February CHECK IN ☼ Weekend Edition 21-22 ☼

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Just getting us started for the weekend.

:)

Oy Cats need feeding BBsoon :eek:

picture.php

Good morning Vilma and everyone to come...

Today is going to be tough. I have some big time DOMS in my legs from yesterday. Mainly in the hamstrings and glutes...Ouch!! Today's workout is 4DS bootcamp cardio and a cardio fix from that disc...This is a toughie especially with the sore legs!!!

Be back later!

Alrighty now they are quiet. Sheesh one would think they were starving - silly kitties.
smiley-hug011.gif

Kathy have you seen CatheTV section on those wall squats? She really showed how you can do them and I'm going to try it myself even though I don't have STS. Seems a bit challenging to get all the way down and pick up the weights.

Here's hoping your legs feel better today - sounds like a killer leg routine

Ivy just enjoy your visit w/ your Mami; good for you on getting your workouts in while she's there. ;)

Chris so happy to hear your feeling energized after your workouts. LOL at having kids in and out of your house it gets pretty insane doesn't it?

When I worked I never had a patient code on me but I did have some pass while I was home and feeling so upset when I got on the floor and found out. I worked in a surgical unit while living in NM w/ some overflow coming in from oncology - it was tough. Sending you big hugs.

Waving Hellos to Hottie, Joanne & Beth (hey how's the skiing?) :D

I think I'll do some step here soon hmmm perhaps Step Blast.

'Talk' to you all later.
dancegirl2.gif

picture.php

Hiya Kathy

You posted while I was in mid post ;)

Perhaps doing some cardio will help get some of that lactic acid build up in your legs get out.

Take some Aleve or Advil before hand if you can and soak those muscles
bathtime.gif

picture.php

Vilma -- lucky you for being able to do Step Blast! i seriously thought about watching in on my computer yesterday as I waited for my evil tubes to do their thing so I could write down modifications I could do...

Kathy -- Have fun with BC! Mrs. Boylan was telling me in her last email about how sore *she* is from the leg workouts of STS so you should feel extra tough...

Hey...I think I may take a break from the forums. It's just I think I'm going to go down one of those really super grumpy paths and I don't want to put that negativity in. Last night I barely slept and I woke up to a lovely panic/stress attack. ::groan:: Poor DH just calmed me down. I let him sleep for the last hour as I've been going through the DVR and eating the opposite of clean food. Debating about working out, going into work, or trying to catch another couple minutes of shut eye. I don't think I'm going to have a single weekend off for the next month or so but maybe I'll get a day or two in the week. I didn't get a single workout in yesterday so I'm debating about doing LIC full blown again -- I can't wait until the low impact restriction is taken off. (I know this sounds funny but I swear my arches *look* better.) I know exactly which workout I'm going to do (Imax2).

Hmm...I think I'm going to shnuggle with Joe for at least a couple moments...

Hey Girls!

My low end is talking to me LOUD after DISC 9 yesterday! Holy CRAP is all i can say. It is mostly my quads and butt. I think all those deadlifts got me good. I did end up doing 4DS: Bootcamp (THE best 30 minute sweatfest ever!) but I wasn't so into the Cardio Add On, I did 20 Minutes of Ab Jam from Turbo Jam instead (and got a 3rd ab workout in!). I did feel my legs loosen up with BC, but they're back to sore again :confused:

How did you do, Kathy? Did you like the cardio add-on? I was cringing thinking about doing back and front kicks.

Vilma: Those dang cats, Huh? Mine don't cry, they just stalk me and stare at me with those *eyes* until I feed them in the morning! Yes , it was crazy here yesterday w/ the boys. I'm very ready for them to go back to school, but I know the quiet will almost feel deafening after this week!!! Oh! I still need to check out Cathe TV today... Those wall squats are T.O.U.G.H.!! .. I know you'll have an enjoyable sweatfest with SB today!!

Hottie:
Oooooooh , you make me sad that you're going "away". You should NOT stop posting with us! We'll try to help if we can!. I can almost imagine the overwhelming feelings you're getting about work and life right now. I do that to myself sometimes, esp on weekends and work. Luckily mine don't last more than the weekend (because work doesn't last more than the weekend). Please check in with us, if you can!

Zach's blood sugars are crap this morning, and he's got LARGE ketones in his urine (not good). This stresses me out bigtime! And I *NEED* to keep my eating under control today. With my off eating last weekend, I've put on 2 more lbs, and when I "put on" a few lbs, it never goes away!!! (if I continue eating the same). So I have to straighten my act UP or else! It's crazy that those few lbs can make me feel like a huge whale. I look down and all I see is "fat". isn't that stupid? Oh well... off i go....

Step Blast completed.

Hottie take the time you need- we'll be here waiting for your return w/ big arms opened wide - I sure will miss your posts but understand how life can get at times.

Chris I swear I think my calico must have some Siamese in her as she's the one who does the howling/ crying bit most of the time...my tabby well he will do the staring and maybe mew a lil bit. Cassie my calico will stay by my bedroom door trying to open it up and cry the moment she knows I'm awake. I have decided not to feed her until she shuts up :rolleyes: she's learning as she'll wait until Silver gets fed first he's topcat and it avoids them fighting if he eats first and will sit quietly until her bowl gets filled- They sure are something else though.

picture.php

Sunday Morning

I'm getting ready to go do Supersets....now that one I have not done in years. Looking forward to it as I'm thinking this dvd got pushed to the way side when the Gym styles came along.

Been a quiet weekend here on the boards busy weekend for me off the boards ;)

So who is going to watch the Oscars tonight?

I'm hoping Slumdog Millionaire gets best movie - it was so so so good - just a wonderful movie and did anyone get a chance to see 'The Reader'? Now that one was ermmm something else :eek:

I'll be using my dvr since it'll be running way past our bedtimes and I don't want to miss it :)

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and Chris I hope you had a good night at work.

picture.php

Good morning ladies..

Today is a rest day for me..I think I will do a segment of stretch max though. I need it..I am still a little sore. But, it is good core. Hamstrings are still tender..

Vilma: Enjoy supersets!! I watched Cathe's tv segments last night. I am going to use that suggestion of either the yoga blocks or step and see how it goes..I don't usually get into the awards shows. The oscars are one of the better ones. We usually watch a little of that one..Haven't seen that movie..

Chris: Well, I didn't print out the top part of the rotation. So, I was puzzled to what the cardio quick fix was. So, I ended up doing a FIRM cardio workout. Then, I came back on the forums and looked up the rotation that Cathe posted and said Duh!! So, I will be doing it next time for sure!! My lower body is still sore. Mainly in my glutes and hamstring. I do hear the inner thighs a little..I love the firewalkers too. Missed them in Disc 9..

Hottie: Love your new photo with Cathe...Cedie is right Disc 9 has made me the sorest yet!!

Hi Everyone! I posted late yesterday, but I think I used an older thread so probably no one saw it. I don't think I'll ever have the time to go back and catch up on older threads, so I'm just jumping in! Hottie, sorry to hear about how stressful work is -- remember that we are a mighty supportive bunch and we can handle some negative vents if that's what you need to do. Chris, I hope everything works out ok (quickly!) with Zach. Yikes!!

Skiing was awesome! This was the best family vacation we've had in a long time because everyone was happy almost all the time. Travis tried snowboarding for the first time and he took to it really well and had a blast (he never liked skiing -- just frustrated him). Dylan was happy in lessons for three days -- amazing, because they usually hate the lessons. So, it was really fun. I thought about you all, but especially the STS legs girls as my legs really really really burned going down those hills. I thought "what kind of rest week is this?! and what would Cathe think?" but, I jumped into disc 1 this morning. You guys are right -- it really moves along quickly (though I didn't have trouble not having enough time except once). I think my endurance is totally shot after doing clx, but, it was nice the way she cycled through the body parts. I'm not saying anything new, just experiencing what you guys have. Joanne, I saw that your package arrived -- did you start, or when are you planning to? I tacked on the no equipment abs and about 45 minutes of yoga -- I did some yoga last night, too. My glutes are really sore from skiing (even though I tried to stretch while there). Legs is scheduled for Thursday -- we'll see what kind of shape I'm in then!!

I missed you guys!!

ETA: my eating was pretty bad this last week -- not a lot of sweets (my usual downfall), but we ate mostly pasta and pizza! I'm going to try to be really good for a while.....

-Beth

Hey Girls!

Just going to type away as I wait for DH to bring home take-out!

Vilma: Your cats sound crazy too! Siamese are more "vocal" huh? Although our male cat (the orange fluffy one) is pretty 'meow-ey', Our tiger tabby never makes a noice, but she has those "eyes"!! Hope you enjoyed Supersets! I don't even remember what that workout is all about it's been so long!

Kathy: Yep. My hamstrings felt the same from legs this week. Just a little tenderness left mostly in my hams today. I feel so silly at work, every Saturday I go in and moan and groan like an old lady when I have to bend over to pick something up, etc. As someone commented on another post, they must all think I have wild Friday nights! I read a little bit about Disc 10 here, and I'm a little sceered! I think the 1RM goes up to 70% :eek:

Beth: So glad you had a good week skiiing and even gladder you're back! LOL! Skiiing sounds like a ton of fun! Good to hear your boys worked things out to have fun. I can only imagine the soreness in your legs! That happnes to me when I run for the first few times too, it's crazy! AND you've started STS! I've gotten used to the pace of STS now, and kind of set things up better for the workout. I print out the card, and glance at the exercises to come, and try to have things set up. The cycling from one exercise to the next is one of my favorite things. Not staying on any one exercise for endless reps is nice!! I'll be curious as to how DOMS are you for tomorrow!

No Academy Awards for me tonight, though I'd love to watch. Maybe if someone has them on at work, I can watch while doing my assessments and pushing drugs or better yet, giving someone the bedpan! LOL!

See you guys in the morning (though I lurk at work sometimes... shhh! don't tell anyone!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.