Eating better

naynay

Cathlete
Hi

I am wondering what I should eat more of and what to eat less of so that I can get in shape for soccer swimming and volleyball. I am trying to not eat sweets and macncheese. and I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies. the big problem with me is that I am a very picky eater. If anyone could give me any suggestiongs that would be awesome

thanks

Since you are a picky eater, how about you list some of the foods you do enjoy eating and then we can try and help you figure out how to make a priority list for those foods and how to combine them into meals.

naynay...eat more of natural foods and less of anything processed!

Good Eats:
Proteins: chicken breast, egg whites, tuna, fish
Carbs: brown rice, yams, potatoes, oatmeal
Veggies: broccoli, cucumbers, squash, aspargus
Fats: nuts, fish oil, olive oil

Fruits are good for you but high in carbs....be careful on how much you consume.

Stay away from:
Sugar
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Hydrogenated Oils

Carbs...

Without knowing your daily schedule of soccor, volleyball, and swimming, I'm just going to assume you'll be doing at least one of those a day and possibly more, so I suggest you don't slack on the carbs. Carbs are your fuel for all those activities and the protien is what maintains and builds your strength up for all those activities...So, you'll want to aim for around 45-60% carbs, 20-30% fat, and 20-30% protein to keep your energy levels in check. To keep it simple, just try to a 1-2 servings of carbs at each meal (that includes fruit and starchy vegetables), 1/2 to 1 serving of fat at each meal, and 1 serving of protein at each meal. That way you'll have balanced nutrition for mucho energy and strength!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.