FEBRUARY CHECK IN ~*~ Friday 27 ~*~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Getting this thread started.

I hope you are all doing well.

I think I will take another rest day today as I still feel a bit woozy but a whole lot better than yesterday.

I don't have much time for personals right now as I need to get my sleepy kids moving so I'll BBL.

We went to visit our Silver at the vet's yesterday and poor thing pulled out his catheter so he had to go through that procedure again. He still is acting sick but he's on the mend thank goodness. Our vet told us that these urinary issues of blockage almost always happen to male cats.

I'll be going by today to groom him as he has on this collar that does not allow him to and he's looking scruffy lol.

BBL.....

Good morning Vilma, and all! Happy Friday (OSIF!)! Vilma, I think a rest day would do you good. Hope Silver keeps that catheter in this time!!

I decided I wanted to do a run tomorrow morning (I can't run outside during the week because it's too dark, but I can go a little later on the weekends) so I did an hour of yoga this morning and I think it was just what the dr. ordered! I may make my week that way for a while -- a run on Sat., CST STS on Sunday, cardio Monday, BT STS on Tuesday, cardio Wed., STS legs on Thurs., yoga Friday, repeat..... we'll see, but I really liked the way that felt this week.

We got through yesterday without much grumpiness, amazingly, and I had wanted us all to go to bed early last night. Before I knew it, it was 9:00 and everyone was still wide awake! Yikes! So, I expect some issues this evening! :confused:

Chris, I know what you mean about working hard with STS, wanting to see the results, so using that for motivation to fix the eating. So far, so good on my part. I really need to get to the grocery store today to replenish fruits & veggies, and I'm not sure I'm going to have time!!!

Have a great day!

-Beth

Good morning ladies..

Vilma: I hope your cat is on the mend. Poor thing!! Enjoy your rest day..

Today's workout is the last one of Mesocycle 1..Disc 12 Legs..Oh I am not ready to be sore like last weekend..How are your sore muscles Chris? I can feel my back a little ..But, I wasn't too sore...

Ok, gotta get our school lessons done so that I can get to that workout. Then, later I have some housecleaning to do!!!

Talk to you later.

Hi Beth: Sounds like a great plan for your workout week. I often add stretching or yoga to that rest day!! Have a great run tomorrow..

Hey Girls!!

127fs1601347.gif
<--------I totally feel like that old lady!

I did DISC 12 this morning, and I had the hardest time. My lower body is shot, it's soooooo wanting that rest week. I did complete the entire thing. And even did the Bonus (well, what I could do), which was my favorite and yours: Stability Ball legs!
220.gif
Kathy!!!!...were you able to catch the ball for inner thigh work? Holy crap, i was like, What other crazy things can you think of to do with this ball, Cathe???

I did GS: LEGS stretch afterwards.

It's funny , I was a little leary about a rest week next week (after JUST 4 weeks, i was thinking?), but my body is totally ready for it!

Vilma: Hope Silver does better today! You are too sweet to go down there to groom him!! He's got the best mommy! You take care and get yourself better! Drink lots of nice healing teas....

Beth:
Are you legs talking to you today? I read that you started to feel them last night. How's the toilet sitting going?
25r30wi.gif
I only laugh, because I've BTDT!! (And will probably be doing THAT again tomorrow). Yes, I'm off to the store for good food too. I did EXCEPTIONALLY well this week with my eating, but now comes the weekend. :confused:

Kathy: Like i said, my legs are just so tired. I couldn't really do the one-legged sit and stands so great. I ended up with my heal on the floor for 99% of them. I whined a LOT and even got mad at Cathe when she made a "funny" remark. LOL!! LIke how could she joke at a time like this! How did you do?? I'm curious. My upper body is doing okay, today. But like i said, I'm really looking forward to "rest" next week. I think I'll do stretching, short cardios, maybe walks if the weather is nice, and I want to try to learn Tracey's Steady State Step and her Kickbox DVD.

Ivy: Did I read right? Did you get STS? Do tell!

dancegirl2.gif
to Joanne when you get here!!

Hi ladies. Can I just say you all really brighten up my day? :) I love reading about your days and workouts, and Chris, thanks for my special smilie lady!

Well, more parent issues. My mom has had this stomach flu thing. She was really bad last night. She's calling her doctor this morning and most likely will be going to the emergency room. She's diabetic, so that complicates things. Of course, that leaves my dad alone. So, I'm at work now, but will probably be leaving soon to either go with her to the ER or to stay with my dad once the caretaker leaves at 1:00. It's weird - my dad had it for like a half day and she's going on five days now. Tonight is the first night of Jameson's play at the middle school. He's a townsperson in Oliver. I just can't miss it - he would be so dissapointed. He's also performing tomorrow. If my mom is admitted, I'm not sure how we're going to swing all this. I just hope she's OK. She's under so much stress with my dad and can't take of herself. Sorry for the downer again - that's why I started out telling you all how you brighten my day. I was really upset, came here and saw my friends and felt a bit better!

Beth, that sounds like a good STS schedule. I'm going to try Lean next week - if I don't like it, I'll start STS. I just feel like I investing so much time and $ into CLX - I want to at least try all the phases. How's Larry's eye? Hope you can all catch up on your sleep this weekend!

Vilma, glad to hear Silver is on the mend. You are so sweet to go and groom him!

Chris, way to go on the eating (you, too, Beth!). I'm hoping giving up the sweets will force me to look for healthy alternatives. Those one-legged sit and stands sound evil! What will you do during your rest week?

Last night was crazy. Went to the talent show at the kids school. They weren't in it, but they wanted to go see some of their friends. 22 acts. Yes, 22. They were cute, but towards the end I was getting really antsy! Lots of High School Musical and Hannah Montana sing overs! Then Ian had a basketball game at 8:30 so we all went to that. Ian has never been a sports guy. We were surprised he wanted to try BB. The first few games were painful to watch. He just looked so uncomfortable out there and no one ever gave him the ball. But he kept on. Little by little he got more aggressive. He hadn't scored any baskets up until last night. But he was doing great on defense. Well, the game was tied near the end and Ian got the ball. He shot and he scored! It was hilarious - all the parents and his teammates yelled and cheered for him. The look on his face was priceless! He was so proud! We wound up winning by two points. We didn't get home until about 10:00 and everyone was all pumped up. Took till about 11:00 to get everyone settled and in bed!

Today's workout was combos 3-5 from Amy's ASCIII. I almost have the Dorothy in Combo 4 down! Yea me! I was planning on doing some 1RMs but only did one! Ran out of time. Had to get Jameson to band. I'm thinking I might do Butts & Guts tomorrow. Or, hmmm, maybe try out an STS leg workout!

Joanne

Back briefly.....

Chris, my legs are not that sore this morning! I think the yoga helped me tremendously, but I also think I could have worked a lot harder on the legs -- I'm just paranoid because of my sore left cheek.

Joanne, I'm sorry to hear about your mom! I hope all works out well and you can get to the play without too much stress in your afternoon/evening. I'll be sending good thoughts and hugs your way. I absolutely love your basketball story -- what a triump! And what a confidence booster.... that's just a great story. Oh, Larry's eye -- I didn't get much chance to talk to him this morning, so I don't know!

ok, I've got to do some work!

-Beth

Chris: That was one tough workout today. I did the wall squats with the step so that I could put my weights on it instead of the floor. It was alot better that way. Still hard though..I always feel my legs after using the stability..So, I am sure tomorrow will be sore..Anyway, I am glad that next week is recovery..I am going to do Amy Bento Advanced step challenge workouts and maybe some FIRMs next week. Stretching and yoga too..

Joanne: Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is better and you can enjoy the play..That is great that Ian is getting into basketball. Chris is playing too. This is his first attempt at BB..second game is tomorrow. Last Saturday they play their first game and the other team destroyed them. The other team was a travel team and knew what they were doing!! Good for you getting that Dorothy combo. I am way off on that one still. I just do my own thing when it comes up!!LOL..

Hi!

Taking a minute break before the boys come home...

Beth: I went extra light on Disc 3 too, but I still had tons of DOMS! I bet CLX conditioned your legs to be stronger than you think, huh? But I bet the yoga helped a bit more too. I had a sore left hamstring when i started too. what's with the left butt??

Joanne: Holy COW, girl, you got a world of crap going on there!!! Don't you EVER worry about posting here whats going on, we're friends!!
grouphugg.gif
I wonder if your mom and dad had/have what went through our hospital. the Norovirus. It's a nasty NASTY stomach bug that's WICKED contagious and can be in varying degrees. Some get it horribly bad, others not so bad. It's the same stomach virus that was on the cruise ships, remember? ... I hope everything works out there, Joanne. Do you have any siblings? ... WOW, what a game for Ian, huh? that's very cool! MY oldest plays basketball too. Their team really sucks , but I'm proud to say he still loves to play. He's not the 'best' himself, but just has fun doing it. (That's all a parent could want, right?)

Kathy: How did you do the squats with the step? I tried it but couldn't figure out where to put the step to put the weights down in the right spot. Oddly enough, I couldn't figure it out, and put them on the floor, and really didn't have a hard time with it! Weird, huh?

Zach is playing in the Jazz Band at an Arts Festival tonight (Artwork from kids at all our town schools is going to be displayed, plus other activities). So off we go after an early dinner to watch! I'm kind of looking forward to "going out on a Friday night"... How pathetic is THAT? LOL!

Last edited:
Hello friends. Sorry I've been MIA. I'm so busy with so much going on. With working and then I got hired again by Liveops.com and I'm starting my certification with them, and cleaning the house. I did get STS in the mail yesterday!!!!!!! I previewed disc one and it looks so DARN AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love the intro, the quality of the dvd, the music, etc. It just seems so PERFECT!!!!! I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to start! I'll BB on Monday again since I'll be busy this weekend. I've missed you guys!!

Chris: Yup! I got Abs Circuit :) I previewed it and it looks GREAT!!! I will start on Monday :)

BB monday friends!! Have a great weekend!

Ivy, I figured you got a job with the home shopping network selling used exercise dvds! (she probably won't even see this humorous post)

Chris/Kathy, the leg DOMS set in this afternoon -- not bad, but I can feel it back there. It is odd about the left cheek -- I think a lot of people have it on the left side! Strange. I don't even wear a wallet in my back pocket (I think that can bother a lot of guys). Anyway, you guys are scaring me for the upcoming leg work. I was also thinking a rest week is crazy, but it sounds like I'll need it!

It's absolutely beautiful here this afternoon -- like spring again. We're going to have rain all next week, which is fine, I like that too, but boy it's nice right now. I'm out there......

-Beth

Chris: I put the step in line with my butt ( under my butt when I was in the 90 degree stance. Then when I lowered down I didn't have as far to go. It was still tough...So, I am working on perfecting those. I also watched the cathe tv segment this afternoon and I have been doing the 1 legged sit and stands with the step and Cathe says to use a chair because it is higher. No wonder they were so tough!!! I am trying it the other way next time..Hope you enjoyed your evening out..

Ivy: Glad you got your STS. It is awesome!!

Beth: I didn't have crazy DOMS until last week..So look out!! Enjoy that wonderful weather. We were around 63 or so today and yesterday. But, they say it will get cooler this weekend and next week..

Ivy, I figured you got a job with the home shopping network selling used exercise dvds! (she probably won't even see this humorous post)

Chris/Kathy, the leg DOMS set in this afternoon -- not bad, but I can feel it back there. It is odd about the left cheek -- I think a lot of people have it on the left side! Strange. I don't even wear a wallet in my back pocket (I think that can bother a lot of guys). Anyway, you guys are scaring me for the upcoming leg work. I was also thinking a rest week is crazy, but it sounds like I'll need it!

It's absolutely beautiful here this afternoon -- like spring again. We're going to have rain all next week, which is fine, I like that too, but boy it's nice right now. I'm out there......

-Beth

LOL!!!!:p I'll be selling workout dvds alright.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.