Favorite Water Bottle

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,
My water bottle cracked (plastic freebie I was using) so I decided to get something to help me hit a gallon of water a day :) I was checking out the HydroFlask and wondering what top is best, what's not messy or annoying etc. So ... what's your favorite water bottle?

Thanks!
Liz

We use recycled glass beer growlers. You can get them at those u-brew places, although we got them free from Craigslist. They are useful for so many things.
As for my on-the-go bottle, I cannot recall where I got it. It's lightweight stainless steel.

Our favorite bottles at the moment are Camelbak Eddy (has a straw) and Nalgene OTF. The Nalgene one is super sturdy... You can drop it on concrete and it is still fine. If I don't use water bottles then I don't drink enough water. For some reason filling a glass is just not an option and bottles are great on the go.

My favourite by far is the Contigo bottle. :):)
http://www.gocontigo.com/water-bottles
Here in Canada, I got a package of 3 of them at Costco for a very reasonable price (about $20. for the tri-pack).

It can be used with one hand - great if you are doing a spin workout or just want to grab a quick sip. It also NEVER leaks out. You squeeze the release value as you drink so there is no way for it to pour out when the lid is lifted unless you are squeezing it. Also, you can load ice in it easily and wash it easily in the dishwasher (top opening is not too small).

Love the growler idea, Elsie! Thanks.

Refreshing this thread because I need a portable water bottle to motivate me to drink water throughout the day. What water bottle are the cool kids using these days? :)

Lisa

I like my Nalgene mountain biking water bottles. They are meant to keep the mouth piece protected from grit and grime but I use them all the time. Only downside is that they are easily knocked over because they are meant to sit in a water bottle cage. I've been using them for well over 20 years! By the way I buy them on Amazon.

There are a lot of great options out there. To give you feedback specifically on Hydro Flask, I have no complaints. Mine has the screw-off cap, so maybe not the most convenient option that exists, but I've had it for YEARS (9+) and it still keeps water cold (or hot) forever; no leaks, durable, and easy to wash.

Thank you for the suggestions @snowlover and @sneakers! I am going with a Hydroflask with a straw lid. The Nalgene options look good but I need the convenience of a straw. The Hydroflasks are pricey so good to know they can last 9 years!

Thank you for the suggestions @snowlover and @sneakers! I am going with a Hydroflask with a straw lid. The Nalgene options look good but I need the convenience of a straw. The Hydroflasks are pricey so good to know they can last 9 years!
I had 2 hydroflasks and did love them but suddenly they developed a weird smell. I wash them all the time and I only use them with water. I had my husband look at them and he noticed that the inside metal was deteriorating. I don't know if I just got 2 bad ones or maybe they are making them cheaper but I had to throw mine out after about 3 years, maybe not even that lone. I never had them in the heat or hot car and only used cold water. But now I just purchased a Polar Sport Bottle but it has a sport top and I'm not a big fan of that. But it's rated as one on the best made in USA water bottles and has a lifetime guarantee so I'm going to try it out later today. Best of luck with your bottle search.

I had 2 hydroflasks and did love them but suddenly they developed a weird smell. I wash them all the time and I only use them with water. I had my husband look at them and he noticed that the inside metal was deteriorating. I don't know if I just got 2 bad ones or maybe they are making them cheaper but I had to throw mine out after about 3 years, maybe not even that lone. I never had them in the heat or hot car and only used cold water. But now I just purchased a Polar Sport Bottle but it has a sport top and I'm not a big fan of that. But it's rated as one on the best made in USA water bottles and has a lifetime guarantee so I'm going to try it out later today. Best of luck with your bottle search.
Oh no! That smell situation would be unpleasant. I will monitor for that. Thanks for the heads up, firemedic. I agree that things just don't seem to have the same quality as they used to. Maybe it's better just to buy the cheap stuff from the get go, since even expensive products often disappoint

Oh no! That smell situation would be unpleasant. I will monitor for that. Thanks for the heads up, firemedic. I agree that things just don't seem to have the same quality as they used to. Maybe it's better just to buy the cheap stuff from the get go, since even expensive products often disappoint
Well, I tried the Polar bottle and did not like it at all. So now I'm trying a stainless steel again but now it's Iron Flask. I like that it comes with 3 different lids so I can change depending on what I'm doing. So, will see how long this lasts. I figured $20 every 3 yrs or so on a bottle isn't so bad, just in case this one goes bad.

Well, I tried the Polar bottle and did not like it at all. So now I'm trying a stainless steel again but now it's Iron Flask. I like that it comes with 3 different lids so I can change depending on what I'm doing. So, will see how long this lasts. I figured $20 every 3 yrs or so on a bottle isn't so bad, just in case this one goes bad.
I have used them too. Loved it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.