February CHECK IN :::> Tues. 24 <:::

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Tuesday Morning!

Hmmm what workout will I do today? LOL

I'm not really sure honestly as I've been trying to use my Cathe dvds that I haven't touched in awhile so that is to be determined soon :p

Or I may do one of my kettlebell workouts - decisions, decisions :rolleyes:

I'm guessing some if not most of you are still snug in your nice warm beds. I slept alright thankfully I woke dh up when I went into bed and had him put on his CPap it helps so much.

Time to get breakfast started.

Hope to BBL.

picture.php

Hey Vilma!
Hey Everyone!

9.gif

Just a quickie, I will catch up later after my workout. The boys are back at school, and it's so QUIET here! Nice!

I was debating on what cardio to do today. on Cathe's calendar is "Rhythmic Step" which I love!... But I also got Tracey Staehle's "Steady State Step" yesterday in the mail and am excited to do it. But I'm a little afraid I won't "get it" right away and might be standing there wiht my mouth wide open instead of moving ....

We'll see what I do when I get downstairs!

off I GO!

2.gif

BBL to catch up with yesterday....

Hiya Chris - Have a great workout which ever it is you do. Having a quiet house is nice isn't it? LOL Enjoy!

Well I hit a wall during my workout this morning :confused: I just couldn't get into the 3 dvds I tried so I ended up doing swings with my kettlebell but my body didn't want anymore of it after 15 m. :(

I had no idea what was going on so I looked at my calender ....some things going on that my body was trying to tell me.

1. I have not taken a rest day in 9 days :eek:
  2. My stomach is acting up again like a stomach upset w/ nausea
  3. Next week TOM is due to arrive
Aha! So I just put all my equipment away and decided to just take a walk around my neighborhood instead. Getting my peppermint tea ready to quell my stomach - oh well next time right? :confused:

Man I don't even remember when I hit a wall last or if I ever did but all of a sudden I felt I was standing in cement and just couldn't push it .

Anyone ever felt that? It is so weird for me as I was gun ho about doing Newport (an AOS kettlebell dvd)

picture.php

Good morning! Slight DOMs finally set in my chest and the backs of my shoulders late last night and this morning -- not bad though. Today, on the other hand, I'm having IMS -- instant muscle soreness! Wow, that back and tricep work seemed tough for me. Also, I couldn't do a lot of what my target weight wanted me to do -- I just couldn't keep good form, so I went down on quite a lot (mostly triceps). I also pulled out my unused non-latex Cathe bands and that was so tough. So tough, in fact, I wasn't sure it was really effective, so partway through I switched to something I could actually pull! :D

I'm curious to hear what workouts you ladies did. Chris, I remember seeing rhythmic step on Cathe's rotation -- I wrote down step blast for that day, because I'm not really a fan of rs, if I remember correctly. That's the old one, right? I'm so lame -- I just can't get past those old clothes and hairstyles.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! We get Gina back from "boarding school" today! Yipeee......

-Beth

Hi ladies!

Yea Ivy!! So excited you ordered! Yes, please PM me your list of DVDs. How responsible of you to try to make up the money to pay for STS. Great idea. I need to go through my DVDs and put some on ebay. I have P90X which I have never used and probably never will. Anyway, when do you plan to start STS? Did you do any 1RM yet? I'll probably start in the beginning of April. Maybe sooner if I hate the Lean phase of CLX!

Beth, I think it's cool that you have no TV. It's on way too much at our house. DH is probably the worst culprit. I never watch anything when it's actually on - I DVR a few shows and watch it at night when everyone is in bed. I usually last about 20 minutes before I pass out! We had no TV for about two weeks about two years ago when we redid our basement. It was actually really nice. Had to be more creative about finding ways to occupy your time. Glad to hear the DOMS is settling in! I know, that sounds weird! Did you have Gina boarded while you were away? We've boarded Tully a few times - boy is she one excited dog when we pick her up!

Vilma, sounds like you definitely need a rest day or two. Somedays you just can't get into it and it's time to call it a day!

Chris, if I remember right, you don't like complicated choreography too much, right? Just a warning, you might get a bit frustrated with Steady State Step. I think I only tried it once. I don't think it's too complicated, but the camera angles are weird sometimes and it makes it hard to follow along. I might just have been having a bad day though!

Today I decided to do the leg workout from the Results 10 Days to a Better Body DVD. It's 30 minutes alternating one minute of cardio with one minute of legs. It was really good. Then I did some 1RM. I did almost all of the ones from Disc 1. Tomorrow I'll do Disc 2 and go on from there. I'm not sure I did some of them right, but oh well! I think I might be sore tomorrow.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey again!

Well, I initially put in Steady State Step, did the warm-up, and then thankfully (I guess), she started doing moves with your back to the TV right away, and I figured this one would take more than "jumping right into it". So I changed the DVD to Rhythmic Step, after the warm-up. That workout is fun EVERY time, it's so dancy and I feel so coordinated when I do it! And I'm thinking if I learned this one and can do it all, I'll get SSS, I'll just have to work on it. I also did Abs Circuit: Stability Ball Abs. I liked it alot! I did everything BUT the one legged pikes. I really liked the way she took breaks for wrist stretching. that made a big difference in my endurance for the prone ball work.

Vilma: I think I hit that wall once before, MAYBE twice. i started doing workouts, and after putting in a few, I was SO not into it , I couldn't bring myself to do anything! it scared me at first, like I was broken or something, and working out was over! LOL! I think you hit the nail on the head with ALL the reasons you just mentioned!! The walk sounds great, and maybe a stretch if you have time. .... Hey, no worries on not having STS (yet or ever). The talk and hype is hard to hear (though I do love it). But it's something you can work up to getting someday. It will be wicked cool to start CLX!! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it and Chalene.

Beth: YAY for DOMS! I was a bit surprised to hear you didn't have any from Disc 1. that one blew me away when I did it! Were you struggling on the last few reps? I think 1RM's are so hard to figure out for some, and aren't entirely accurate, i swear. Glad to hear you felt DISC 2 today, though! .... Weird for me, my SHOULDERS are having some major DOMS this week from yesterdays CSB's. It seems every week it hits a different body part! LOL! ... RS isn't WICKED old. It's not too retro as far as outfits and hairstyles. The moves are complicated though, you have to really "get them" to do the whole thing.

Joanne: Good plan for the week, working on some cardio and 1RMs. you're feeling better then? I shook my head when I read about people getting DOMS from 1RM's, until it happened to me! I felt it way more than I expected to. that Circuit Leg workout you did today sounds very cool! ... Yeah, I think I'm going to have to watch and learn SSS before I get good at it. I couldn't resist buying it though. Tracey's Website has all her DVD's for 9.95 with the coupon code "yaya" ! I got SSS and Kickboxing Challenge !!

Ivy: So cool you have STS coming!!! You won't regret it, I swear. it's VERY VERY cool . And all the support and information online makes it even better I think. That's very smart to sell some of your DVD's to help pay for it! good thinking!

I better get going. I have grocery shopping and banking to do. Finally can go out without boys with me!! :eek:

Taking a quick work break. Yes, we did board Gina -- the trainer Larry was taking her to actually does this combination boarding & training, which is why I called it "boarding school". We are hoping to have a better behaved dog today. She's not bad, really -- I think it's the humans who need training in our house!!!

Chris, maybe one reason I didn't feel the DOMs so much from the last one is that I had skipped a bunch of shoulder 1RMs because of all the shoulder work in CLX, and I hadn't printed an updated workout card, so some of them I had done were missing. Apparently I went a bit light! My bicep and chest work seemed to be a bit more on track than I was today -- it just seemed really tough for me today -- maybe just my triceps, though I did go a little lighter on some of the back work, too. I was definitely failing toward the end of the rep counts!

Joanne, you never did any of the P90X at all? You're funny!

Is everyone joining twitter to follow Cathe? I have to figure out if it's worth it -- I seem to have enough distractions these days, you know?

-Beth

Chris, yes, I'm definitely feeling better today. Still a bit stuffy, but the yucky exhausted feeling is gone. Starting out with your back to the TV is not good! I can see how you'd move on to something else. I think I may try Rythmic Step tomorrow. I'm trying to think of a good steady state cardio to do. My cardio endurance was really down today. I think it's a combination of being sick and really not doing much cardio during the last two weeks doing the Push phase of CLX. Hope you are enjoying your shopping on your own!!

Beth, I know - P90X is not the only DVDs I bought and have never done. Those were the biggest investment, though, and are still sitting on my closet floor. The biggest thing was I didn't have a pull-up bar and couldn't figure out how to make the bands work in a door. And, was afraid of breaking a door! I ordered a door attachment thing to use with STS - we'll see how that works out. If you don't hear from me in awhile it means my DH killed me for pulling the door off the hinges doing pull-downs! ;) No, I'm not joining Twitter - I'm with you - I have too many other distractions - don't need another time sucker!

Have a meeting to go to - ugh!...

Joanne

Hey Again!

Dinner is done, I'm sitting with my peppermint tea, until Homework time :confused: (Vilma, you must have put the idea of peppermint tea in my head!)

Beth: Hope Gina is all 'trained' now! I bet she's so happy to see you guys though. I really do think the 1RM's were a big factor in me pushing myself and picking heavier weights. Sometimes they were TOO heavy, but I'd always go heavier than i would think. There are some exercises I never did 1RM's on too and they pop up and i'm kind of lost! Mostly like the 21's. .... No , I'm thinking I'm still figuring out FB and kind of resistant to "new technology", so I'm not going to do Twitter (which I'm not really sure what the heck that is!). I did sign up as Cathe Fan on FB though!

Joanne:
WOW! I can't believe you have p90X!!! I was so debating on getting that, until Cathe started taking about STS, and it sounded kind of similar. And I do like Cathe much better than Tony. I have some P90 stuff, and he's just so cut and dry , and his cardio I found boring. (Though he is funny and like-able).

Off to be Homework Nazi!

Goodevening Amigas!

Well, it's been a busy day for me today. And now I'm exhausted! Today I went to the Y and took a cardio kickboxing class and it was fun! I'm going to feel this tomorrow in my arms. I just hope I won't be too sore so that I can do my 1RM. I told DH today that I bought STS yesterday and he FREAKED OUT:mad:! LOL!! He got so upset talking about that it's too expensive and I have tons of dvds:rolleyes:, etc... SO, I told him I don't care, it's my money:mad: and it's my B-day present from me:mad:! Plus, I'm selling like 80% of my DVDs for crying out loud:eek:! So, now he's happy and I'm HAPPY!!!!! LOL!! The end.

Vilma: Sorry to hear your feeling that way. I don't know if I ever felt that way before. Are you having a rest day soon? 9 days without a rest day is a long time. Great workout today!

Beth: Great workout today! I think I will follow Cathe on Facebook better. I just would hate to keep jumping from one site to the other and stuff.

Joanne: I will start my 1RM tomorrow if possible. I hoping to get it done before Saturday so that I can start STS on Monday. I cannot wait for that package to arrive!!!!! I ordered P90X and I just couldn't get myself into it. It seemed...boring:confused:! So, I returned it to Beachbody, which I think the smartest thing to do was to sell it independently. Great workout today! I still haven't tried that workout. It's still seating there, lol.

Chris: Awesome workout today! RS is so much fun!! I wish Cathe would make more workouts like that. It's dancy and I love that. Oh no! Steady State Step's filming sucks!! The camera goes everywhere. I never got myself to do it because that camera moved to much and I just couldn't see them at all. I sold that dvd. I'm super excited about STS! Do you know if she repeats everything on ALL 40 DVDs??? I've heard people say that she repeats the same workouts, but adds like premixes in between or something.

Well, So far I've sold over 20 dvds!! YAY:D!!! Hopefully I sell more soon. I'm off to watch the Biggest Loser!! Hope everyone has a great night! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.