FEBRUARY CHECK IN ~*~ Pre.Valentine Friday 13 ~*~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hey All!

Just getting this ball rollin'

Hope you all are doing well and that I didn't miss much yesterday. Although I did browse fairly quickly yesterday's post.

Hottie have fun visiting your family back 'home' and getting in touch w/ your former HS teacher Cedie :)

Beth well enjoy a possible snow day :)

Chris gotta love Godiva chocolates - I wonder if I'll be getting anything since I've been quite snarky ok ok quite bitchy over here lately. Would it hurt these guys to pick up after themselves - just once ? Gah

Joanne glad your Caitlyn is well enough to go back to school

Yesterday I did the LIS/HIS double cardio premix w/ my ETK

Today I have plans for LIC.

Not much going on here except the usual everyday craziness of taking care of house & home.

Hubby 's hours are changing so he was off yesterday until this coming Tuesday morning.

Wow having to share our king size bed at night is going to have some getting used to - I swear our bed feels smaller to me since I can't no longer sprawl all over it at night. :eek:

Well Y'all have a Good one - ya hear?
LMAO :p

picture.php

Hi ladies..

Vilma: I know what you mean about the bed. When hubby is out of town on business it is so nice to spread out on the entire bed...Have a great workout!!

Today is Disc 6 Legs and pilates abs..I am curious about the ab workout..I like pilates..

Talk to you later..

Vilma, your picking up after themselves comment is so appropriate this morning! I walked over to Larry's laptop, which lives on the kitchen table! -- and he left his dessert plate, milk glass, and even wine glass just sitting here!!! I had that thought before I even read your post.

Well, I am officially not a fan of the lean phase!!! I was wrong about duplicating the back work -- she did basically two days of shoulders!!! There was a little back work the other day, and today there was some chest work, and I suppose a trained trainer may tell me that she worked different areas of the shoulder for 2 vs. 3, but to me they both seemed like shoulder work and this morning my shoulders were about to sprout their own pair of little eyes so they could cry! And this is not a good thing!!! I don't know if I'll do lean again, to be honest. Seems like there's just too much potential for injury. But hey, for those of you who are thinking about getting clx, I thought maybe I could start a sisters of the traveling dvds club. I have a friend coming from SF tomorrow who I'm going to offer to loan clx to, but if she doesn't want to borrow it (and she's not a fan of heavy, so I give that a fairly high likelihood), I'll mail it to Vilma or Chris, and then you can mail it to each other or back to me. I'd like it back eventually for push and burn, but since I'm starting sts I don't need it any time soon. On that note, probably Vilma is best to get it first since Chris is doing sts. Ivy/Kathy, you're certainly welcome to join in this too, but I can't remember you guys being all that interested in it. I mostly remember Chris and Vilma being close to ordering. I may want to figure out a better shipping strategy, since bb seemed to have so many damaged discs with their packaging (but maybe that happened during packaging and not shipping, who knows).

It's still too dark to know if we have snow --- we never have it stick here at my house, but just up the driveway about a half mile it does, and once it's light I can see it on the hills across the way (if it has snowed). Going to be an interesting day! (only because if it is a snow day I still have to somehow get to work to meet with an accountant).

Happy Friday!!!! Chris, OSIF!!!

-Beth

Happy Friday - to all but Chris! ;)

Hottie, wow, how awesome! To take a class with Cathe and meet Cedie again. Very, very cool. Yes, DETAILS, DETAILS!!!!

Beth, I haven't heard too much about the Lean phase. Kind of dissapointing. I'm determined to finish out four weeks of Push, then move on to Lean. She does do alot of shoulder work. Do you go as heavy in Lean as in Burn? How nice of you to offer to lend it out! How's the snow coming? Your kids must get so excited when it snows there. Yea, 4-5 inches for us in nothing!! We need a good foot or two to even consider a snow day!

Vilma, I'm in the same boat as you. I've been a bit cranky, but DH has been twice as cranky, but of course he doesn't see it that way! We have no plans for tomorrow - I'm going to get him a valentine and either make a nice dinner or try to go out.

Kathy, come back and tell us about disk 6! I think I'm mostly interested in STS for the leg workouts. They sound great.

Another crazy morning. Get Jameson to band practice. Bright and early. Get a message from him all frantic that he forgot his clarinet. Grab it, race back to the school and back home again to get to work on time.

Turns out Caitlyn had strep throat so it's a good thing we had her on the antibiotic.

Today are all the Valentine parties at school. We're not allowed to bring any baked goods. Everything has to be store bought (ick!) and they can't eat any of the sweets during the class. All the treats at the party have to be healthy. I suppose it's a good thing, but I think it takes some of the fun out of it. Oh well, they'll have plenty of candy to bring home, I'm sure.

Today's workout was Push 3. I definitely need to get another 25 pound dumbbell. I actually did the bench press with 20 pound dumbbells! That's big for me! I'm thinking about using the treadmill during lunch but I also need to go get the kids some valentine gifts.

Have a good day all...

Joanne

Hey you guys!

I was so damn tired last night. Wow. And slept like crapola because we had WICKED winds and things were blowing around, AND found out one of my sons had left his window a little open, and the blinds were rattling (at 4 AM!). I was afraid out outdoor table would take flight, but it didn't. Instead, out chimney cover blew off.

We're actually celebrating V-Day today at our house. I baked brownies for DH and going to frost and decorate them. I'm also about to get in the kitchen and make him some Glumpki (his FAVORITE) for supper. I got the boys Heart shaped boxes of candy (Pot of Gold). They begged me for it, they're always so jealous of MY box! LOL!

So I cranked out STS: DISC 6: LEGS. :eek: I just love that the exercises go so quickly. There were a few different, and a few the same. As soon as I started doing the workout, it was like my legs REMEMBERED the DOMS from last week! Really fun stuff though, love the plate work (struggled with them), low lunge stuff on the step, Hey..there were even band step ups (but only 4 risers!). I did the BONUS band work at the end too. OMG, LOVE the band work on the chair...how very cool! My left inner thigh is really smarts though, and I had to leave out the inner thigh lifts on that side at the end. ... I plan on doing a big stretch after I finish in the kitchen.

Kathy: How did you like it? I LOVED the PILATES ABS! Finally , i could do an ENTIRE ab workout... ALL the exercises (modified the side plank thing though). And they're good ones!!

Vilma: Oh my life is filled with "reminding" all my boys to PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF! It drives me wild. And yes, I love having our King Sized Waterbed to myself when hubby works at night. VERY spoiled! It sounds like yoi're getting into Cathe a bit, huh? Loving the sound of your workouts. Plus you do your KB's!

Beth: Ohhhhhh... That shoulder work sounds painful! that's not good! You are a SWEETHEART to offer to let us borrow CLX! I am doing STS now, so maybe when I'm done? Or then you might be back with them. We'll see...But I so appreciated the offer! And I'll talk to you after STS about it, if you're still willing. ... And yeah, I'm not feeling too badly about your 4 inches....LOL!! The kids must love it there though!?!

Joanne: It's not so much OSIF, because I'm looking forward to our V-Day celebration today! The boys are off on a "WINTER BREAK" next week, so I have an entire week with them! I do have a few things planned that we can do, so i'm half looking forward to it. That is crazy about the treats for Valentine's Day. why do they want STORE bought stuff? That's weird. I know when Zach (my son with diabetes) was in elementary school, I did dread all the treats at the holidays, because his sugar would go crazy. So I kind of understand the healthy trend. But it is fun to bake (which I did) for their parties. They get so excited! Good call on starting Caitlyn on antibiotics! How is she feeling? .... YOu are lifting HEAVY there too! You go, Joanne!!!

Okay, off to slave in the kitchen!!!
BBL!

HOLA!!

Today I went grocery shopping on base and I feel GREAT today!! I'm starting to feel like myself again! YAY!! Also, I'm so proud of myself because I decided to buy only healthy/good stuff for the whole month ( I had a planned monthly meal from the cookbook Eating for Life) and I didn't even buy junk food today, YAY!! My fridge is looking healthy, lol! Let's see how it goes though with the budget and stuff.

Vilma: Great workout yesterday! I hope you enjoy your workout today! LIC is fun! We missed you yesterday :)

Kathy: Enjoy your workout today!

Beth: Sorry you didn't enjoy Lean Phase much. Thank you for the offering me to loan CLX. Once Vilma and Chris try it out I'll let you know if I'm interested. I know I was thinking of buying it but then when I heard so many people didn't like it or it wasn't what they expected, then I didn't go for it. :) Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the day! P.S. Did you finish doing CLX the whole program the way it's supposed to be already?

Joanne: Great workout today!

Chris: Great workout today with STS! Did you try the brownie to make sure it wasn't poisoned too? LOL!!! I'm just joking with you. Trying to make you laugh :) Can you believe I'm almost done with the cookies I baked the other day and I've been the ONLY one who has eaten them!!! I got about 6 left and they will be for me, LOL!

Well, I'm off to clean the kitchen. I hope you all have a wonderful day!! I might take Zumba class today at the Y! Still not sure because I just don't like going by myself, lol! But, maybe I won't go because DD has a competition tomorrow and we have to get up at 5am and that won't be over till 12pm!!!! And it's an hour away. We are going to be tired tomorrow, lol. Enjoy your day! :)

Hi ladies..

Just finished up with Disc 6 legs..Loved it again...It was tough though..Alot of low end pulses which I find challenging..I made it through and did the pilates abs..I like this one the best so far..

Chris: I am still loving STS!! I too liked the pilates abs and could actually do it..LOL!! It was tough. I modified that side plank too.. I really felt it too..I did the bonus stuff too. I really liked it..My band is new so it is oh so tight. So, I really felt those firewalkers and the bonus leg moves!!Ouch!! Love firewalkers though. I love that I feel right where they are working..Still had trouble with the wall/stability ball sits. I don't think I was 90 degrees!! Yikes!! Enjoy your v-day evening!!

Joanne: I hope Caitlyn is over that strep soon. Poor thing. Hugs to her!! STS is still amazing..The leg workouts are super!! I have done the first 2 weeks and I love how my muscles are feeling. And I am not a big fan of weight work. I would much rather do cardio. Now, when we get to phase 3 and lifting heavy. I may change my mind LOL!!

Beth: Thanks for the offer of the DVDs..RIght now you are right, I am focused on STS. But, maybe in the future I could take you up on that??!!

Ivy: Glad you are starting to feel better..What kind of workout is Zumba? Don't think I have seen it before.. I am trying to stay away from the junk food at the grocery store too..I love when I could eat tons of it and don't have it at home. I feel so much better..I try to bake things and make them healthier..That way if I eat it at least it isn't as bad as it could have been..LOL.

Anyway, gotta get lunch comsumed..Finished up my taxes and e-filed them..So, glad..Federal has accepted now waiting for the state taxes to be accepted..Great news!!

Talk to you later..

Ivy, so glad to hear you are feeling better. WTG on the healthy food! Cookies would never last that long in my house! What kind of competition does your DD have?

Chris, I had an unsettling night, too. Ian has a bunch of "collectibles" on his little shelf at the end of his bed. Including rocks, coins, god knows what else! Well, he somehow knocked a bunch of stuff off his bed last night at about 3:00. He's on the top bunk, so it made quite a noise. For a second I actually had a terrifying thought that someone had broken in the house. I went downstairs and there he was cleaning everything up. I asked him what he was doing and he said "sleeping." I have to ask him if he even remembers. Took me awhile to get back to sleep after that. Mmmm, frosted brownies are the best! I have to ask...what is glompki? I was thisclose to ordering STS today after reading your legs report! But, I figured I'm not planning to start till early April, so I should wait.

I only share the bed with DH two nights a week. I hate to say it, but I love it! I don't sleep well when he's there cause I'm not used to him being there and he snores like nobody's business!

Have to run out and get valentine stuff...

Joanne

You guys are so funny..... let's see if I can remember all I want to comment on. Joanne, how does one forget a clarinet when one is leaving the house extra early for the purpose of going to band practice?! :D That would happen to me!! Oh, and the noise in the middle of the night -- I've had that with Travis and junk on his shelf, and it is wicked scary and so hard to get back to sleep afterward! I do not get the store-bought goods only! Does that mean you can bring in store-bought cookies? Seems like problems for peanut allergies anyway!

Kathy, are you using one of Cathe's new bands that are not very stretchy? If so, which color are you using? I haven't even unpacked mine from the road trip because they seemed so tight they scared me. Did I tell you that at breakfast I was sitting at a table behind Cedie, Jai, and Lorrayne and even the three of them were complaining about how tough the new bands are?!

I love hearing your description of STS -- can't wait, as I've mentioned. :p I was afraid to try the pilates abs because I thought it would be even tougher, but it's doable, Chris?

Chris, we had a windy, stormy night too, but nothing down in the streets fortunately (this time of year it pays to carry some sort of saw with you because you never know when there might be a tree down on the road!). We did not have snow! After all that.... it looks like a very light dusting way up high is all, though down here at work the surrounding hills have a fair bit of snow. You just never know, I guess.....

Ivy, have fun with that zumba -- I"ve never done it but I've heard it's really fun.

-Beth

I don't quite get the logic behind the store-bought only policy either. I believe it has to do with allergies, though. I guess supposedly you can be sure something is peanut free if it's store bought. The boy who sits next to Caitlyn has a severe peanut allergy. I have to be careful what snack I send her to school with.

Yea, I don't know how you forget a clarinet when you're going to practice with it!! The worst part was, he pulled a t-shirt for a play he is in out of his backpack and laid it on top of the clarinet when he was leaving! I didn't realize this, of course, until I had to find it and bring it to him. Poor kid is going to be at school till 8:00 tonight. They have a charity volleyball game between the students and teachers to raise money for Make-A-Wish. The band is playing at it and they have practice after school until it starts at 6:00, then stay until it's over at 8:00. I'm taking the kids after I get home from work.

I found out last night that our neighbor is sleeping over tonight. Which is fine, but I wish someone would have told me sooner. The house is a mess, not that a 10 year old cares, but still. Colin just happened to mention it. So, no workout for me in the morning. Wouldn't want to traumatize the poor kid!! Colin and him are great buddies, so I'm sure they'll have fun. His sister is having a sleepover and I guess she wanted him out of the house!

OK, now I'm really going out to get those Valentines! The lunch hour rush should be over...

Joanne

Kathy: WTG on STS Disk 6!!! This is what Zumba is all about http://www.zumba.com/us/. It looks like a lot of fun and I've heard so many positive things about the class. I'm also trying not to have junk food in my house no more because if it's here I WILL EAT IT, LOL!! I told DH not to buy a bag of chips today and he bought a big one, but good thing he bought one that I didn't like :)

Joanne: The cookies are all gone! LOL!! I just ate the last 6, lol. Thank goodness they are gone though :) My DD has an Odyssey of the Mind competition tomorrow. She is doing a play :) I can't wait!

Beth: I'm actually kind of nervous going for the Zumba class today because I don't know how it is and I don't know ANYONE, LOL! I think I will wait till my neighbor is feeling better. She is going to the Y with me too.

Hope you all have a good day! :)

Yoga

Well, I called the Y and they said Zumba will not be on today because they are having a Father and Daughter dance (how cute!). So, I decided to do Namaste Yoga "Dancing Sun." It was a great 20 min workout. My kids were fighting the first 3 mins of it and then I burst:mad:! (They ALWAYS fight when I do Yoga) I sent them to go each their way so that I can finish cause I can't focus when they are fighting right in my yoga session. DS (who's 2) decided to stop fighting and do 5 mins of Yoga with me and I thought that was so cute. He actually was doing some Upward Dogs and Cat Lifts and stuff. Too cute! Well, I'm off for a shower and to relax.

Goodnight everyone! Enjoy your Friday:cool:

Beth: Yes, I am using the bands I bought off Cathe's site. They are TIGHT...I generally use the pink/light one...But, for legs I use the green/medium..My legs are stronger and can do the green. I felt wimpy using the pink after using a medium green before. But, the other one I had was not as tight as even the pink one. I hate to buy new ones. I am hoping the more I use them the better they will get..That is interesting that the girls were commenting on the bands being tight. When you watch them, they seem to do the band work without effort. And cool you were behind them at breakfast..Are you going to sign up for this year's road trip?

Oh and Cathe tv is up for STS..I watched today's segment..Good stuff..

Last edited:
Ivy: Thanks for the link..Sounds like a dance cardio aerobic workout. Sounds fun..Let us know how you like it when you get to go. Sorry it was cancelled tonight. Good thing the bag of chips will not be calling your name. I do without chips..it is ice cream I get crazy over..

OK, I'm back. $55 poorer and Valentines bought! Well, I guess $55 for five people isn't too bad? I found these cute little glass bears that I think the kids will like. And, some candy of course.

Well, I did it. I ordered STS!!!! Yea!!!! I'm still planning on finishing at least the Push phase of CLX. I'll try the Lean and see how I like it. I may just do some of the STS leg workouts during CLX. My legs can always use some extra work!

Ivy, it's so cute when the kids try to workout with you. Caitlyn has these little one pound weights that she'll use. She used to get up super early, but lately I have to drag her out of bed, so I've actually be able to workout alone for quite awhile!

Kathy, are those the long bands you are using? I have a few that came with various DVDs! Green, blue and pink, I think. I'm excited to try out the band work!

OK, think I'm signing off for the day! Have a great weekend all!

Joanne

Hi!
loveshower.gif

I got the Glumpki made and in the oven!! (Joanne...Glumpki is Polish for stuffed cabbage. I use 93% hamburg, brown rice, onion, flavorings and roll it up with cabbage and bake for 3-4 hours w/ a ketchup sauce... OMG..so good! And really kind of healthy! It's my mom's recipe). THey smell wonderful! :p

So the chocolate fest has begun! My boys brought home leftover cookies, and I went ballistic (I needed to taste more to make sure no one had a poison one at school, Ivy! ;)). And then.... I frosted Greg's brownies, and .... the frosting found it's way into ME!
25r30wi.gif
. Now wait , I'm going to have a tummy ache, and I'll get my Godiva's and go "nahhhhh... not needing those at this time!" Oh boy!

Ivy: GOOD for you for finishing up those dang cookies (I noticed you didn't share ;)) and buying healthy today. The things I have that are "un"healthy are put out of sight for the boys. It's the weekends that kill me, but that's another story. What a great idea to plan out your meals! OH I've heard of Zumba too! But it has to do with dance and rhythm (and it's not Step) than I'm out!

Beth: I can not wait until you start STS too! Damnit woman, stay home from skiiing and start next week!!! I know you will love the legs. And YES! The Pilates is MUCH easier than Yoga Abs. Weird, huh? You'd think the opposite. I have a hard time with side planks due to my shoulders. (she only did that once at the end). Well at least the snow is pretty to look at, Beth...I bet your view of the mountains is gorgeous!

Joanne: I'm so grateful they don't have that peanut thing at the boys' school. Because Jake only eats PB sandwiches when he doesn't like the hot meal. And no peanut allergies in their classes either. LOL @ tramatizing Colin's sleepover friend by working out! I know what you mean. I wouldn't work out if Zach's friends were over either. Seeing someone's MOM in EXERCISE GEAR and jumping around... I think that is tramatization for a pre-teen/teen! :eek:

Gotta go wake up my Valentine
inlove2.gif
.... He's still snoozing.

Oh I did do the Extended Stretch this afternoon. It felt great! My body was so tight! This week my hips have been achey, especially while I'm sleeping (what does that mean? something deadly?)....

Oh more!

Ivy: The Yoga sounds nice, but the kids were in the room with you? They don't have a "daycare" thingie at the Y? Cute that your 2 yr old son did some Yoga, though!!!

Joanne:!!!! OMG , I am FLOORED you bought STS!!! WOO HOO! I'm so exited!!

Okay..outtahere... it think...unless you guys type MORE!!

OSIF!! It may be for me more than Chris since I have to do a lot before a long flight. Including finding benadryl (it's the only nonprescription thing that makes me drowsy/sleepy). Short personals today as I still have to crank out more stuff before lab meeting!

Vilma -- have fun with LIC! I have a distinct feeling I'm going to have a lot of LIC premixes for another 2-3 weeks until the low impact restrictions go away. That's funny about the bed...I feel weird if its empty and he's supposed to be there but when I know he's not supposed to be, I'm fine...

Kathy -- I can't do pilates for the life of me. I'm trying but part of the problem is that I think my back has a weird inward bump and unless the mat is really thick it HURTS doing a lot of the work on my back. But I just got an extra thick mat off of craigslist and its helped big time!

Beth -- snow...man, I think I may see real snow this weekend. It's been annoying -- I think you asked how cold it gets in my non-temperature controlled apartment in the morning. It's in the 50s on its worst days which I know isn't terribly cold but I think it is for indoors. I never had the thermostat below 65 when I lived on the east coast. But its been cold and rainy in LA too...it usually rains just when I have to go outside between buildings and don't have a cap for my head. But I've accepted this as God telling me something, I just don't know what...

Joanne -- I HATE strep throat. Just hate it. And I know exactly how it feels now so I'm grumpy even before it gets full blown. I get it almost always from flying so I'm extra worried about the next couple days. I'm glad she's doing better...

Chris- omg, i'm just scared thinking about cathe legs workouts! But it sounds like you had a fun time and you have a lot to look forward to! I like homemade stuff a lot though I must admit, I'm convinced some of the store stuff has crack in it (or HFCS) and it makes me crave it!

Ivy -- Zumba is DA THANG right now LA. Every hot health club has it. USC has a class that I want to drop by on.

Ok, back to the bench!

Kathy: Oh! I got Ice Cream here and Cones!!!! YUM! But, it's Vanilla and I'm not crazy for Vanilla. I like it but it's not something that calls my name:eek:, lol!!!

Joanne: YAY:D:D!!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think of STS!!!! My DS has 1 lb weights and he uses them too when I workout :)

Chris: Yum!!! That Glumpki sounds yummy!!! LOL!!!!!! You had me laughing so hard when you said you taste your boys cookies from school to make sure they aren't poison! LOL!!! Yup! I ate every cookie I made. Now I wonder how many calories I ate *Gulp*:confused:. I decided that on Friday and Saturday I will eat what I'd like, but I will try to not eat too many calories. Ohh, the Yoga I did here in my house. I didn't go to the Y today.

Hottie: My aunt tried the class and she loves it. Ok, I'm lost, but what does OSIF mean? LOL!!!

Well, going to eat me some Pizza :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.