February 09 CHECK IN -->> Mon. 23 <<--

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Monday Morning!

Welcome back Beth.... sounds like your and your family had a lovely time on the slopes :)

Well I was able to see most of the Academy Awards last night and will finish watching today while I mop up my floors.

I always enjoy watching the dresses and how everyone comes out looking spiffy :)

Today I may do a cardio not sure which one just yet.:eek:

Hope all have a wonderful Monday :)

I hope to BBL

picture.php

Good morning! No awards for me -- no tv here. And, given that I haven't seen any of the movies (I don't think), I guess I'm not hugely interested. Still, I remember when I used to watch -- always fun!

Last night I started filling in my calendar with the first meso workouts -- Cathe's cardio suggetions -- and even though IMAX 2 was scheduled for today, I ended up doing KPC, which was meant to be later in the week. About halfway through it it dawned on me that I was supposed to be doing imax 2. Oh well. I think it was my subconscious mind at work -- kickboxing always hurts my hips, and I think I thought it would be too hard to follow STS legs after kickboxing. :)

Rainy and foggy here -- too bad we can't all stay in bed! Happy Monday everyone (especially Chris! since it probably feels like Friday for you).

-Beth

Good morning everyone...

Vilam: We watched some of the end. Where they did the best actress/actor/director and movie...

Today will be Disc 10 of STS and the stability ball abs..I was glad to wake up to most of the soreness gone from those hamstrings!! Tomorrow I am sure it will be the chest that will be crying after all the pushups that I will be doing today...

Anyway, gotta get back to school lessons..

Be back later...

Last edited:
Hi Beth: Glad your family had a great vacation..Welcome back..Great job starting STS yesterday...Kickboxing is a good idea for today and Imax 2 for your next cardio. It is tough doing legs after kickboxing. I discovered that last week..

Good Afternoon!

Well, my mommy left today and I'm gong to miss her :(

Today I did Christi Sold Gold Step plus 10 Min Sol Tummy Toners Ab and Waist Definer. The workout today was a lot of fun!

Vilma: I had a great time with my mom. She's so much fun! I hope she comes back again SOON! LOL! Have fun with your cardio workout!

Beth: Great workout today!

Kathy: Have fun with Disk 10!

Waves to Chris, Joanne, Hottie! Hope everyone is doing good! Now it's time for lunch! I'll BB later :)

Hi ladies. Well, I was a bit under the weather this weekend. Still not feeling great. I was running a fever and had the nasty cold/cough thing going around. Had to come into work today though. Yuck!! So, needless to say, no workouts since Friday.

Ivy, sounds like you had a nice time with your mom. Check your PM's. :)

Kathy, you're doing so good with STS!

Vilma, I watched a bit of the Oscars. I just like looking at the dresses! Some really gorgeous ones this year.

Hey Beth. Sounds like you had a great vacation!! Well, here's my tentative STS plan. I'm taking a semi-rest week or two. I'm just going to concentrate on some cardio when I'm feeling better and do my 1RM's. I was thinking doing those are actually pretty similar to doing the Push phase of CLX. Then I'm going to try out the Lean phase of CLX. If I like it, I'll do the four weeks, if not, I"ll jump into STS. I've done a whopping - drum roll please - two 1RMs so far! Yea, me. Ha. I do have a question. For the alternating ones, like alternating shoulder presses, where you do one arm at a time, how do you count your reps? Say you do 12 reps - 6 on each arm. Do you record that as 12 or as 6?

Hope you all had a great weekend. I'll try to BBL...

Joanne

Quickie drop in:

I have a busy afternoon since DH worked last night too, and I slept 4 hours and the taxi, chef, launderer this afternoon myself :confused:

I cranked out DISC 10, which was Chest Shoulders Biceps and up to 70% of 1RM. WICKED tough. I couldn't complete the last few reps on some of the exercises and was really struggling. I felt "weak". I wonder if you're supposed to be failing when you move up the 1RM%'s?

I better go shower before my other 2 get home..

BBL!

AAAHHHH!!! I just bought STS!!!! I can just do cartwheels on this computer right now!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! Thank you Joanne!!!!! :D

Joanne: Thanks so much for the PM!!! You saved me!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Chris: I heard that from my other workout buddies too. They said at the end they just couldn't lift the weights, they struggled too! I can't wait to see what this is all about!!!

quick post for me also as i shovel some food into my mouth - is shrimp cocktail considered clean? I hope so :eek:

I had totally forgotten I had a doctors appt this afternoon plus run to get some fresh produce. of course doc put me on new meds so had to wait at the pharmacy

I have less than 10 min before I have to haul back outta here to grab ds from track practice and omg I forgot to take the porkchops out for dinner and they are still frozen yikes.

ended up doing the kickbox only portion of 4ds

dangit I have to go phone is ringing and i just got home about 15 m ago gawd:confused:

Joanne: Sorry to read that you were ill this weekend. What a horrible way to spend you time at home!! When are you starting your STS journey?

Ivy: Yeah!! Another STS'er!!! You won't be sorry for this purchase. I know I am not..I am really enjoying the ride..

Chris: I was having a tough time too. Mostly shoulder exercises..Oh and the stability ball abs was so tough. I couldn't even do those 1 leg pikes!! I can't really do all the 2 legged pikes..LOL!! I was feeling weak too. Maybe that is why next week is a recovery week. To reenergize us!!

Ok, done with disc 10 and it was tough. My muscles are feeling it for sure!!! The stability ball abs were tough too..I couldn't do those ski move ones or the pikes very well..So, I did what I could. Cathe did say just atempting was helping!! I hope so!

Well, gotta start thinking about dinner now...

Hey! Congrats to Ivy for jumping on the STS bandwagon.

Joanne, sorry to hear you were sick! Hope it is really past tense by now! On the 1RM question, I would count that as 6 -- the count for each arm, not the combined.

By the way, STSers ahead of me, I am not really feeling DOMs today!!! I'm shocked, frankly. And yes, I'm dreading going to 70% -- I think it's going to be very tough. I watched that cathe tv segment where she said even attempting works the abs, and I had to say I thought about it during the kpc ab work this morning since she has pikes on the ball which I think I will NEVER be able to do! :)

I have non-cold groceries I'd better put away.......

-Beth

Vilma: Great job on 4DS KB. Sounds like you are a busy woman today! Hope you get through the day easily :)

Kathy: WTG on Disk 10!! I can't wait to start! I really hope I won't be sorry about buying them, it's a TON of $$$. I've never paid so much for some workout DVDs! But, I know Cathe's workouts are worth it.

Beth: Thanks! I'm so excited. They have already been shipped! I'm going to be waiting impatiently, LOL!!! I'm scared to do those pikes on the ball, I feel like I will fall on my face and bust it!

Dear Lordy what an afternoon I'm so exhausted but wanted to swing on by here before I collapse into my bed next to my snoring husband :confused: - I need to make sure he puts on his cpap mask on before I crawl into bed tonight :rolleyes:

Beth no tv? wow I would go stir crazy without my Today show and early morning news lol
I really love both KPC and Imax 2 now are you not glad we convinced yopu to get Imax 2 last year? :D

So how did you enjoy your 1st STS disc? I'm surprised you are not feeling DOMs yet hmmm well I'm thinking you'll be feeling them soon enough as you continue on with the program. Hearing how poor Kathy was feeling with her legs this weekend well yeah me thinks the Doms will visit you soon - like Cathe says "Be careful what you wish for " ;)

Kathy are you feeling better with less Doms in your lower body? Wow you are already in week 3 ? WTG!!!

Ivy
you too w/ STS? Aw shucks now I'm the only one in this check in that does not have STS :confused: Oh well maybe one day if I think my body can handle it sans the hunger cravings and all those crazy push ups yikes :eek: We are going to get oldest DD a beater car and beater cars cost over 2 thousand so yeah thats just mo money and mo money leaving our pockets sigh:rolleyes: so I don't even dare to mention buying a pair of panties at this time lol :p

Joanne so the kids gave you their colds? So sorry to hear you had a sickie weekend:( Smart move with holding off on the workouts until you feel better. Don't do what I've done in the past and rushed my body only to have a relapse and stay sick for weeks on end.:eek:

Chris
you where having those topsy turvy days too today? It got so crazy over here I thought I was going to implode. lol

Hottie
if you are reading; I'm sending you a big hug and hello :)

Well I hope you all have a great evening

¡Hasta Mañana! :D

picture.php

Vilma: I hope you rest well tonight. I bet you are exhausted. Yup, I just couldn't pass the good deal on the STS. BUT, now I have 50 DVDs of mines up for sale.

If anyone is interested in buying any just let me know and I'll send you the list :)

I'm trying to make $$ to pay the the STS since I got a deal with paypal no payments for 3 months and that's how I paid for STS. I'll pay what I can from the DVD sales and the rest with my money.

Vilma, yep, no tv. When we moved here three years ago, we decided to look at the view instead. I did cave a couple of months after we moved here, because we are hockey fans and we were missing the games. We had the dish up and running for two hours and my husband said "call and cancel" because everything we tried to watch (hockey) they wanted an extra premium for. They cancelled without much hassle, and we have not looked back. It does mean that when we stay anywhere with a tv, my boys are totally and completely glued to it every moment we let them, but otherwise, it's awesome!!! Just don't expect me to know any pop culture. :D

Ivy, you may as well send me your list of dvds for sale, or post here. You never know what some of us vidiots will buy!!! :eek:

And Vilma, don't feel too bad -- you have your trial of clx on its way to you -- I made it to the post office today. I can't wait to here what you think of it. Joanne, I'd love to hear what you think of the lean phase since I didn't really like it much (but I don't know how much of that was me convincing myself to start sts right after vacation!).

-Beth

Thanks Vilma. I am actually starting week 4 today....My lower body is feeling alot better. But, I fear that my upper body will be having some DOMS tomorrow. We will see! Hope you get some sleep tonight. My hubby does that snoring right in my ear some nights! UGH!!!

Ivy: Send me the list and I will take a look. Not sure I am in the market for anything. But, I will sure look at it..

Beth: I don't watch much tv. But, I couldn't do without it all the time..Good for you!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.