Eye twitching?

red_mct

Cathlete
Ok, a few months ago, we had a convo about eye twitching, and someone posted reasons why your eye might twitch. I remember thinking "AH-HA!" at the time, because I periodically get this terrible tic in my right eye. But then I promptly forgot about it. Of course, today my eye is twitching like crazy and I'm trying desperately to figure out why... was it an oxygen thing? a dehydration thing? a get-a-shrink thing??? anyone remember??

Marie

I didn't see the thread, but I get eyelid twitching from time to time. I've noticed that it only happens when I'm stressed out about something, and as soon as I'm calm, it goes away again, like clock work. Are you stressed out now or nervous about something?

Nancy

I just found this on the internet:

"The most common things that make the muscle in your eyelid twitch are fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Once spasms begin, they may continue off and on for a few days. Then, they disappear. Most people experience this type of eyelid twitch on occasion and find it very annoying. In most cases, you won't even notice when the twitch has stopped." MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Nancy

I have a friend whose eye twitches only when she isn't getting enough sleep. Sounds consistent with some of the other information posted here...

Hi:

My eyes twitch when I'm extremely fatigued. Usually, stress and too much caffeine naturally come into play when I hit that point as well. Once I get a few decent nights of sleep, it goes away.

I think it was leg twitches that were a specific sign of over training, not necessarily eye twitches. However, I am sure you could get the eye tics if you weren't getting enough sleep AND overtraining.

I hope you get some rest soon.. they are annoying!! :) Lynn M.

My eye has been twitching on and off (more on than off) since OCTOBER!!! With me it can be stress. I also read about overtraining. My eye doctor and my neurologist both told me there's not really anything you can do about it. Drives me NUTS though. :) I'm experiencing less stress so I do expect it to slow down now.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I'm pretty sure it was just fatigue (and too much caffeine). I'm pretty sure it COULDN'T be overtraining, as I'm coming off a "rest" week worth of 12 billion chocolate calories, hehe. Actually, I did DrillMax yesterday, so perhaps going from 0 to DrillMax...

>Do you still have it this morning, Marie?

Nancy, so far, so good! I'm planning on doing IMAX2 later, so we'll see if it comes back...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.