Favorite "Boot Camp"-style Moves?

Jennifit

Cathlete
Hi!
Does anyone have a favorite "boot camp" style move? I am teaching my first class (NERVOUS) and just want to get some great ideas. Thanks so much!

Burpees, jumping jacks and push ups are my favorites for Boot Camp. Preferably some combination of the 3 to make it really challenging. A burpee with a push up in the middle just kicks my butt after a few of them!

Good luck!

Go to turnstep.com, when your at the sight, check out all the ideas for bootcamp classes there. The catagory for bootcamp ideas is under other. You will find al kinds of ideas for yourclass. Have fun, and don't sweat it.

What melimcn said. I'd also add jump squats or air squats, those evil plyo lunge thingies that Cathe does, tuck jumps, walking lunges, suicide runs.

Will you have access to any kind of equipment? Even things that you can jump on or over can add a fun (evil fun ;) ) dimension.

I like all of the above mentioned!! I also like football runs with drop pushups and if you use a step I love drills on the step!

When I when to a fitness boot camp we did the following. These are mainly without equipment.

Pull ups
Push ups - all different kinds
Squat jumps
Squat Thrusts
Burpees
Box Jumps
Step Ups
Running - mainly suicides
burpee pull ups
wall squats
sit ups
jump rope
calf raises
squats
split squats or Bulgarian split squats (back leg is up on a step)
Walking Lunges

We would often do combinations of these exercises. Like broad jump, then burpee then squat jump, repeat.

Have fun!!

Here's one my class moans so loud when I say it's next. :eek:

Right hand touches the floor and then reach that hand up and jump. I stay on one side for 30 seconds and then do the left hand. It's a killer, and gets that heart pounding! :p

Sumo Squats

Ice Breakers

Have fun! Good luck with your class. I started teaching a Boot Camp class in September and it's a huge hit! They ask me if I think all day long on ways to torture them, and........of course, I DO! ;)

Marcia

I second all of the above emotions. I'd also like to suggest another fast-foot agility drill that Amy Bento calls "football weaves", which is a lateral fast-foot traveling move kind of like an ultra-fast grapevine. She has an interval built around that drill in "Hi/Lo Xtreme", doing quick-change sets of football weave right, plyo jack, football weave left, plyo jack, over and over again. Surprisingly nosebleed even though it's low impact! Make sure to change directions quickly and frequently!

A-Jock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.