Eating before yoga

A

Andrea

I just got a beginners yoga tape (have never done yoga before) and it told me not to eat for two hours before doing yoga. THe only time I can workout is first thing in the morning and I HAVE to eat a small bowl of cereal or else I am starving and narfy. Does anyone else have a small snack before yoga and will it affect it that much? I want to do yoga for the injury prevention benefits. I get stress relief from any workout so I'm not too concerned about that. Any thoughts would help.
Andrea

Hi Andrea,
I find that if I eat before yoga I have a lot of nausea during the workout. You might try something small like a banana and small glass of juice a half hour before and see if that works for you. Otherwise maybe try doing yoga before bedtime, it's really relaxing and you'll certainly sleep well afterwards.
Good Luck.
Danielle

Benefits??

I just received Yoga Sculpt in the mail as a Christmas present and I'm wondering what are the benefits of yoga??? Is it a workout that is just relaxing or does it also shape your body? For yoga regulars, how often do you do it a week, and what are some good, effective tapes? Thanks so much!

Yoga

I am not a yoga expert, but you should have an empty stomach as it allows you to perform stretches to the best of your ability, and you do become one with your body. Yoga by rights should be done once a day, even if for 20 minutes.
Benefits include, flexability, toning, mind/body integration, definately a good
tension release, you just feel refreshed with good posture. I suggest taking a few classes as there are many types of Yoga, "Power Yoga, Astanga,
Hatha, etc.
Some Yoga is gentle stretching, while others can be quite tough and need good muscle strength. If you like Power yoga, Rodney Yee has beginners and on. You can order his through College Video.
Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.