Father's Day ideas ?

sancho

Cathlete
Hey,

I'm searching online, but can't find anything. I'm hoping maybe someone on this site has seen something like what I'm looking for. My girls wrote me these wonderful poems at school for Mother's Day. The teacher gave them the template and then they filled them in. It went :

If I could grant one wish for you
I would ...............................

May all your ...........................
May you discover ....................

May you be able to ..................
May life bring you ........................

there were 20 lines total. And my kids filled in the blanks with really fun and personal stuff (like May your tennis coach be nicer to you).

Since mother's day is in May, I thought all the MAY you was very cute. I guess I could adjust this for father's day and keep the May. . .

But I was just checking to see if anyone had seen anything cute and different for dads.

I love the "may" idea for Mother's Day...how cute :)

For Father's Day...my kids have done little poems, etc. for their Dad at school filling in questions as well, such as:

how old is my dad?
his favorite food/color is?
he is ____tall
he weighs ______
his eyes are_____; his hair is _______
Etc. Really it can be anything and the answers my kids gave were always so cute.

Pictures and handprints/footprints are always cute. My son's preschool always does Father's Day gifts during the school year and the most recent one he did is a picture of himself holding a sign that says "I love dad" w/ a heart in place of love. He painted puzzle pieces and glued them together to make a frame w/ a magnet on the back.

Have you checked Family Fun magazine? They always have really cute ideas.

My two girls wanted to get their dad (for his bday) this heat/massage chair (really a seat attachment). they begged and begged. well. i agreed. and let me tell you my girls have been using this massage chair everyday, at every meal (they have attached it to a dining room chair) and while doing homework etc. their dad hasn't had a chance yet ha ha. clearly they wanted it for themselves. we love it. I'm using it right now. ha ha. poor Daddy. lucky he is very patient.

Last edited:
Wanted to add one more idea...I just got hubby a desk calendar from Shutterfly to put in his office. It took a little time to upload the pics, organize, edit, etc. but I think it will turn out really cute. Now he'll have pics of his kids to look at while he's at work all year long :D Oh, they are I think, 50% off right now so I got it for only $9.

Love the "May you..." Such a cute idea! I just wanted to say that Shutterfly also has mouse pads that you can put a personal pic on. I had one made for my daughter (& me!) with my grandkids pic and it turned put sooo cute! Even the colors turned out much more vivid then I thought they would. I had it in no time after I ordrered it sooo order right away if you're interested. Happy Father's Day to your hubby. He's got a very special, caring wife! :)

Love the "May you..." Such a cute idea! I just wanted to say that Shutterfly also has mouse pads that you can put a personal pic on. I had one made for my daughter (& me!) with my grandkids pic and it turned put sooo cute! Even the colors turned out much more vivid then I thought they would. I had it in no time after I ordrered it sooo order right away if you're interested. Happy Father's Day to your hubby. He's got a very special, caring wife! :)

After I ordered the calendar I looked at all the photo gifts Shutterfly has...amazing! There are so many neat gift options & everyone loves having pictures of their families. :) I want one of the mouse pads for myself ;)

After I ordered the calendar I looked at all the photo gifts Shutterfly has...amazing! There are so many neat gift options & everyone loves having pictures of their families. :) I want one of the mouse pads for myself ;)

Here is what they look like! :)

Attachments

• MousePad.jpg
    MousePad.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.