my own if i hadn't done 1RMs. Although some were TOO heavy, but I adjusted. The workout went very quickly. There were some spots I had to pause to fiddle with my weights, but other than those few times, there was ample time in between moves. I did one set up Chin Ups on my suspended bar ball. I also have a Lateral Pull Down on my bench, so i used that for the other Pull Up/Chin Ups. (Do you think that's equivelent?). It's a lot easier, anyways, but I did add 25 lbs to it. I did notice that some of the same exercises seemed EXACTLY from last weeks DVD. Cathe makes the same comments. It's weird. But I'm working so hard, I really don't care! I come off of that workout in awe of what I just did!

I was going to do some TJ Abs afterwards, but instead I did the Extended Stretch. I needed it and it felt good!

Vilma: You CC yesterday sounds like a good one! I've used a TM before and it's just not for me. I feel like a "hamster on it's wheel"! Even with good music. I think it's because I've always run outside, in and around the park. it's a big difference going inside to a TM. BC, another awesome workout!! I bet you sweat your buns off!! .... You have me wanting to get that Squeeze stronger workout Just for the abs!!! :eek:

Kathy: Hope you survived Disc 5 today! And your busy afternoon..!! :cool:

Ivy:
Oh! Sorry about the Zicam making you sick! ... I sucked on those things every 3 hours, and had no trouble. And I did make sure I had something in my stomach, like Beth said (she warned me on that when i first started). You also have to start them at the FIRST subtle sign of a cold for them to work. Your workout sounds good, in spite of you feeling crappy. I remember reading , as long as the "cold" is in your head and not your chest, it's ok to work out.

Beth: Oh no! Didn't you have trouble with your DVD player before? Sounds like it's time for a new one! ... Sounds like you could use the rest day from all the soreness and fatigue you've been having anyways. Next week will be good for you too. .... I started "Why We Suck"... he is too much! He is not afraid to drop names. Have you seen Denis Leary in "Rescue Me"? that is one of the BEST shows. It's on FX. I think it's starting in the spring. ... Yeah, Chalene's stretches are pretty quick on TJ too.

Joanne: Oh your weekend sounded horrible!! How is Caitlyn today? there's nothing worse than kid vomit everywhere. I'd have been in tears at that point if I were you. I totally understand about rather being at work.. Though my work entails alot of the same thing, I can't escape it! :confused: I'm sorry to hear about your son and soccer too. It's hard to FORCE them to do something that's supposed to be fun. But you paid all that money! Ugh. I'm glad you enjoyed Cathe today! LIS is a blast anyways!

I'm thinking of baking the boys' V-Day cookies today. Just in case they turn out crummy (no pun intended!). I'm attempting to make heart shaped black & white cookies....

And then tonight is my oldest son's Spaghetti Supper. He's in the Jazz Band and their helping set up and playing at it. So we're taking the other boys there for supper. I'm not really excited about eating there, but I'll have to figure something out....

Beth: Yup! I took Zicam on a full stomach. It was the flavor that I didn't like. I contacted Zicam and let them know and they were very happy to replace it for me for the Swap one instead. They told me to keep this one anyways, but I don't think I can take one anymore, yuck! But, it's helping me feel better though :) I took it 2 times. I didn't sleep well last night either. I kept waking up and taking a couple of mins of sleep. Hopefully I can sleep well tonight, and you too!

Vilma: Awesome workout! I haven't done Sqs in a WHILE. It's such an awesome workout! The Zicam is helping me, but the flavor of that tablet while it dissolves makes me want to puke it out.

Joanne: LOL!!! You are so funny!! It's not you guys fault the med tastes horrible. But, it does work!!! I will try the swap one better next time :) That's funny about your DH! LOL!! That's how I felt when I put that tablet in my mouth, LOL! Cool! We both did LIS today!

Chris: Awesome workout!!!! WTG! You're not alone! I didn't sleep well last night either. Hopefully we all can sleep good tonight. The Zicam didn't make me feel sick, but it was the flavor that made me want to trow up (while it was still in my mouth). I just wanted to spit it out. But, it helped my nose to get cleared and when I cough it sounds nice and clear :) At least it works!!

Thank you Chris! LOL! Now I want to make cookies again!! When you said you were making V-Day Cookies I thought of my delicious Chocolate Chips cookies, lol. I don't think it will be a bad idea to make them since I will start eating better on next Friday! I made my monthly cooking menu so that I eat healthy. So, I better enjoy those cookies before eating healthy, LOL!!!! Not that I will never have one ever again, but not as much as I will today:eek::eek:, lol!

Ivy, mmmmm, chocolate chip cookies! Good comfort food! Glad to hear the Zicam is helping - after your experience with it at least it's good to know it's working for you! Good customer service for them to replace it for you.

Chris, I hate getting the kids up for school too. Jameson has early mornings four days a week - Thursday is the only day he can sleep in till 7:30. Which means I have to get my workout in really early those days. He's in band and something called "Mathletes". I keep asking him for specifics, but he just tells, me, yea, there's some kind of competition we go to. OK, when and where?? The middle school provides us parents with way less info than the grade school. Plus, it helps if the kids actually give you the notes they bring home! How much weight are you lifting? You're making me want STS more and more! I think alot of the footage is actually the same within the cycles - just mixed up a bit with some new stuff added. So, you're probably seeing the same segment. I think pull downs are close enough to pull-ups. I still don't know how I'm going to do those. I'll probably try the door thing, but I'm afraid it'll come crashing down on me. DH would just love that! ;)

Caitlyn is back to herself. As icky as the medicine is, I think it helped her. She stayed home yesterday, but went back to school today. She was very excited to go back.

I need to be paying bills, but a quick check here. On the zicam -- I know they make a bunch of formats, but the lozengers that disolve oddly in your mouth are strange! I bought Cold-Eez last time I needed that kind of thing, and instead of being kind of powdery (I don't know how to describe that feeling!), it's more like a regular cough drop -- so, you may try that next time.

Yes, I need a new dvd player. Actually, Larry's thinking he will just buy a mac with a big monitor and we'll use that instead of the tv, since we have no tv connection anyway. And on that, I will look for the Dennis Leary show you mentioned, but it either has to be on hulu.com or netflix or we probably won't see it.

Chris, very cool about you going heavier with weights! Yes, the subsequent workouts in each meso (after the first week) are a lot like premixes, I've read. So, same footage -- could get old, I suppose......

I ended up stuck at school for quite a while this morning, so I think today will really be a rest day. I've absolutely got to go pay bills now!!!

-Beth

Well, ditch the Heart Shaped cookie idea!
13.gif

I made the dough and it was too sticky, I couldn't roll it out. Change of plans. They're going to be ROUND Black & Whte cookies!
3.gif

Ivy: wow, that is super cool Zicam will send you some new ones!

Joanne: I can't help but gush over STS. I really do love it. Some of the bigger weights I was lifting for example: 15 lbs for double tricep extensions!! 60 lbs for Back Rows! I was grimacing and grunting with that one! If I dont' feel that in my back tomorrow, there's something wrong with me....!!

Oh I get ya on no notes from Middle school. I get NOTHING from Zach. He just springs things on me. Gosh I hate that! Glad Caitlyn is back at school, as I'm sure you are....

Back to the cookies....

Last edited:
Joanne: I'm so glad to hear Caitlyn is doing really good now.

Chris: LOL! :)

Gotta get my DD from school. Then coming home to make those yummy cookies. DS is screaming right now cause he got stuck inside his blanket, lol.

Chris, those are some heavy weights! I'm so weak in the triceps - can't see myself ever doing 15's! Example of middle school surprises....I drop Jameson off at band practice Monday morning at 7:30 am....notice all the kids getting out of the cars are in dress pants. Jameson gets this panicked look on his face - OMG, mom, it's yearbook picture day - we're supposed to dress in our concert attire (black pants, white shirt, tie, etc.) Did they tell you about this? Um, yes, the note is in my backpack. Oh, good place for it!! So, I zoom back home like a maniac, grab the first pair of black pants I find and a wrinkled white shirt and zoom it back to him. He made the pictures, but he'll be the goofy kid in gym shoes, wrinkled with no tie! It was not a good start to the day for me!!

Ivy, Caitlyn does goofy stuff like that - getting stuck in the blanket and crying for help!

I want some cookies!!!!!!

Joanne

Joanne: I'll send you some cookies your way:D! I just finished a dozen of them and they look SO GOOD:eek:! I can't wait to eat them. Wish you were close by to give you some:)

Don't know if you guys will see this, but I have a middle school story.... even though I'm more than a year away. A meeting I was in at school this morning was about all kinds of issues, but there was quite a bit of talk about middle school. Well, I found out that in the 6th graders' first semester, they have something called "boot camp". It's not at all about exercising..... it's taught by a male teacher and it's all about being organized for middle school/high school/college....... One thing he does partyway through the year is "backpack check". He lines them all up and dumps out their backpacks and if it's a mess, they have to clean it up. Apparently he found 5 lunches in one kid's backpack one year!! I cannot wait for my kid to have this class..... a nagging mom is one thing, but a male teacher they like but respect? Awesome! The kid just might learn to throw out his trash once in a while..... (we joked that one of the items at the fund raising auction would be to have this teacher come to your house and make the kid clean his room, but too many of the moms admitted he wouldn't make it as far as the bedrooms before he started his routine).

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.