Exercise DVD for kids

KCinKY

I'm a huge Cathe fan and have been for about 6 years. My girls watch me do Cathe 3-4 times a week and often want to participate, but most of it is WAY over their heads. I'd love to see a set of DVD's for kids that includes cardio AND weight training. I'd love for them to learn the principles of training early on in life, and who better to teach and inspire than Cathe?!

You read my mind!! I was just thinking this today. My girls are almost 6 and 3.5. There is so little that actually caters to kids fitness. Depsite my loathe of Denise Austin I bought them her kids DVD. Its surprisingly fun - the girls love it. There's a 20 min. segment "just for kids" and a 20 min. segment "for family". We all (even husband!) did it this morning. There is cardio, core, and strength-traning using your body weight as resistance. Some stretching at the end too. Thinking about ordering TaeBo Kids.

Do you have any kid workouts that your kids like to do?

I wish Cathe would make one for teens! My DD (12) is "afraid" of Cathe's regular stuff and thinks Taebo for Kids too babyish (too many younger children in the video for her taste). BTW, Taebo is actually a very good video for kids. Just one example: Billy explains what muscle "burn" is in terms kids can understand so kids don't give up when they start to feel it. He's very encouraging and includes body wt work and core along with cardio.

Given the obesity epidemic with kids, it would be great to have a top notch alternative for teens to do at home that was safe, effective and addictive!!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Yes, the whole workout is just under 40 minutes so maybe start with 1/2 of it and see how she does.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I have twin girls they are 7 and my son is turning 4 on the 1st. They use 1lb and 3 lb weights I let them change into their swimsuits and they really give a go of it but my living room is not that big. So I am onboard with this I just purchased the Denise Austin one to do after school.

beth6395

"Another one that proves equipment is not necessary to get the job done" -Cathe Friedrich

Back when I was a kid there was no need for fitness videos. You went outside and played, climbed trees, built forts, ran through trails, rode bikes...it was great physical activity but also good for the imagination. Kids get enough tv.

Beavs, I'm with you 100 percent. The only reason I'm looking for DVDs for the girls is because they love to do them so much! We actually don't even have a TV and the only time my girls watch any kind of TV or movies is when we're on vacation in a hotel. We do our workouts on my laptop.

Beavs, I'm with you 100 percent. The only reason I'm looking for DVDs for the girls is because they love to do them so much! We actually don't even have a TV and the only time my girls watch any kind of TV or movies is when we're on vacation in a hotel. We do our workouts on my laptop.

awww, thanks!

Yesterday Gina (5) did Classical Stretch with me and it was such a hoot to hear her know and feel exactly where she was supposed to feel the stretch.

One time when she was "weight-lifting" with me Cathe said "pull strong" she said "I am, Cathe!"

:7 :7

I would have to agree that Cathe makes a better role model for the smaller set than say....the Britster...

OH!!! I would so love it if Cathe would do a workout for kids!! I have the Taebo kicks workout for the kids and they like that one. I would love to have another good one to alternate that one with. And the kids always see me working out with Cathe...My son thinks everytime I get a package that it is a Cathe workout.HAHA I said I wish!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.